Games needing sequels! - but we know they'll never come.

Karilas

Jan 6, 2010
GavmatexD said:
I wish they would make a sequel to Shenmue for new gen consoles :)
This is what I was going to say, ninja dude. The story of Ryo and Lan Di needs to be finished damn it!

Vault101 said:
Bender Rodriguez said:
A proper Banjo Kazooie/Tooie sequel.

But it will never happen, there are virtually NO people currently working at Rare who didn't start after Microsoft bought them.
I fucking hate you Microsoft, i hate your greedy ways, your shitty OS and i fucking hate Mr.Ballmer.
Bald coked up douche.

Sure there might be another BK game, but it won't be Banjo Kazooie as we know him.

(Sorry for the profanity here, but nobody likes seeing their childhood stripped of dignity)
I mean seriously....incoming rant WHO THE FUCK THOURGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE IT ABOUT VEHECHLES!!!! sorry the capitals were a bit much, I apologise, but the logic really fails me

anyway theres this bioware game Ive herd of called Jade empire it seems kind of obscure for somthing from Bioware, it looks pretty awosme and if I can get it Ill play it though from what I understand it doesnt have a seaquel
Am I the only person on Earth who really enjoyed Nuts and Bolts!?

Also, Jade Empire is a classic, you should be able to pick up the old Xbox version cheap enough.

Mikoi

Sep 29, 2010
1: Dungeon Keeper 3 - would be awesome, just got DK2 back on my computer (Down side, Crashing to desktop at random times is making it annoying, yet I keep playing). It's one of the first games I really started to play, that and Fury 3 (Great Sci-Fi jet shooter).

2: Warlords Battle-cry - I think that's the RPG/RTS one, not the Turn-based one.

3: Star Trek: Bridge Commander - Just being honest, I actually enjoyed that game, made it 10x better with the KM Mod.

4: Sins of a Solar Empire - Something bigger and better, lol

5: Homeworld - I loved this game for its depth

6: Legacy of Kain - Best game series ever to hit the PC/Playstation

7: Dark Reign - DR2 didn't count, it was crap in comparison to DR1

decaINNERdence

Jul 5, 2010
Scorched_Cascade said:
-Tenchu 3-(Tenchu Z was fun but where is my rikimaru?)
I totally agree with this one, Tenchu to me is one of the best series of all time, Tenchu Z however didn't feel like a tenchu game to me. I miss Rikimaru, and ayame. Creating a sequel to "Wrath of Heaven" and porting it to the Xbox and PS3 like the good ol' days, would be a dream.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Capcom really needs to break out a new Breath of Fire game. I love that series so much, hell, I even went so far as to make a storyline myself and created roughly 30+ characters (that number includes the 8 that are playable) that are involved directly with the storyline. I might be somewhat obsessive and biased towards this particular series but, meh, that's what dreams are for, I guess. And I've only played 1-4 of the BoF series.

York_Beckett said:
A new King's Field game would be cool, but the series' slow pace might not appeal to hardcore audiences, and perhaps only to die-hard fans of the series.
I didn't mind the pace of it. When I get immersed into a story like that, I don't care how it takes. I'm gonna finish it. Though, I never did fully finish King's Field 2.

And where the hell is a Killer Instinct sequel that I can fully appreciate? MvC3 can satisfy me for only so long, you know...

OOH! Almost forgot MegaMan Legends, though I heard number 3 is on it's way. Can't get here quick enough, says I.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Half Life Ok, now that the troll quota has been met...

How about another 3D Bomberman game? If Sonic can get another chance after Sonic 06, Bomberman should get another chance after Act Zero. There have been good 3D Bomberman games, so that's good, at least.

Skies of Arcadia 2. You have a massive, unique world with all sorts of history to it, great mechanics, and unique gameplay. This game NEEDS a sequel.

Alpha Protocol 2. The original wasn't that good. But the concept has potential. So maybe given another chance, it could shine. Or it could just suck and we can move on.

Star Wars Battlefront 3. With the rise of online gaming, the public's love of TPS and FPS games, and considering how LucasArts loves milking the Star Wars cashcow, how this game HASN'T been made is one of the biggest mysteries in the history of gaming.

Diddy Kong Racing 2. Honestly, this game probably shouldn't be made considering the recent track record of Rare. So if Rare gets their act together, this would be a great way to show the gaming public "Hey! We're back!"

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. What can I say, I'm a comic nerd... just make it more like the first one, but keep some of the improvements from 2.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Too human, loved that game. Advent Rising was simply amazing. Finally cant forget about Brutal Legend.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
jhamre said:
-Star Wars: Battlefront
-Nazi Zombies: The Game (You know you want it)
Definite yes for Battlefront 3, and a dedicated Nazi Zombies game would be awesome seeing as it's the best thing in the Treyarch CoD games

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
We're never going to see a sequel to Elite Beat Agents released in the west and that makes me sad.

Saintcole

Mar 24, 2010
I personally will be waiting for the proper squeal to Starcraft, that doesn't kill its story with crap and plot holes and a MP not based on rock,paper,scissors.(And it has LAN)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
My favorite game of all time will never have a sequel. Oh well, I guess that means Freelancer will never potentially be ruined by a terrible sequel.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
Prince of Persia (2008) - the ending pretty much confirmed a sequel but why do they have to take so much time?

Psichonauts - because you can never have too much Razputin.

Brutal Legend - I want to see Eddie kick some other musical genre's ass.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Legacy of Kain. Defiance never got a sequel, and never will now, I suspect. Such a shame.

Tarranium

May 18, 2010
Freedom Figther 2 would be nice

Star Wars Battlefront 3 'nuff said

Star Wars Empire at war 'nuff said

Age of Emires 4 I wonder how well would that do

Lord Of The Rings Gonquest 2 Would be great because they didnt have time to finish the first

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
The only game I can think of that I think really needs a sequel is Advent Rising and I cant believe no one mentioned it. As sci-fi stories go it was pretty original with an alien race wiping out humankind and the survivors coming into their own by developing god like powers as they fought back.

The worst part is, like many games, it ending on a bloody cliffhanger too