Games That Deserve Sequels

Daeres

May 24, 2008
A Banjo-Kazooie game with a co-operative single player. For that matter, almost any game's sequel can't go far wrong with a co-operative single player mode.

Mourndark

May 12, 2008
A sucessor to Freelancer would be nice - they set it up at the end for a sequel that never came

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Mourndark said:
shatnershaman said:
Ultrajoe said:
A decent WH40K shooter would be nice, fire warrior had me as a die-hard fan saying things like:

"a bolter round and that little tau dude is still standing?"

"You killed HOW MANY space marines?"

"what's your armor value, 500?"

Now, have a space marine squad shooter and id buy 5 copies just for awesome value.
Yes!!! I would be so cool too if they had a space marine gears of war style campaign and an imperial guard COD campaign.
I would love that! I want to know what the devs were smoking when they decided to use the tau as the central characters. People to not want mecha rip-offs. People want to play as 8 foot superhumans in giant powered armour wielding small cannons and chainswords.

Other 40k games that might work: an RPG (possibly inquisitor based) or maybe a game based around BFG like the old starfleet command.
I would love a KOTOR Style inquisitor game

i just re-read what i wrote there and came all over my keyboard... really, try reading that and not blowing a load, you cant, think about that, you could include all the races, a million planets, a crew of motley individuals from a space marine to a combat servitor

You could fight ALL the enemies of the imperium... and you could have HK47 in there for awesome value

i'm taking a screenshot of that idea and making a hidden folder for it...

the_tralfalmadorian

Jan 11, 2008
there needs to be a KOTOR3 and some sort of sequel to Vampire: the Masquerade-bloodlines. that game was buggy as hell, but it might have been the greatest RPG i've ever played.

GoblinOnFire

Jul 28, 2008
Ian Dorsch said:
Syndicate.
Give that man a crown! He just pwned this thread!

A decent sequel to Dungeon Keeper (DK2, Come on! That's not even a game!) would be nice.
A total remake, like they did with Batman in Batman Begins... *glee*

SSJVEEN

Apr 6, 2008
Eternal Darkness. One of the beacons of excellence on the gamecube and if you played it through to see the final ending, the need for a sequel is obvious.

Annhialator

Aug 1, 2008
-Dungeon Keeper 2 I still listen to the soundtrack that I downloaded and play it again once in a blue moon :p

-Outcast That game was light years ahead of it's time and when they cancelled the sequel it made me cry and I still lament about it because the graphics they were releasing at the time for the ps2 was also ahead of it's time. Although I'll say it Deserved a sequel..if they do one now I think it might be ruined thanks to the current gaming formula or the lower patience/attention span we're having lately but this game was my holy grail of gaming if you overlook the minor flaws :p

-Syndicate oh Hell yeah! My first reaction when I played the first GTA was how inspired they must have taken from these guys

Good news is that Beyond good and Evil is gonna have a sequel yipppeeeee

-Psychonauts I'm still surprised how not so many people picked it up during it's release

hmmm there are so many good classic games that I'm sure I missed but I can't pay/replay them anymore I lost my patience with hardcore gaming during the past few years

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Stubbs The Zombie definitely needs a sequel, one with the RAGE engine. And lots of zombies, oh yes...

A new Vampire: The Masquerade game wouldn't hurt, either...

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Stubbs The Zombie definitely needs a sequel, one with the RAGE engine. And lots of zombies, oh yes...

A new Vampire: The Masquerade game wouldn't hurt, either...
Well if this new vampire game ends with soapy vampire tit wanks then it would be perfect!(Yahzee quote taken into context.)

afterburner85

Aug 1, 2008
I would very much like to see another installment to the Baldurs Gate Saga. I know it could be difficult considering the end of the last one (BG Throne of Bhaal) makes you a god... But it still is the bets game i've played by far! It would be spectacular to see the characters and settings in a higher res then 800*600 really!

FluffX

May 27, 2008
Don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but Digimon World. Not Digmon World 2/3/4, those sucked, just the original. It was fun, feed your thing train it, kill stuff, explore. Then Bandai shreded the whole feed and care for your thing. In 1, you partner was unique, you got to choose how they Digivolved, which moves they used, their stats. The other 3 are just too pokemony.