Games That Deserve Sequels

Arronax

Aug 7, 2009
I hope I´m not the only one who played Arcanum, that was a kickass game that may deserve a kickass sequel.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Arronax said:
I hope I´m not the only one who played Arcanum, that was a kickass game that may deserve a kickass sequel.
First of all, welcome to The Escapist!

Second, please try to avoid 'Necroing' old threads, this means to post on a thread where the last post was over one or two months old, if a thread is that old but you still want to talk about the subject you should make a new topic, just saying.

(There's also a new thread about this on the first page, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.129291 is the link to it)

Happy escaping :)

mannaroth

Aug 19, 2009
The Rusk said:
- Skull Monkeys
Yes sir you are correct this game is so amazing. There was also a PC game that came before called the neverhood and it was a puzzle game so mabey one like that too.

Fr331anc3r

Nov 6, 2008
Ian Dorsch said:
Syndicate.
YES!!! no.... they'd fuck it up, plain and simple, a squeal to any game that is truly worth a sequel to needs no sequel because they won't be able to reach the abilities that the original game had. Case in point Fallout.

Vuljatar said:
Freelancer
Why do I need a sequel?

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
I join the popular cry: Beyond Good & Evil. That ending not so much deserves as owes the public a continuation!

Pifflestick

Jun 10, 2008
The Dungeon Keeper games deserve another installment. There have been petitions on the internet for a long time now. Of course, there is the Dungeon Keeper Online that is being made by a Chinese company but they plan on keeping it in China.

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
Pigeon_Grenade said:
a Fallout MMRPG
Your prayers are being answered. Interplay is working on "V18", which is massively speculate, and pretty much assured a FO MMO.

For me, Vectorman needs a Next-gen sequel.

clzark

Aug 21, 2009
Lost Odyssey, That game is great. and with the main characters being immortal, why not?

iamthehorde

Mar 2, 2009
the world ends with you. it must be a different game but they could pull it off persona-style. the universe is pretty cool and i´d like to see more of that.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Toy Commander. I want to see a high-def reimagining of the war of Andy vs. Fuzzy Bear. It makes me sad that I am one of few that remember that game.

Also, Kung Fu Chaos. Sure, the humor was shallow, and the moves were too but damn it the game was a blast to play with friends.

And Zack and Wiki. Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiit.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Modern Warfare! Oh wait....

Definitely Assassin's Creed then. Wait, dammit.

Uncharted? No....

Bioshock! Ah, that's right....

Ooooh! Ooooh! Mass Effect! ....Crap.

Sure are a lot of "2"s lately.

VastShadowz41

Aug 5, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront 3, not those hand-held spin-offs, we need a 3 or 4th one on next-gen consoles. Now.

Perfect Dark. But it should in no way be like Perfect Dark Zero. Perfect Dark 2 needs to be done by Rare based on what the community would like to see from the N64 sequel.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
CrysisMcGee said:
I'd say Planescape:Torment. Best writing and storyline I've ever seen.
Man I remember the trailer for that game when I played Powerboat Racing. When I was 7. I feel strangely old.

I'd have to say that I can't find a game that didn't have a sequel that I'd have liked to see, they all ended up with one. Though Empire Earth II was excellent, EEIII was horrid.

Just came to my mind, Rise of Nations. Not a sequel like a fantasy rip off or the expansion, but a new game with more depth.

berault

Nov 5, 2009
I would love to see a Shadow of the Colossus sequel, or even just a refurbished version, God, I love that game