Games That Deserve Sequels

klarax

Mar 24, 2008
grim fandgo + 1

shadow of the collosus (spelliing) was ICO's sequel. although i know what you mean. A TRUE SEQUEL needed ;)

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
a Decent Black and White..... perhaps if they dident Smurf B&W2 up by removing all Multiplayer or even Matches against A.I, or... decent Ai for that matter....

Kroker

May 29, 2008
Crackdown - (For the sheer fun rather than the story) Apparently Real Time Worlds aren't planning on making a sequel and are working on something else.

Update - In retrospect it appears that they changed their minds. The 'something else' turned out to be APB, the upcoming MMO for PC, and Crackdown 2 is in production. Lovely.

evilsandwich

Feb 4, 2008
Well, we can officially stop mentioning Beyond Good & Evil in this thread. A sequel was just confirmed this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnATqOwSjCA

Coupling this with Starcraft 2 and rumors of a new Oddworld game in the works, life is good.

That being said, I want another Planescape game. It doesn't even have to continue The Nameless One's story. The campaign setting alone kicked so much ass, it could easily spawn dozens of sequels and still stay fresh.

FireBlade_2049

Mar 25, 2008
Five pages, and nobody's mentioned I-Ninja!?!!?!?!? For shame.

I can see it now, "I-Ninja: The Revenge of O-dor"

Rob Sharona

May 29, 2008
A sequel to Unirally (or Uniracers) would be sick. It would probably be like a cross between F-Zero and Tony Hawks.

Also I think a next gen Blast Corps would be fantastic.

Jrod

Nov 18, 2007
AoM 2 and a Gladuis 2 would be so awesome.
I would love a 3d Ultima Online or an Asherons Call 3.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Simple choice for me. Homeworld 2 needs a sequel. It just didn't do the first game justice.

Only other ones I could think of have been listed numerous times or are actually getting sequels. i.e. Beyond Good & Evil, Eternal Darkness (not quite confirmed, but likely)

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Oh yeah, another Rollcage game. With the PS3's capabilities, it would look awsome.

Come on Sony, make it happen!

Undeed

May 22, 2008
One that I haven't seen here, but would love to see a sequel to: Stubbs the Zombie.

I agree with most of what I've seen here, and am indifferent to the rest!

Archedgar

May 7, 2008
Skies of Arcadia
Brigandine
Perfect Dark(A REAL sequel)
Shinning Force
King's Field

etc.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
A decent WH40K shooter would be nice, fire warrior had me as a die-hard fan saying things like:

"a bolter round and that little tau dude is still standing?"

"You killed HOW MANY space marines?"

"what's your armor value, 500?"

Now, have a space marine squad shooter and id buy 5 copies just for awesome value.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
A decent WH40K shooter would be nice, fire warrior had me as a die-hard fan saying things like:

Now, have a space marine squad shooter and id buy 5 copies just for awesome value.
Yes!!! I would be so cool too if they had a space marine gears of war style campaign and an imperial guard COD campaign.

Mourndark

May 12, 2008
shatnershaman said:
Ultrajoe said:

Yes!!! I would be so cool too if they had a space marine gears of war style campaign and an imperial guard COD campaign.
I would love that! I want to know what the devs were smoking when they decided to use the tau as the central characters. People to not want mecha rip-offs. People want to play as 8 foot superhumans in giant powered armour wielding small cannons and chainswords.

Other 40k games that might work: an RPG (possibly inquisitor based) or maybe a game based around BFG like the old starfleet command.

ear8dmg

May 31, 2008
Hunter on the Amiga/ST (first 3d open-world game I played).

Elite / Frontier / First Encounters deserve a decent one.

Sensible World of Soccer

Deus Ex diserves a sequel worthy of the name. Hope they manage it with DX3.

Syndicate.

Seventween

Nov 30, 2007
I like good movies, and I like FPS's. Starship Troopers, to me, was a great movie with a great universe. Jurassic Park, while the latest movies failed epically, also has a great idea behind it.

I'm probably going to get impaled for this but... JP Trespasser, however horrible it was, needs a sequel. Not necessarily with the same main character, but the same basic gist of what the game was, an FPS set in the Jurassic Park universe. Starship Troopers has an FPS already, and it's really good in my opinion, but we need another!

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Arbre said:
Pong?

More seriously, I'd say Push Over.
I believe they did a few sequels and mods of Pong. That and BreakOut. I believe there's a Mortal Kombat version of Pong out there somewhere.

Call me [edits out cliche] [edits out suicidal] old fasioned, but I would really like to see a sequel to ChronoTrigger. No, a Real sequel. ChronoCross was a waste-of-time pain-in-the-ass spinoff remake of an old text adventure. This is provided they stick with the same game play at CT and not mess with anything like what is normally done.