Games That NEED Sequels

Alavar91

The guy who rarely posts.
Aug 5, 2009
Epitome said:
There needs to be a system shock 3!! Shodan one of the best bosses ever and that whole escape pod ending... it could be pure class if done correctly, not spiritual sequals...... pah
I agree wholeheartedly with his :) Also Folklore deserves a sequel!

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
UncleUlty said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again :Jade empire.
Dear god yes! I loved this game so much, why the hell haven't they made one?
Cause people are to busy with Mass Effect 2 , nothing against Mass Effect but i love Jade Empire more.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Half Life 2: Episode 3

Warcraft 4: WoW never existed! (I can always dream, m'kay?)

Rome Total War 2

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
They havnt made a sequel to Final Fantasy 7 yet, thats an awesome game.............. just kidding!

Seriously they did sell Black a bit short though, I do believe they are making another game though I heard somewhere, not sure where

Oh got another one, how bout a Guitar Hero sequel

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
They really need to do a proper sequel to Super Mario RPG. Paper Mario was not a good follow-up to something that epic.

meece

Apr 15, 2008
Dungeon Keeper 2 deserves a sequel..... I mean it freaking CAME with a trailer for a DK3 which never appeared DAMMIT.

Course the franchise will have to be bought from EA before it can be made because otherwise it'll fail horribly.....but still.

V379

Jul 23, 2009
Someone needs to make another game in the Tribes series, and not like Vengance or AA, like Starseige and T2, but now garage games has taken the franchise and screwed it even more with FE:L

nerd51075

Jul 18, 2009
I personally believe that sequels ruin good games. There is almost no way to properly do a sequel. If you change it up, people wonder where all the good stuff you "revised" went, and if you don't, people wonder why you released the same game twice. When a sequel is actually good, the developers often take it too far and turn it into a franchise. If you roll the dice too many times, you eventually will lose. Case in Point: Star Wars. This example is overused, but Lucasfilm really did take a good thing and ram it into the ground.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Awexsome said:
I loved Legend of the Dragoon's story plus it had one of my favorite battle systems. So simple yet so effective. That first comes to my mind.

Although as Bologna said Republic Commando would be awesome too.
man there are a lot of people who think repubic commando was the shit. maybe we should petition lucus? he's such a franchise milking ***** he'd jump at the chance to make money... not that he can't already buy the moon... wait thats not a moon! uhhcknegrrreck... (girlfriend force choking me).

Merteg

May 9, 2009
Republic Commando, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Army Men, Heroes of Might and Magic, Naruto: Broken Bond, I could list games I think deserve a sequel all day. Though, most of the games I listed WILL get a sequel.

ojm62

Aug 5, 2009
A game I would love to have a sequel made for would be star trek elite force series...the first one was awesome, and the second was a bit of fun.

Sccye

Sep 17, 2008
meece said:
Dungeon Keeper 2 deserves a sequel..... I mean it freaking CAME with a trailer for a DK3 which never appeared DAMMIT.

Course the franchise will have to be bought from EA before it can be made because otherwise it'll fail horribly.....but still.
This.

And Shining Force III. And none of the perverse spin-off crap that gave insurmountable butthurt to the franchise. (Namely, anything by the team that came after the death of the Saturn, with the exception of Golden Sun. Which was properly sexy. Speaking of which, sequel to Golden sun. Nao plz.)

Planescape: Torment needs continuing. By the same team. That would be the awesomest thing evar.

Baldur's Gate III would be wonderful, but I suspect it'd be hard to make the plot continue without some very good ideas.

Arcanum.