Games Only You Seem To Know Exsist

TheEarlOfGrey

Feb 5, 2010
Yesterday I mentioned a game to my friends called Homefront coming out soon, and they just gave me faces so blank I would have had to re-draw their facial features back on. And these guys are game art students.

Anyhoo, ever mentioned a game, new, old or future release that no one seems to know of but you?

(By the way, Homefront is a PC and PS3 game set along the lines of Modern Warfare 2's 'Wolverines' mission, but stretched across an entire campaign. And against South Korea instead.)

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
There was this game I played on the PS2 once. You played a member of the Japanese secret police during one of the samurai periods. The main focus of the game was dodging enemy attacks with really quick dashes then countering with timed combos. It really made you feel like a bad ass movie samurai.

swish swish swish CHOP

Can't remember the name of it for the life of me though.

Edit: The game was called 'Code of the Samurai' for the ps2 it's excellent and so fucking obscure I can't even find a review of it.

Jan 29, 2009
among my friends, it applies to alot of things.
-The Orange Box
-Fallout
-Deus Ex
-Anything not Nintendo

(Good friends, though, so it is handwaved.)

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Singularly Datarific said:
among my friends, it applies to alot of things.
-The Orange Box
-Fallout
-Deus Ex
-Anything not Nintendo

(Good friends, though, so it is handwaved.)
Ah I love Deus Ex =D

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
inb4 searchbar!

oh lol but seriously, search bar man.

Why do you think your the only person to know of a game. The game designers had to know it exists. these threads are so stupid

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
TheEarlOfGrey said:
Yesterday I mentioned a game to my friends called Homefront coming out soon, and they just gave me faces so blank I would have had to re-draw their facial features back on. And these guys are game art students.

Anyhoo, ever mentioned a game, new, old or future release that no one seems to know of but you?

(By the way, Homefront is a PC and PS3 game set along the lines of Modern Warfare 2's 'Wolverines' mission, but stretched across an entire campaign. And against South Korea instead.)
I've read a few articles about that game. It at least sounds interesting. I liked fighting through the streets of suburban America in MW2. Doing it for a whole game sounds pretty neat.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron, it's a amazing game space based RTS (like Homeworld but good), much deserving of a sequel, The Solon Heritage didn't count as it sucked seeing it had no campaign mode to further the epic story.

Kirby Pufocia

Feb 9, 2010
This is a really hard call in my group of friends, because in all likelihood if anybody in the group has yet to hear of a game, it's me (and I'm no slouch either).

Among my non-nerd friends, I'd have to go with stuff like Ikaruga and Gunstar Heroes. And come to think of it, I get a lot of blank stares when I start talking about that dang old 9th Mega Man game (or people who think I'm talking about Rockman & Forte, heh).

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
ethaninja said:
Zoombinies. Or Heavy Gear. Or at least, nobody talks about them anymore.
Heavy Gear Lol! I remember that xP! 'Twas an awesome game.

OT: Among my friends I often am the sole ... knower.. Of certain products, but I wouldn't go as far claiming I'm the only person in the world that knows what Silent Bomber is. I don't have that many friends, and just a few are gamers.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
s4 league online multiplayer computer game. fun as hell but noone has heard of it. you may see an add for it if your on onemanga.com. also no one remeber ico

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Kill.Switch. It's quite difficult in a frustrating and not challenging sort of way and largely crap, but it was the first game I know of to have a functional cover interface, something we take for granted now, and it holds some nostalgia value.

Melkai

Jun 9, 2008
A little gem I stumbled upon a while ago called 'Unreal World'. The game basically tasks you with surviving in the wilderness in iron age Finland, which as it turns out isn't as boring as it seems.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
I would say Custom Robo. One of the best Gamecube games I've ever played, especially for multiplayer... but nobody else knows about it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Here's a game with one of the greatest titles ever:

Crush, Kill, Destroy!