Games Only You Seem To Know Exsist

ForestFox

May 21, 2008
ethaninja said:
Zoombinies. Or Heavy Gear. Or at least, nobody talks about them anymore.
God I miss heavy gear.

Also Mechwarrior, Phantom Crash, Gex: the gecko, propcycle, Dark Sector, Rayman, and Perfect Dark.

I am really disappointed in the 1991+ crowed of gamers who think they have played alot because of the new streamlined FPS's and Western RPG's.

sidereal_day

Feb 5, 2010
Spiner909 said:
My friend, Homefront is not coming out for a good while. And it will be awesome.
I doubt anyone knows Sins of a Solar Empire, but feel free to call me out.
Love me some Sins :D

sidereal_day

Feb 5, 2010
ForestFox said:
ethaninja said:
Zoombinies. Or Heavy Gear. Or at least, nobody talks about them anymore.
God I miss heavy gear.

Also Mechwarrior, Phantom Crash, Gex: the gecko, propcycle, Dark Sector, Rayman, and Perfect Dark.

I am really disappointed in the 1991+ crowed of gamers who think they have played alot because of the new streamlined FPS's and Western RPG's.
What I hate most about the younger gamers is there utter disrespect for anything remotely resembling turn-based combat. It seriously blew my mind the first time I heard someone say they hated "those games where you can't run around during combat." Man, in my day that's all there was fella! At least as far as RPGs were concerned.

Also, a younger kid asked me if Starcraft was "anything like Halo Wars." WTF WTF

iamnotsteve

Aug 1, 2008
sms_117b said:
Haegemonia: (like Homeworld but good)
'Dem's fightin' words son.

Anyway, I know of about 5 people that have played Steambot Chronicles; it's a great little game. As for more recent items, Hotel Dusk is one of the greatest games I have ever played and should be mandatory playing material for anyone that has a DS.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Pursuit Force. The only good, let alone decent, game on the PSP. And no one else seems to have heard of it.

Also, Legend of Dragoon; the greatest RPG I've ever played. No exceptions.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Cube 2/Sauerbraten.

Same game, different name, but either way it's by far the BEST FPS EVOR, as I say fanboy-tastically.

I hate fanboys.

EDIT: Some games in this topic, like Worms, Mechwarrior, Perfect Dark, Gex the Gecko...

Man, you guys have FUCKING AWESOME taste.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
nikki191 said:
crusader no remorse, crusader no regret
I remember these, I still have them too. Original box and everything.

OT: No one seems to remember Descent out of my friends. How have people not played Descent?

ClockWork

Mar 18, 2009
Misadventures Of P. B. Winterbottom, or The City of Metronome, which seems like it's been in development hell for ever.

P3r53us

Dec 25, 2009
FreeSpace 2:Colossus
A space fighter set after an apocalypse. very good for its age. (around 10 year now, i think...)

Badazzninja

Dec 20, 2009
Serious Sam. even though the brought it back in HD on the XBLA, i've never met anyone who's heard of it... which is so sad, because it's a great little game

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
http://www.arcadebomb.com/play/robot_dinosaurs_that_shoot_beams_when_they_roar.html
ROBOT DINOSAURS THAT SHOOT BEAMS WHEN THEY ROAR!

If you haven't played this it is a MUST.

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
Wargasm - real life war has been abolished in favour of the World Wide War Web - all states uploaded thier military, economic, etc capabilities onto the system to make conflict "bloodless". Hackers infiltrate the system, causing widespread chaos. Now its up to you to take on the world and restore order to anarchy!

Epic combined arms warfare game, with the best title for multiplayer ever - Multiple Wargasm.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Anything on the Sega Saturn. Such as this...

AC10 said:
Starfighter 3000
I dare someone to tell me they've played it.
...which I owned on the Saturn. I still remember the track 'Death By Stereo'. Catchy song that. Was a fun game to play.

Kirby Pufocia said:
Among my non-nerd friends, I'd have to go with stuff like Ikaruga and Gunstar Heroes.
I owned the former on the Dreamcast and Cube. Not as good as Under Defeat (another one no-one's heard of) but still excellent 2-players. Played Gunstar Heroes, but it isn't as fun now as it probably was when it was first released.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Today I discovered Dwarf Fortress, why hasn't anyone told me about this.

(Answer: because I just spent four hours figuring out how to build a wall and the graphics are somewhere between "the first computer ever made" and ".txt file".)

Vinculi

Jan 15, 2009
Kirby Pufocia said:
Among my non-nerd friends, I'd have to go with stuff like Ikaruga and Gunstar Heroes.
Oh man, thank you, sometimes I feel like the only person in the english speaking world who played Ikaruga.

Also, why on Earth do I always have to explain what System Shock is? (typical response: Is it like bioshock, herr derr, i liked bioshock, is it a sequel?)