Games Only You Seem To Know Exsist

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Syberia.

(How many more times do I need to worship this series before someone mentions they've heard of it??)

KDBTV

Feb 8, 2009
The Orange Box
I tell people all about it and they don't believe about 5 games on 1 disc!
I play on the PC
They play on Xbox and PS3
Its going pretty cheap where I live
And how Steam is way better than XBL and PSN!

lightningsax

Jan 18, 2009
Original Xbox: Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta

Dreamcast: Maken X, Skies of Arcadia, Rez (although editors sure do know about it)

PS2: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2

SNES: Axelay

PS1: Zero Divide, Krazy Ivan, Kileak, Fade to Black, and Loaded (okay, probably because they were early and weird)

I'm also surprised how many people do not know about Valkyria Chronicles on PS3.

Screw_it

Jan 21, 2010
Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure (PS1, Arcade)

The most f'd up 2D fighter ever.

Anyone play the Parodius games?

Beldaros

Jan 24, 2009
A dog's life. Or is it just Dog's life? I haven't played it in a while. Man that game was stupid, but it was fun for a while, no body's every heard of it though. Have you.

Also street racer on PS1 the cartoony one not the serious one, where you fight each other in your car and the knock out tournament game, also very silly and very fun and no ones heard of fit. Have you?

Beldaros

Jan 24, 2009
Hallowed Lady said:
Timesplitters, not many people know about that.
Man that game was awesome.... actually thinking about it I've only played the second one. I will look for the original now. That was a popular game here though, one of the favorite shooters.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Hurr hurr searchbar.
OT: Mario. Why am I the only one who knows about this game?

Beldaros

Jan 24, 2009
Infernai said:
Medievil (And no, im not talking about the strategy game)
I wasn't a fan of that game but I remember the lovable skeleton with his weird shaped sword and cardboard cut out appearance. My gf still plays that sometimes. Can't remember his name though...

Edit: Actually I'm finding that I know the majority of these games that are being mentioned. How old is the average escapist?

T3chn0s1s

Aug 17, 2008
Y'know, I kind of hate myself in the 'Man, I wish I had gotten out more' sort of way now. Thus far I believe two of you have posted games I've actually not heard of, and they were both games I simply didn't know the names to because I'd played them on a friends' *system of origin*

However, one this has to be said...

To those of you who mentioned sacrifice, if you still have your copies... I'd love to join you in a game. I noticed a strange influx of people into the multiplayer lobbies (which are normally just myself and some swell Norwegian folk) recently, and I was like, "Man, nostalgia is bringing sacrifice back! Happy times!" but no, it's steam. I can't tell you how many people I've had tell me recently that sacrifice should really do better, "Cause like, I mean, it's 2010, it's fun and all but it's unplayable"

WRATH! WRATH AND SCORN!

Raticate5

Dec 12, 2009
Tzar, The Burden of the Crown. Really old Empire Earth style game, except it was just medieval age.

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
Beldaros said:
Hallowed Lady said:
Timesplitters, not many people know about that.
Man that game was awesome.... actually thinking about it I've only played the second one. I will look for the original now. That was a popular game here though, one of the favorite shooters.
The first one was good, not the best but still funny and colourful.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Resident Evil Online 2. it's a 2d mmo shooter. it's fun it looks like gbasp and it's addictive. go to byond .com t play it.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
the albert wesker boss will kick you ass and the birkin boss is awesome. also you will die if you play it. the rounds are about who gets the most kills and the missile launcher doesn't kill everything in this game like in normal Resident evil

jubosu

Aug 9, 2009
Dune II Battle for Arakkis
pretty much C&C Tiberian sun before it came out
Made by Westwood studios actually

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
Dwarf Fortress.

It is the only game in which you can wrestle a bear.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
TheTrips said:
Even though I'm pretty sure I saw someone say it on here the other day I hardly know of anyone who's ever played Legend Of Legia (PS1) It was an rpg game where you linked attacks into combos and had magic and summons, it was kind of FF-esque. Well worth a play through if you can find it. And don't mind blocky graphics...

Also A game I can't find ANYWHERE monster Rancher Card Battle (PS1). Weeks I lost to the game as a kid.
I have LEgend of Legaia. It's an RPG that tried to also appeal to fighting game fans, with the ability to perform different attacks, and even special attacks, based on which button combinations you entered before attacking. Not a bad game at all. It's in my backlog...

Jammerz

Nov 2, 2009
Yesterday I mentioned a game called "Dust 203"(i think that's what it's called), sure they wanted to know but as soon as I mentioned EVE Online they zoned out, I don't blame them