Games That Absolutely Need a Sequel

HeavenSmile

Apr 7, 2011
Normally, I would say Alan Wake, though I'm content with the thousand questions ending. He's forever trapped in the darkness due to sacrifice! Move on.

Alpha Protocol would be nice. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy the game, but who cares. I'd be fine with the Mass Effect idea, choices made in the first one effect the story of the second. Plus, Obsidian Entertainment could have another chance to tweak the gameplay. Not saying it was unplayable and completely flawed, but it needs some love.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
disgruntledgamer said:
I'd like to see Infamous 3. It's a Sequel of a Sequel but.....
Cole's either dead or inhuman now, and I doubt they'd continue the series without him. Maybe they should set the next one in Russia, where they developed a new core or something. Running up buildings in Not Moscow would be fun.

Half Life ep 3 needs to be made. But no, Valve doesn't have central leadership so they'll get to it when they feel like it. Say what you will about EA, when they say a game's coming out, they mean it.
Mirror's Edge 2 would be cool, I think we were told one would be coming.
Eternal Darkness 2, I'm waiting. I know the teaser you included in the game was an in-game prank, but we want it!

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
Evil Genius. With Coop and/or skirmish modes. Been waiting for that announcement for a few years now.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Lt._nefarious said:
Well obviously Alan Wake, Silent Hill (yeah, I know it gets lost of good sequels but I want more damn it), F.E.A.R (I mean a sequel that doesn't totally miss the point of the series), Republic Commando.

I could name more but I think I should end with my biggest sequel wish: Dead Space 3. If Lost Planet gets not only 1 but 2 new games, Dead Space should get one too...

Oh, f*ck you
I concur. Also, INB4 "But Silent Hill 2 has no good sequels!",I wanna defend your statement and write a little about Silent Hill. Having not played The Room, I can't speak for it. But for the ps3 entries, Homecoming and Downpour, I need to get something off my chest. Just because they play different doesn't mean they're bad. They play like they do because the protagonists know in-story how to fight. Must we forever only play survival horrors with incompetent pencil pushers? No, even on the street you're likely to pass ten or more individuals who at least somewhat know how to fight, before you even reach the first street corner. Some may even be veterans. One protagonist thought he was a vet, and the other was a convict, of course they can fight. What's so bad about the old Resident Evils is that SWAT members or even regular cops wouldn't suck as bad as STARS members do in-game. Then comes the appearance of Pyramid Head in Homecoming. Pyramid Head is, in one interpretation, an incarnation of the will of Valtiel, who both punishes and redeems in his maintenance of the Cycle. An argument comes up that Alex wouldn't have known about Valtiel or his cult, and wouldn't have dreamt up the executioner. Well, neither did James Sunderland, but he saw PH before he ever saw the Executioner painting. But Alex was raised by a cultmember, it can be assumed that if anyone had at least seen cult iconography before entering the town, it was him. Even so, PH was called both by Alex's desire to punish and his father's desire for punishment.
Any further would be too painful to read, wall-o-text and all, so I'll stop here. I honestly think that Silent Hill has held truer to its original vision than most survival horrors out there, even being, I dare say, the only long-running franchise to have any horror left in it. And to not go too far from thhe post I'm quoting, I can't wait for Dead Space 3. I just hope it keeps what horror elements there are left.

Paranoah

Oct 23, 2012
Duke nukem 3D

NO NOTHING HAPPEND, THERE IS NO GAME CALLED DUKE NUKEM FOREVER I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALA

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Mnixos said:
I know I'll probably be alone on this one but I'd say:

The reboot of Prince of Persia from 2008

I know what most people will say against this game:

-too different from the previous games:
then what? it's an IP, that doesn't mean that you have to do the same thing over and over. Plus ubisoft already went back and started making new PoP game that ressembled the previous games.

-too easy.
I'm the first to love a challenge here and there. But it doesn't mean that every game that I play needs to be unforgiving.
i liked the fact that you couldn't die, it means that the story was never broken. It wasn't "ok you die, start again at your latest checkpoint" which more or less breaks the immersion for me. It was more "ok you screw up but Elika was there to save you (as you need to be there to save her) and you can go on on your journey.

The atmosphere in this game was just too damn perfect, as well as the visuals. But what really sold it for me was the interactions between the Prince and Elika. You begin the game as that nobody, you only care about yourself. And even if during the game the "Prince" get to know Elika better and better, your only goal is still trying to get out of here and save your *ss.

then you arrive at the end of the game. (spoilers coming)

I couldn't believe what I was doing. I was like "Oh don't tell me that I have to do what I think I have to do". But then I did it. I sacrificed everything I have been doing in the entire game to save Elika. We both had what we wanted: she saved the world and I had saved myself.
But the Prince couldn't bear to lose her. For the first time in the game he became personnaly involved.

And that was the figging end!

Long story short, I want to know what happen next ^^
(and I know there's the epilogue and a game on DS, but those doesn't solve anything).
Ubisoft, you made a great game and a great story...don't give up on it already.

Wrooooooong!

You're not alone on this oooooh nooo!
I seriously don't get why Ubisoft doesn't continue on with it. Okay it was not as big a hit, as the Sands of Time, and it wasn't that well recieved by most fans of the SoT series, but it was indeed a good game. Plus the whole story screams sequel, it was certainly not created as a stand-alone game.
What happened to listening to feedback or simply improving future games? People had problems, which could have been easily removed for the sequel.
On the subject of being too easy: I would remove Elika saving you during combat, but keep it during most freerunning sections. Combat was really non-threatning and just got dragged out, but there was no fear from dying. We were just as invincible as the god we were trying to stop. The freerunning however flowed great with this mechanic. No dagger but no reloading either, although as a nitpick I didn't like that I had to push jump and the Prince did the whole wallrun by himself, you didn't needed to be careful not to slip down unlike in SoT where you needed directions and holding down the wallrun key.
But the game had beautiful locations, and some good ideas, and good characters, I also would love to see it continue.
Also Ubisoft should be ashamed, for releasing the Epilogue DLC only on consoles. So if the PC version didn't sell so well, no DLC for them, even those who bought it have to watch what happens in the "real" end on Youtube. Oh and even that ending was just another damn cliffhanger, just a slightly more acceptable one. Damn it Ubisoft.

TL,DR : Prince of Persia 08, Mirrors Edge, and of course LEGACY OF KAIN.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Joel Muller said:
Everyone hated the Army of Two games, but I loved them (and despise Gears of War). The third one needs to be liberated from development hell. Because we cant have too many games that supports couch co-op, even in the internet age.
Er, the third Army of Two game is in no way in "development hell." It's coming out next year, March 26th, as Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Two:_The_Devil%27s_Cartel]. The Army of Two Facebook page gets updated almost every other day with information about that game.

Believe me, I can't wait for it either.

Uriain said:
Killer Instinct
Er...that already exists: Killer Instinct 2 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct_2].

Shoggoth2588 said:
Banjo-Kazooie
...you mean Banjo Tooie [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Tooie]?

It exists.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
First off, Kickstarter. If we can raise enough money, we can make Alpha Protocol 2!

Oh wait, you all want Mirror's Edge (Backs out before anyone realises I only found the game average).

But you know what? Sniper elite V3, just to be different.

Cold War, Moscow, Spetznaz. Could be awesome.

Translation: Come On Rebellion, Sniper Elite V2's the only good game you've made in the last few years!

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
Well just to add another title to the ever growing pile, Battlefront 3.

Also a spiritual successor to Heavy Rain/Indigo Prophecy by David Cage wouldn't go amiss, for me at least.

Also I would like a spiritual successor of L.A Noire but unfortunately that studio closed down, just like Pandemic so there's two of my possible sequels out the window.

Oh and before I forgot, a sequel for one of the best Third Person Shooters on PS2, Conflict Desert Storm III.

That is all, now if I could find a way to make this happen...

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
Just Cause 3.

Seriously, why has no one made a sequel with even more destruction and grappling hook fun? With all the fancy engines, no one has considered something like this again?

Mercenaries 3.

Same as before, just gimme more destruction, vehicles, and more GTA-inspired madness.

The Bourne Conspiracy 2.

Why not? The first one was fun, and you've got 3 (Supremacy, Ultimatum, Legacy) movies to work with here, so why not?

Midnight Club.

I want open-world street racing with plenty of body kits, paint jobs, GRedddy mufflers, Sparco racing seats, and more.

Alpha Protocol 2.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Mirrors Edge
Nox
Arcanum

Andy Shandy said:
This point alone makes me side with the people who hate EA sometimes.
People who hate EA sometimes? Or people who hate EA all the time, and you only side with them sometimes? lol ambiguous language.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
There's a lot:
Bulletstorm: While the game got a little confused on whether it wanted to be a "rowdy 'WOO-HOO' drunkard space pirate badass game" or a "depressing tale of an ex military commander whose blind lust for revenge causes him to lose everything he cares about game". Still, it was freaking fun, and I will not be able to live much longer without more General Serrano. Seriously.

System Shock 2: I could expand upon this, but I've done it so many times that I don't even want to anymore. It's a shame that the rights are so messy.

Dante's Inferno: I have a distinct love/hate relationship with Dante's Inferno. While it's a crude adaptation of one of my favorite literary works, and the game has obviously borrowed a lot from God of War... but damn, it was fun. In fact, I found the ridiculously over the top translations from the Epic Poem onto the game to be extremely funny (especially the part where Dante rips of Charon's head for no reason at all). I'd be even more amused to see how they adapt Purgatorio, which was a lot tamer than Inferno.

Duke Nukem: DNF was a disaster, but I'm confident that Gearbox can bring Duke back to his former glory. The series and character have unlimited potential, potential that I'm hoping Gearbox with tap in to.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a good sign that amazing things will come for the Deus Ex series in the future.

Alone in the Dark: It tried a lot of ambitious things, and most of them failed, but regardless, it's another franchise with unlimited potential. Assuming we don't just get another RE knockoff like The New Nightmare. Edward Carnby has always held a special place in my heart.

mariosonicfan5

Jun 18, 2012
Duke Nukem Forever does need a sequel but of all games absolutely needing a sequel and or series continuation,

Freaking BATTLETOADS

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
Most of the games I have enjoyed playing already have sequals, or at least has some sort of number stuck onto it. I did see an article involving the old republic mmo a moment and it got me thinking. I haven't played the mmo as of yet but from what ive seen on youtube Reven is captured sometime between kotor and the mmo, it might be interesting to play through the events which led to his imprisonment.

darthmj94

Jan 19, 2010
I would like to see a sequel to "Wing commander: Privateer" that is better then "Privateer II: The Darkening" these games were a bit before my time, but I got hold of the first one after I heard how open ended it was, so maybe one day we will get "Wing Commander: Privateer III" the space flight simulator genre will be revived, and everything will be lovely forever, or maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part, But a man can dream, Right?