Games that defeated you.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'll just lump VVVVVV, IWBTG and Super Meat Boy's Dark world into one. Modern insane 2D platformers. I can still beat Battletoads NES, but those? Hell no.

Aside from that, there are a lot of games that require a whole lot of grinding that I just put down. Grinding isn't fun.

Jarek Mace

Jun 8, 2009
It didn't break me as such, but it did enrage me.
Tatooine in SWTOR.
Go do a quest, try to get back to town. But I can't, because every five feet I go I get attacked, throwing me off my speeder and onto the ground.

This happened so often it was enraging, so I ended up by just activating stealth and walking miles back to town because it was actually faster to do it that way.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Tenmar said:
Padwolf said:
The Last Remnant. Damn why must that game be so hard? I have to take on a frigging army and then take on a boss? Screw you game! Screw you! Halfway through disc 2 the game beat me. Then my save file got wiped.
I'm hoping you had the PC version and not the 360 version. Honestly the game starts off difficult but the more you play and understand that you can lock abilities on your unites the more consistent your team will be to providing support and doing damage.

Really sucks you lost your save file cause if you were halfway through disc 2 you were JUST at the end of the game. Only reason it took me a long time to beat the game was cause I kept doing all the side quest stuff. GOD DAMN there is A LOT in that game.
It was the 360 version, I don't have a good enough PC for PC games sadly. Yeah, there is so much to do in that game, I kept doing all the sidequest stuff too. I was at the end? god damnit! I will beat that game one day! I was devastated when I lost the file. I started a new game but I'm only on the end of disc 1.

MrStab

Mar 24, 2011
Buck Bumble on the N64 my dad still won't let my step mum and I live down that he beat it and neither of us could.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Tenmar said:
Ohh god I feel sorry for you then. I HATED the game when I had to review it on the 360. Loading times were terrible and I can see how you have a lot of trouble because you have to pick from A LOT of generic units. Gave it a terrible review for a podcast I used to do. Picked up the PC version demo on Steam and all the changes literally fixed every complaint I had about the game. Honestly if you don't think you have the PC try the PC demo on Steam.

The PC version had double time combat(with the computer doing the QTE for more damage), and you can hire all the hero units and have them make up your entire party. Which means no generic soldiers at all.

But yeah if you stick to the main story with a little bit of side quest stuff to make your overall team stronger like getting better weapons the game is actually pretty short on Disc 2. Cause once you start dealing with the Destroyer the chase is on and everything else becomes side quest with varying rewards.
Gods I wish my laptop could run it! It sounds so much better. It's a good game, it's a shame that they gave a crappy 360 version. I keep trying to get the demo but each time I click on it on Steam it takes me to the main page of the game and then there is no demo option.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Shinobi 1 (MAME) I can get to the 2nd to last stage on 1 credit but gave up when the game ramps up in difficulty with the zombie ninjas.

Mars Matrix (MAME) spent 2 months trying to beat it in 1 credit I almost had it but burnt out at the last hurdle.

Way of the Samuri 3 (360) the last battle (village faction) where I have to storm the castle, Its way too long with no saves and the final boss is nigh impossible unless you master how to parry (I couldn't) or have a top weapon and lots of health items. The weekend sunk into trying to get past it would have been better spent if I restarted from the start of the game.

The Last Reminant (PC), sunk well over 100 hrs into it but the sidequests and filler left me totally burnt out

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
revjor said:
katana-409 said:
The Lion King for Sega Genesis. Took me 12 years to beat it. ˘_˘
fuck. that. game. and fuck alladin on genesis too. bane of my existence
I think i got those two in a three pack along with The Jungle Book, must have been a gift because Disney never did much for me even as a kid. If i remember rightly werent they all platformers that ran on that top-of-the-range f*@k you engine? That special kind of gameplay which would demand a feat of near impossible skill (luck) only to drop you into a bottomless pit because the characters wouldnt jump properly unless you asked them real nice?

Not that im bitter.....

Im just off to eat some babies while i calm down.....

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
lRookiel said:
Trying to run your own kingdom on mount and blade can get difficult with 1000 troops knocking on your doorstep every few in game weeks....
Not if you CHEAT. Seriously, one would think that they would learn their lesson when you annihilate their armies first 20 times.

Mr Mystery Guest

Aug 1, 2012
Half Life 2. I just couldn't complete it. I felt guilty for years for my lack of skill and one day I went on Youtube to see how it ends. I haven't felt guilty since as the ending was a load of old shit.

Crayven

Plum tickler
Mar 28, 2011
Command and conquer 4. I just couldn't play that past the 4th mission....its so different to what i was looking for, i haven't even attempted to try the multiplayer. Damn you steam, i swore id never get it and then you sell it for less then a pack of bacon.

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
Mechassault 2 and Half-Life both kicked my ass with the final bosses. I suck at anything resembling platformers, so trying to jump around while a huge monster tries to kill me was just so damn frustrating I gave up. I'm sure I could have beaten both with enough persistence but it no longer seemed worth the effort... I just could not put up with one more second of it.