Games that genuinely make you angry.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 online.

I have never seen such inconsistent, awful frustrating lag in my life. The game is so fast-paced and so unforgiving of errors that having ANY amount of lag whatsoever turns it from an amazing game to the most frustrating bullshit experience of my gaming life.

People know there's lag too, and build their teams to abuse it as much as possible. Projectile assist and teleport spam, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hate you, I really really do.
Did you know: In the games practice mode theres a setting for lag simulation?

But yes, the lower ranks of the online is plauged with people who just exploit theese things.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Zhukov said:
Dead Rising 2 got me pretty frustrated.

It's a sandbox game where every single mission is on a timer.

Urgh.
I never understood why people can't seem to grasp the nature of the Dead Rising series. The world wasn't made to be a sandbox, it's an obstacle course. It's about getting so good and so familiar with the game that you can gather all the survivors, defeat all the psychopaths, and complete all the stories in one swift run. If you want to just run around freely than simply fail a story required for progression and you'll have plenty of time to do whatever you want, I do it all the time

verdant monkai said:
Dead Rising 2
I fucking hate Dead rising 2, when the zombies grab you (which they always do) you lose health even if you shake them off. You only have 4 bits of health so you will die all the time. You could upgrade your health but, it took ages and getting anywhere was a veritable chore. It was advertised as zombie killing mayhem and glory, I found myself just feeling pleased to survive if I could get from 1 check point to the next. Weapon degradation is annoying because when the weapon gets fucked up so do you. The controls were shit I could not control my guy properly, if you like the controls there is something wrong with you. The boss fights made me miserable, they are way tougher and more powerful than you, and when you get to them 2 zombies will have grabbed you and you will have two bits of health left, so they will kill you in around 1 minute.
(Don't reply to this saying you should have or should do this or that. Because I hated the game and preowned it the day after I bought it. Seriously fuck dead rising 2)
I don't mean to be a dick or anything but you just don't seem to know how to play the game properly. You can easily bunny hop through hoards of zombies and seeing as you only have 4 health bars you must be only facing 2-3 zombies at a time, which really shouldn't be a problem. Weapons break to balance the game so that you won't be running around with a permanent lightsaber at level 1 and increasing your mobility is the entire point of the game, see above. I never had a problem with the controls, but than again I can navigate "tank controls" just as easily as I can navigate with a keyboard and mouse. The fastest way to level is to bring your daughter back toys and gather survivors which is pretty damn easy, I think it took me 2 sessions to max out my level.

The two of you are entitled to your opinions, I just think you're either playing wrong or bought the game without really knowing what you're getting yourself into. It's a niche genre, so I understand.

OT: I HATED playing through Gears of War due to how repetitive it was and the only reason I beat it was because a friend dropped in co-op so that we could rush through it. But the one game I hated so much that I couldn't even complete it was Ecco The Dolphin, boring as hell but at least it was atmospheric for it's time.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Grunt_Man11 said:
Nicolle said:
Jak 2... the one game I almost broke my tv over. Great story but the missions are extremly hard for the 2nd half of the game.
Ugh... that game ticked me off so much I actually did stop playing it.

I'm all for a challenge, but Jak 2 just takes it way too far. I can only see the words, "Mission Failed! Try again," so many times before I consider it just not worth it anymore.
Never bothered with Jak 3 or any other Jak and Daxter game.
Against all odds, i completed Jak 2 with no deaths.

But the real reason why im posting here is because the first Jak & Daxter was actually criticised for being too easy, and the third game sort of struck the balance, by introducing much better weapons then the 4 you got in 2 and rebalancing eco powers so they became more useful.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
gigastar said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:

I have never seen such inconsistent, awful frustrating lag in my life. The game is so fast-paced and so unforgiving of errors that having ANY amount of lag whatsoever turns it from an amazing game to the most frustrating bullshit experience of my gaming life.

People know there's lag too, and build their teams to abuse it as much as possible. Projectile assist and teleport spam, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hate you, I really really do.

But yes, the lower ranks of the online is plauged with people who just exploit theese things.
Yes, I knew that. I usually play training on 4-bar simulation instead of perfect 5. That's no replacement for unpredictable random lag spikes like you get online though. I'm blocking drones perfectly for example, I even block the teleport correctly... but oops! Lag spike! I lose.

*throws controller in disgust*

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
gigastar said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:

Yes, I knew that. I usually play training on 4-bar simulation instead of perfect 5. That's no replacement for unpredictable random lag spikes like you get online though. I'm blocking drones perfectly for example, I even block the teleport correctly... but oops! Lag spike! I lose.

*throws controller in disgust*
Then that sounds more like your internet screwing you over then. No worries, im sure we both agree that UMvC3 is an excellent game to play with people offline so long as they know what theyre doing.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Metroid Other M. Misogynism to the ninth degree and ruined all subsequent Nintendo games here after.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Any multiplayer game.

I hate it when people are better than me at stuff.
But shouldn't you be used to that by now I joke i joke
but all jokes aside dark souls that game makes me

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Catherine.

Just watching the game for 10 minutes makes you want to burn down an orphanage.

I think the game needs an award for the most unlikeable characters ever.

Also, Street Fighter 4's boss Seth. Even on VERY EASY he drops you in less than 10 seconds. Its the most absurdly broken difficulty setting I've ever seen in a video game ever.

funcooker11811

Apr 27, 2012
100 rogues. Forgetting the ridiculous cash grab of them charging 1.00 per new playable class so that you can have a little more variety other than the current grand total of 2, the controls are iffy, there are a ridiculous amount of bugs they haven't fixed in favor of making more buy-able characters, ranged fighting is boiled down to hoping you pressed the right sliver of pixels, and its just plain frustrating. Although that last one is inherent with rogue-likes, so i'll give that one point a pass.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Only two games ever made me actually angry:

Freelancer- I wanted Starlancer 2. Instead I got an overrated "sequel" that takes a gigantic dump on its brilliant predecessor. This game was probably the biggest, most crushing letdown of my gaming career.

Bayonetta- I was promised awesomeness. Instead, I got a game with interesting gameplay, and hideous everything else.

And what's behind all the hate for Asura's Wrath? I ask sincerely, since I don't know much about the game.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Alpha Protocol.
I don't even have a genuine explananation for why it makes me so angry. It just does.

Very, very angry.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
There haven't really been any games as a whole that make me angry (typically because if it does happen, I stop playing it and forget it ever existed), but there's certainly things in games that make me angry. The most recent example I can think of would be from Dragon Age: Origins.

I was doing a side-quest in Denerim's Elven Alienage to help out a blind templar, and we went into a haunted orphanage. Well, my first time through there he dies after the first pack of dogs run up and I fail the quest. So I reload the autosave, protect him this time, get to the first advancement of the quest, move a few rooms further and he dies again because he didn't regenerate any health after the last combat encounter, so I fail the quest. I reload the quicksave, let him regenerate this time, get to the cut-scene and kill the penultimate boss of the quest, then it brings up another cut-scene and what happens? The templar gets killed anyway.

That pisses me off.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Team Fortress 2.

WHOSE IDEA WAS IT FOR RANDOM CRITICAL HITS?
I actually really like that mechanic. it emphasizes aggressive play, because the more you are fighting, the more chance you get of crits showing up.