Games Only You Seem To Know Exsist

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
While im sure plenty of people on The Escapist know about it, hardly any of my mates know about Braid.

Von Dean

Feb 10, 2010
GothMatt said:
G-Police: Weapons of Justice. It's an old PS2 game. It isn't right up there on the peak of the 'Great Games' chart, but it's pretty unique.

I played that game once upon a time it was great, did anyone ever hear of/or play Blazing Dragons?I played it on the ps1 when I was about 12 and I think it was written by Terry Gilliam

TheDandyHighwayman

Nov 18, 2009
Spud. nobody seems to know about it.. I can't find it anywhere. the most I can remember of it is you were Santa's Grandson and you went on an adventure to do... something.. can anyone remember this game... and if so where to get my hands on a copy

Von Dean

Feb 10, 2010
Also,anyone heard of the *first 6 are ps1,the other 2 are Dreamcast*
1.Firo and Klawd
2.Vagrant Story(surely someone else knows)
3.Ergheiz
4.Star Wars:Master of Teras Kasi
5.Vib Ribbon
6.Jumping Flash

7.Power Stone
8.Jedi Power Battles

HalcyonUmbra

Oct 9, 2008
EcoEclipse said:
U'Oh!: And Some Subtitle I Think It Had But I Never Knew It Because It Was In Japanese. It was a game I found out about because of a demo disc I got from PlayStation Magazine years ago. You played as a fish and you swam around doing stuff for an old turtle. I really adored it, and have done several different searches for it on the Internet. Nothing has ever come up. It makes me sad, because as I said, I really enjoyed the bit of it I was able to play.

EDIT: I pray that one of you lovely escapists has heard of this and can help me get my hands on it.
Here's the first 12 demo discs, maybe it's on there.

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/opm_demo/

And rather confusing list of... stuff...

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116920

Aaaand apparently a list of every demo disc for everything ever...

http://demodiscs.tripod.com/

Hope you find it.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon for the N64. Anyone?

Come on! That game was one of the best platformers of its time!

Von Dean said:
4.Star Wars:Master of Teras Kasi
We are to never speak of that game again, ever

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
ethaninja said:
Zoombinies. Or Heavy Gear. Or at least, nobody talks about them anymore.
I think I've played Zoombinies before, it's a bunch of purple guys that are trying to get to a "promised land", it's a point n' click too, right?

OT: I have a friend who makes games, so there are quite a few games of his that only I and him are aware of. Anyhoo, my favorite game of his was an RTS based off of star wars, and he once made a god game, where you spawned and killed little guys as you wished and they would build cities and all of that fun stuff.

MetalMachine

Dec 23, 2009
Star Fox Assault
Custom Robo (the original not the godawful DS sequel)
Perfect Dark
and a little game called Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

kidding of course, everyone, their grandmother and their grandmothers dog knows and owns at the very least 1 copy of that game

PessimistOwl

Jan 19, 2010
I haven't seen the response of Commander Keen yet? Anyone? Come on I know I wasn't the only person to play it.....

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
Metroid prime. In my school, other than my friends, if it isn't Halo, Gears, or Modern Warfare(1 or 2), its gay and you're gay for playing it.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
HalcyonUmbra said:
EcoEclipse said:
More snip
It was actually a PS2 demo disc, the first two links were pretty much just PSX. And the third one didn't have it listed either. Though I still have the demo disc it's on, I was hoping for someone to point me in the way of getting a copy of the actual game.

Just Pman

Oct 18, 2009
Billy Hatcher. Not that I really want to talk about it. It consists of riding an egg and saving chickens. I'm done here.

Fish and Chips

Aug 21, 2009
Space Station Silicon Valley for N64. You were a computer chip thing with legs, and raced around jumping into various animals. We lent it to my cousin in return for another controller, and never swapped back.
I'm hoping for a Virtual Console release soon.

ALSO, Sabrina the Teenage Witch for PC! My sister used to play it all the time, but I was too scared to play. Dear God.

TheEarlOfGrey

Feb 5, 2010
I just thought of another one. Kurushi on the PS1, a puzzle game where you had to destroy giant blocks with mined floor tiles without being crushed by them. So rare now but very sweet.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Omikron009 said:
Kill.Switch. It's quite difficult in a frustrating and not challenging sort of way and largely crap, but it was the first game I know of to have a functional cover interface, something we take for granted now, and it holds some nostalgia value.
I actually had that game for the PS2.Thought it was decent enough.I seem to remember it also being one of the first games that had a blindfire from cover mechanic.Whenever I mention it though the usual response is "Are you sure you don't mean Killzone?"

Solstice for the NES.It was an isometric 3D puzzle/platformer where you played a wizard who had to navigate a castle to find all the pieces of a staff.Never talked to anyone else who'd heard of it

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
ethaninja said:
Zoombinies. Or Heavy Gear. Or at least, nobody talks about them anymore.
I friggin loved Zoombinis! ^^

Games that only I know...I don't own it but the only way people I know actually hear about it was because of me. That's the Cardinal Arc series. Looks so awesome because I want TCG without buying YuGiOh cards again! >_<

asdfbojqewrv

Aug 26, 2009
Beldaros said:
A dog's life. Or is it just Dog's life? I haven't played it in a while. Man that game was stupid, but it was fun for a while, no body's every heard of it though. Have you.
Yeah I have actually. It's funny because I was just thinking about that game and how no one had ever heard of it >.<

OT: Terranigma, EarthBound, Donkey Kong Country 2, Doom, Diablo, Quake, Congo's Caper, EggMania Eggstreme Madness, Mega Man, Banjo Kazooie, Life (not the board game), and Metal Gear Solid to name a few. Heck, any game that isn't CoD or halo no one I know seems to know about.