Games that genuinely make you angry.

Namehere

Forum Title
May 6, 2012
COH. I always loose my cool playing COH. It's usually something little, like pio-spam that I can't take.

Although the ultimate piss me off game just about has to be Star Trek Online, not just because its terrible, not just because the idea behind Star Trek is people being better then people are ? something you won't find in an MMO, EVER. But it gets better. They've created a crafting system that is utterly useless, and anything you might find through out the game is basically a throw away. And being so combat oriented as the game is, its impossible to have a nice time flying around in some of the more classic trek ships. Then there's corporate ridiculousness and sales of infinitely useless items.

I probably played quite a bit of the game and I tell you I still haven't the foggiest idea of its story line outside of a war between the Klingons and the Federation while both are at war with the Borg.

TRIBLE GAME, TRIBLE DESIGN. Oh and painfully obviously in the tradition of Ber Trek.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Zhukov said:
Dead Rising 2 got me pretty frustrated.

It's a sandbox game where every single mission is on a timer.

Urgh.
Can I raise that reply to every time I come across a timed mission. In fact, that has been my biggest gripe about Dead Rising. Why can't I control the clock?

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Good games with bad controls. A shitty game I can just set aside and ignore, but good games make me want to play them...and then I have to make this particular maneuver, or do this particular thing and I can't do it because the controls here are just a -bit- unresponsive and it drives me so fucking rage that I could eat my keyboard.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - the gameplay was just so unnecessarily frustrating and broken. The camera in that game just made me want to Falcon punch my TV.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
ME2 when I'm trying to access all the DLC that I paid for ON THE XBOX VERSION IT SAYS I NEED TO BE ONLINE TO ACCESS IT!!!...... ahem
but there are others such as mortal kombats challenge tower I remember that pissing me off.

Duke Nukem forever just made me mad at the fact that a classic 90's FPS became more linear and straight foward than any COD to date.

Kane and Lynch 2 because I'm one of the few that actually kinda liked the first one, not all of it, god no it had some pretty bad problems but the bank robbery,donut shootout and tower missions were pretty cool and the sequel is just a mirky ugly turd, that somehow went from IMO an average game with standout moments to a shit game with the only standout moment being the fact that they would insult us with an ending that literally is like someone just turning off your TV.

Oh and my manditory complaint dragon age 2 it's being over a month now so I just have to mention it again.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Metroid: Other M.

For the simple fact that it makes one of gamings strongest female protagonists seem like a helpless and needy fool.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
DeathSwitch109 said:
Snipers - Any FPS game. Shooting someone in the leg shouldn't mean instant death...
Shoot someone in the femoral artery and not only are they immediately out of the fight, they will also die pretty damn quick.

Shoot someone anywhere else on the leg with a large enough caliber, and you get the same result.

Snipers also piss me off, mind you.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
Gears of War. If I have heard those characters just one more time i would have putted my fist through TV.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
YuYu Hakusho: Dark Tournament. A horrid, putrid little title with crap controls, crap hit detection, clips from the show as a vague attempt to add value- or distract from the crap graphics -and their idea of 'variety' is having one fight be winnable only by winning at rock paper scissors multiple times in a row without a single loss. I love anime and fighting games, but that title made me want to take up knitting as a hobby instead.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Das Boot said:
gigastar said:
Well, when you get hit by thier arrows they cause a rediculous ammount of knockback even on block. Given that youre walking across narrow walkways where getting touched means instant death by fall damage, its one part people really dont like having to go through more times than is nessesary.
I got an easy solution to that. Equip shield, walk up to knight, laugh as he falls off the ledge.
Odd, one time when i tried that he kept shooting arrows until i was close enough to poke him with my spear, in which case he was still shooting at me.

I know that they change weapons, its just that sometimes they seem to not feel like it.

Speaking of which the times when they changed weapon and ended with me having to poke them to death vastly outnumber the times that they made a fatal backhop.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Das Boot said:
gigastar said:
Das Boot said:
gigastar said:
Well, when you get hit by thier arrows they cause a rediculous ammount of knockback even on block. Given that youre walking across narrow walkways where getting touched means instant death by fall damage, its one part people really dont like having to go through more times than is nessesary.
I got an easy solution to that. Equip shield, walk up to knight, laugh as he falls off the ledge.
Odd, one time when i tried that he kept shooting arrows until i was close enough to poke him with my spear, in which case he was still shooting at me.

I know that they change weapons, its just that sometimes they seem to not feel like it.

Speaking of which the times when they changed weapon and ended with me having to poke them to death vastly outnumber the times that they made a fatal backhop.
You need a big enough shield so it will knock his attacks back. Plus it also helps if you give him a little nudge with it as well.
Im aware of that, ever since greatshields got buffed i use the Eagle Shield, which also happens to be the first greatshield available in the game, the lightest greatshield in the game and the lowest strength requirement of any greatshield so far all at once.

Anyway its pretty effective, but it still doesnt ward off all of the knockback, so i make do on the approach by rolling under the arrows, then when i rach the ledge the sniper on the left is blocked from view by a buttress and its pretty much a straight path to the one on the right.

All in all though, that section could have been worse. And Smough + Ornsiten and Dark Sun Gwyndolin are definitely worse than they are.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Fallout 2 seems perfect for this thread, not because of the game quality, but the constant probabilities can make it pretty rage-inducing when an enemy scores two critical hits on you or when you miss an important attack when your character has a 95% chance of hitting. Now how rarely it happens, it always feels like it shouldn't have happened when it does.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Fuck any person that does that cheap "Run at someone firing an Uzi and then hit them once for an instant kill" move.

Also fuck anybody that:

-Starts jumping and rolling around when you shoot at them making it mind-numbingly hard to hit them
-Jump-shoots with the shotgun or rocket launcher
-Uses any of the skeleton skins

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Morrowind

Journal

Holy sh*t how i loathe it, it is damn near impossible to use at times and other times it keeps finished quests in the active quest list

And i can never find my way to the dude with the X
Sometimes it just does not have the info and other times it is so vague that it is useless

So i run around in circles like i am lost IRL on a foreign island
Which is kind of amusing