Games that are better on easy

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
I felt the need to re-start several Silent Hills over on easy, chiefly Downpour and The Room.

The combat in both games is bollocks, and one of the last reasons you'd want to be playing either of them anyway.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Dragon Age: Origin...

gives you much more leeway to play how you want... so you're not just stuck in a classic class role just to get through...

That and the main draw of the game are the characters and role playing... so combat doesn't actually mean a whole lot compared to a fleshed out world and character building...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
hulksmashley said:
Pretty much anything where the plot is more fun than the combat. So Mass Effect 1, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II, and Kingdom Hearts.

I also did my first play through of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 on an easy setting. Because getting killed by a ravager when all you really want to do is cure the genophage is annoying.
Hehe I remember my last playthrough of ME2 was on Insanity...

I ended up just exploiting tons of glitches to beat the game... like if you take cover in certain spots you can take pot shots at enemies and they won't even notice you... or you can get them to endlessly run back and forth... or getting bosses stuck in the world geometry... made the game so easy...<.<

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Minecraft is the only thing I can think of.
I enjoy the challenge of games, and every game I have played on easy difficulty, just gets boring after a while. Halo on easy? Sure you can run around and beat the whole campaign by meleeing everything, but that gets boring after the third or fourth level. Mortal Kombat? Sure its fun to completely dominate the enemy, but when you play multiplayer next, you are absolute garbage because you have to get used to people fighting back again.

For me, I enjoy games the most when it is just a LITTLE bit easier than what I am used to. Like playing Halo on Heroic or SC2 on Hard. Then you still have to pay attention and know what you're doing, but you can't go completely crazy. You can't SCV rush or melee everything to death (although it is fun to try, lol). I think games are their funnest when you find the optimum difficulty where you have to REALLY try and be good at it, and then dial it back a notch. Then your hardcore tryhard mode is absolutely dominating everything around you.

Kind of like when you get thrown into a game lobby of scrubs and you've played about 10 days on multiplayer alone, lol.

neilsaccount

Jun 17, 2009
It doesn't seem as if anyone has mentioned "Red Faction: Guerrilla." That game was a huge pain for most gamers that I talked to who went above easy. Running up to enemies and slamming them and the the wall behind them with a hammer just becomes increasingly difficult otherwise.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
the abyss gazes also said:
If there is a game like Infamous that has different paths to take, on the first play through I'll play default or max difficulty, and then to get the other story quicker I bump it down to easy.
Every time I try to replay either inFamous game on easy, the game shunts me up to a higher difficulty level.

OT:...I've got nothing. Most games I play don't seem to have difficulty settings, and most of the ones that do get too easy on easy.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
I'm amazed no one's mentioned The Witcher 2 yet. Perhaps it's just 'cause I'm a dirty console scrub but that game can be ludicrously difficult, even when you're on easy. I lost count of how many times I've seen that damned "GAME OVER" screen. Mostly it comes down to the fact that on Normal, Geralt is about as sturdy as a wafer. Three or four good hits is generally all it takes to put him down, while your enemies (even the weaker ones) can take a pretty sound thrashing before they finally die.

I'm about half-way through, but I think I may re-start on easy 'cause I'm sick to death of... well, death.

Oh, and Infamous. I don't mind that Cole isn't an invincible god, 'cause I kinda like the idea of him just being a guy with powers rather than a superhero, but the problem is that your enemies are all eagle eyed sharpshooters who can spot and shoot you with perfect accuracy from three blocks away. Perhaps the raysphere also gave everyone 20/1 vision.