Games That Absolutely Need a Sequel

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
omicron1 said:
So, basically, every critical darling commercial failure in existence.

Ok. I can play that game. How about a sequel to Okami?
Already exists

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I'm not buying another game from Lucasarts till they make a proper third sequel to Star Wars Battlefront. Either Battlefront 3 or nothing.

Also, Roller Coaster Tycoon 4.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
METALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUEMETALFATIGUE...

*ahem*

In a quickly stagnating genre (outside of the odd sucess such as Starcraft II), games like Metal Fatigue could use a Sequel or a Reboot.

Heck, the bottom linked was the ending. Technically it has *no ending*. A Sequel would at the very least tie up the loose end.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
Mnixos said:
I know I'll probably be alone on this one but I'd say:

The reboot of Prince of Persia from 2008 *snip*
I totally agree with you on this. The ending was just a perfect setup for another game, then they made the epilogue which I was hoping would wrap things up but NO. ANOTHER setup for a sequel!

Then The Forgotten Sands was announced but it was back to the old Prince from earlier games? What about this storyline Ubisoft? Ahriman needs defeating!!

I really miss space-combat sims, so I am really hopeful Chris Roberts manages to pull off Star Citizen. Hell, I'll be happy if the Squadron 42 single-player portion gets made successfully. The rest is just gravy to me. LucasArts has been out of the game in this for too long also. Where's X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter 2 or something? Heck, with all the stories from the Expanded Universe, there's a ton of potential for storylines.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I would like to see sequels to Beyond Good & Evil and XIII, mostly because both games ended on cliffhangers and had stories and characters I'd like to see expanded upon. I'd also like a sequel to the Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, as flawed as it may have been it was still one of the better survival horror games of the '00's. Half-Life 3 would be nice, but it's Valve's major property so there will be something, it's just a matter of patience.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
kman123 said:
Dishonored needs a bloody sequel because the most disappointing part of it was how damn amazing it could've been if it went open world.

I'm not kidding, it would be so perfect.

But hell, that game is amazing anyway.

I'd say Spec Ops: The Line doesn't need a sequel, but a few 'military' shooters definitely needs to take a leaf out of it's book. Damn....that story.
I concur on both points.

Hmm...

I think the Legacy of Kain series could do with another entry. Come on Eidos or whoever controls the rights to it... stop shoveling beach-ball tits Lara Croft and give us some fucking vampires that act like fucking vampires! With time travel! (no, seriously, that's what LoK is... real vampires... with time travel)

Also... Ubisoft need to stop being such pricks about it and get Beyond Good and Evil 2 out already. They already bloody know that there's enough interest. Stop making BGE's fanbase jump through these idiotic hoops you pricks!

I'd also like to see another game like Planescape: Torment.

Not a Planescape: Torment 2, because that could only be "he came back" or "fight in hell", either case being completely retarded... but another RPG that really takes story and player choices seriously. For a while, the Mass Effect series seemed to be living up to that promise... then Bioware fucked it up.

Hmm...

I'd like to see another Bard's Tale game. (like the 2000's remake) Only problem with that idea is that... without Tony Jay as the narrator... it just wouldn't be the same.

I'd like to see more Sam and Max games from Telltale. The three seasons they've put out were awesome!

Another single player RPG set in the World of Darkness... more like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines than Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption... for obvious reasons.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this but...

Alpha Protocol 2... the story was great... even if it was their buggiest game ever. I'd love to see this series get going again. I rather like the idea of an espionage RPG.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
0ctopusPrime said:
Kirby Air Ride 2.
I love Kirby Air Ride, it was amazing, but I never thought that much about a sequel before. That would be pretty awesome. If they did make a sequel, I hope they'd focus more on the City Trial mode; that was, hands down, my favorite part of the game.

As for my own choices, I think I'd have to give the games I usually pick when asked this question: Baten Kaitos Origins, Custom Robo, and F-Zero GX.

All three were amazing games with interesting worlds, the gameplay for each was unique and fun, and they each had interesting characters. They all really need a sequel.

I know Custom Robo had one on the DS and there were a few F-Zero game on the GBA... but I feel there really needs to be something more. I think a new Baten Kaitos would be really awesome on the 3DS, and the Wii U already has a reference to F-Zero as one of the Nintendo Land minigames, so it would be awesome if they continued the series on there.

There are others of course, but those would just be my top 3 right now.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
Battlefront III and Kotor III. MAKE ME LOVE YOU AGAIN STAR WARS.

Also, if a new F-Zero is made for the Wii-U, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I'd like a Medievil 3.

I haven't given up hope, considering that Daniel Fortesque is in that Playstation all stars thing. It definitely shows Sony hasn't forgotten about Medievil.

Sep 24, 2008
The World Ends With You was a fantastic game. With a challenging gameplay system that was so damn addictive when you got it down. And it had a great story too. Characters that I thought were stock but ended up being more endearing to me than anyone from Bioware. It was amazing. Absolutely amazing.

And you all sadden me by not mentioning God Hand. Out there humor, you get to pick your way to fight. And for those who never play, let me explain that better. You know the standard 'tap x four times to get your standard combo'? And it would be the same moves every time? Not here. Yes, you'd tap x, but YOU put the moves in. You would go to a menu screen and determine what move would go at what tap of the X. If you wanted a move to break the guard of someone for your first tap of the X, A sweep move for the second, and an Off the Ground Launcher for the third tap with a knock back for the fourth... you could do that. You just made that combo by selecting those attacks from your move list.

Maybe you just want a quick hitting combo. That's fine, because certain combinations of the Analog and the attack buttons would unleash different moves as well. So if you wanted that quick combo, but you wanted a stand alone button combo for a guard break so you wouldn't have to be confined to just mashing X to get to the start of the combo again.. you got it.

Also, the moves had a duration. So if you did just straight forward punches, your combo would be extra quick. If you put a spinning back fist with a charge uppercut, it would obviously take more time. If you were all over the map (High Kick to Jump kick to punch to double fist push back), the time to reset from that combo would probably make you vulnerable to attack.

It needs to be refined. It needs to be revisited... Let go of the damn IP so someone else can do it, Capcom...

Siyano_v1legacy

Jul 27, 2010
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic
A return to the base, Heroes of Might and Magic (heroes 3!)
Knight and Merchant

Shadowcreed

Jun 27, 2011
I'm really missing the whole Etherlords games. I still come back to Etherlords II from time to time as its quite unique.

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
Battlefront 3
Republic Commando 2
Jade Empire 2
Mirrors Edge 2
Megaman Soccer 2 (from Snes)
Mutant League Football/Hockey (unsure if it should be 2, or like 2013 like normal sports titles)
Killer Instinct
Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Edit** found out there is a 2012 version out, so its alive on PC)
Godhand 2
Rock and Roll Racing 2 (snes remake/update)
Spec Ops: The Line 2 (or the 2nd line, for a bit of humor)

That's all I can think of that I would personally green light if I had ridiculous amounts of money to spend and could get a series up and running again.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
It's been said a couple times on the first page, but I think it definitely needs to be repeated until it happens.
We need a sequel to Star Wars: Republic Commando and a Battlefront 3.
The thread is officially over until we get these games.

Uriain said:
Spec Ops: The Line 2 (or the 2nd line, for a bit of humor)
How would you recommend they go and make a second Spec Ops? I mean, the game was outstanding and it's currently my GOTY, but it really didn't set itself up for a sequel. I mean, to make a sequel they're going to have to make any of the three endings cannon, which would essentially piss off a large portion of the people who played it. And even then, what would the plot be?
I mean, the only thing I can think of would be if Walker kills off the squad of people rescuing him, and then decides to stay in Dubai and become the next Col. Konrad, which would spark another squad of Deltas to come in and rescue him... Even then that would just be a re-hashing of the first game and reduce it's overall quality. Spec Ops was great because it had a clear plot evolution and an outstanding conclusion. It didn't overstay its welcome and it stayed challenging enough and interesting enough that the player kept playing till he/she beat it. It was the perfect length, and to add a sequel to it in order to cash in more money would be a disgrace to the game itself. That being said, I would fully support Yager development to make more games with this amount of detail in them.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
krazykidd said:
Legend of dragoon .
Parasite eve needs a third game .
Dino crisis also needs a 4th game , even if it's a shooter i won't care .
Alpa protocol .
Alan wake .
Lost oddesey.
We also need a current gen/next fen growlansers game.
AND Final fantasy tactics . Not that bull shit easy mode GBA game.
Yay for Alpha Protocol!

I want Jade Empire 2, Gladius 2, X-Men Legends 3 (Ultimate Alliance downslid badly), um i'll think of more.