Games That Absolutely Need a Sequel

Riley Holt

Dec 1, 2011
Well, I was trying to read everyone's posts, but then figured I'd just say what I thought, repeat or no.

No More Heroes 2 (because why not?)
Just Cause 2 (as above)
The Darkness II (I liked the story and would like to play more. I may "borrow" my gf's PS3 so I can play the first game)
Star Wars: Republic Commando (as above. Maybe we could have a choice off the bat and defy old man Yoda to go save Sev)
Battlefront II (As the first two. I loved the space battles)
Star Fox (Star Fox 64 "3D" does NOT count. Maybe go back and retcon it by taking out Adventures? Or just stick with something happening after Assault (or Command, if they figure out what the "real" ending is there))
Dungeon Keeper 2 (for f*ck's sake, someone resurrect Bullfrog and make this happen. >.< )
Bulletstorm (Hey, I liked it. And there was -just- enough of a story to have me wanting more)
Red Faction: Guerrilla (I know it got a sequel but... Well, most folks would agree it wasn't really what the fanbase wanted. Heck, it doesn't even have to be Red Faction. Put those destruction physics in the next Saint's Row and I will be pleased.)

Probably more, but my memory is bad. Oh, and maybe another Godzilla beat-'em-up fighter game. I loved Melee for the GameCube, but was disappointed with Unleashed.

dekuton

Oct 18, 2008
Jade empire.
The new xcom should get a sequal.
Mirrors edge
Mechwarrior( i know online exists but its way too beefy for my system)
Phantom crash. Super speedy mech combat game on xbox. So awesome
Breath of fire
Megaman legends.
Space marine
Dawn of war series
Battlefront
Freelancer
Republic commando(call it imperial commando)
Gladius needs a sequal or a game using same system. Hell make it a 4th edition dnd game

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Combustion Kevin said:
Metal Arms: Glitch in the system, definitely could do with a sequel.
YES! YES YES YES YES YESYESYESYESYES!!!
i really love this game somethin' fierce. so much so i start using stereotypical american south terminology to describe it, despite my lifelong residence in chicago. i would pay good money to play a sequel to this game, and then some more for good measure.

Lalo Lomeli

Sep 9, 2011
A direct sequel of Chrono Trigger (Chrono Cross doesn't coun't even when is a prety great game if you don't connect the two games)

Oh, and a Chrono Cross sequel.

Edit: Also, NiER 2 (And it's impossible because Cavia was disbanded)

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Jak and Daxter needs another proper sequel, if you ask me.

Yes, I realize Naughty Dog has been consistently dishing out quality games ever since it left the IP (and is in the midst of releasing The Last of Us), but I adored that franchise on the PS2.
And the way it just fizzled out with those lackluster spin-off games is just... not a happy ending.

Plus Alan Wake, Dishonored, and HALF LIFE 2 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
Milanezi said:
kman123 said:
I'd say Spec Ops: The Line doesn't need a sequel, but a few 'military' shooters definitely needs to take a leaf out of it's book. Damn....that story.
I enjoy that people are actually praising this game. I bought it recently, haven't played it yet, I'm gonna do it as soon as I finish Sleeping Dogs (I'm nearing the end it seems... wonderful game by the way) :D
I just played that game last weekend. Soooo good. You're gonna love it and hate it at the same time.

OT: Mirror's Edge 2, the same thing everyone else wants. I just started playing that game again and realized how much potential is there. It could be another Portal 1 ---> Portal 2 type situation if they play their cards right.

Aug 31, 2012
Simalacrum said:
TimeSplitters 4.

Please, Crytek UK, I'm still begging you and always will do.
Capatin Ash, we hardly knew ye.

Apart from Timesplitters, I'd go for Galactic Empires 2, it's like Civ but with spaceships. Need MOAR galaxy crushing power.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
I would absolutely love a new Jak and Daxter. I'm playing through the HD collection now, and it's wonderful. Also, a new Dynasty Tactics would be great. Very underrated game.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
DMC4: Just ditch the moron NERO or make his devil arm more functional than a grapling hook.

Megaman X8: Hopefully not by Capcom. Preferably by Ubisoft.

Half Life 2 Episode 2: Fans have played their card and made a remake Valve. It is your turn.

Age of Mythology: no explanation needed.

Captain_Dreadmor

Nov 7, 2012
Riley Holt said:
Red Faction: Guerrilla (I know it got a sequel but... Well, most folks would agree it wasn't really what the fanbase wanted. Heck, it doesn't even have to be Red Faction. Put those destruction physics in the next Saint's Row and I will be pleased.)
well it could happen technically saints row and red faction are in the same continuity the developers said that the saints row ultor and red faction ultor are the same company.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood

This game was the first Sonic RPG with a decent story, engaging gameplay, and a cliff hanger in desperate need of a sequel.

Riley Holt

Dec 1, 2011
Captain_Dreadmor said:
Riley Holt said:
well it could happen technically saints row and red faction are in the same continuity the developers said that the saints row ultor and red faction ultor are the same company.
An odd couple of series to be in the same universe, but hey, why not? I also just remembered, you could get a jetpack in RF:G, so there had BETTER be one in SR4, Voltion! >.<

There would need to be -some- destruction restriction in Saint's Row, though. If things keep escalating, you'll be able to level the city within two hours of starting a new game. Still, would be fun.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
System Shock 2.
The ending had one heck of a cliff-hanger that needs resolving, pronto.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
endtherapture said:
Battlefront 3 /thread

Also another Dark Souls game wouldn't go amiss. And KoTOR3.
This oh Lord so much this.n I'm very close to playing 1 and 2 again. A sequel to Metro 2033 would also be greatly appreciated please and thank you.

NestorES

Apr 2, 2010
Yes to Mirror's Edge, also Space Marine and BF 2142

oh yeah and not to forget Homefront (lol)

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Zykon TheLich said:
Simalacrum said:
TimeSplitters 4.

Please, Crytek UK, I'm still begging you and always will do.
Capatin Ash, we hardly knew ye.

Apart from Timesplitters, I'd go for Galactic Empires 2, it's like Civ but with spaceships. Need MOAR galaxy crushing power.
What about Nuts and Bolts?

I'm throwing in another vote for Mirror's Edge 2

Vampire: Masquerade(though a more playable re release of the original would be good too)

Viewitful Joe 3 I'll never get enough Joe plus they still had one more disaster to fight.

Psychonuats or any game by Double Fine really.