Games That NEED Sequels

RomanLegacy

May 6, 2009
Crimson skies 2. The game set up such an interesting world, and it was pretty much abandoned after one good game.

dogmeat-the-stray

Jul 16, 2009
I've really wanted to see a Bully 2, not so much because I feel the storyline needs anything tacked on (it stands fine on its own and in fact probably shouldn't continue past Bully's conclusion) but because the subject matter and setting are so unusual. I've never seen a game remotely like it in that sense, and it makes me want more.

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
For all those saying Fallout 2, there's Fallout: New Vegas in the works, developed by Obsidian studios, which is made up of former Interplay devs.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Axl4002 said:
Tyrian 2000 :( Or at least a remake.
Damn, I thought I was gonna be the only one to post that. Tyrian has got to be the single funnest arcade-esque games ever especially with the whole ship upgrading system they had and all that. pitty it doesn't run on newer operating systems though... :( otherwise I wouldn't need a remake/sequel to be happy.

Oh yeah and I suggest that there be made a Homeworld 3 since the Homeworld, Homeworld: Cataclysm, and Homeworld 2 rocked so much...

Axl4002

Jul 16, 2009
DoomyMcDoom said:
Axl4002 said:
Tyrian 2000 :( Or at least a remake.
Damn, I thought I was gonna be the only one to post that. Tyrian has got to be the single funnest arcade-esque games ever especially with the whole ship upgrading system they had and all that. pitty it doesn't run on newer operating systems though... :( otherwise I wouldn't need a remake/sequel to be happy.

Oh yeah and I suggest that there be made a Homeworld 3 since the Homeworld, Homeworld: Cataclysm, and Homeworld 2 rocked so much...
You could always run it with DosBOX, which is a free emulator (Using emulators isn't illegal) and Tyrian 2000 is now free, so there's no problem :)

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Versago said:
Infamous does.
Hell yes! The Beast will be epic. It's just an issue what they make canon. Did Cole really decide to be evil, or good? Or do we choose at the start? It's a big question, and how they answer it could possibly determine how good Infamous 2 becomes.

DNA

Jun 8, 2009
Not sure if its been mentioned yet... but

Sin: Episodes-Emergence.

HUGE CLIFFHANGER!!! And ritual sold out to a mom and pop company who makes games like bejeweled and diner dash... and of course they sit on the rights to this masterpiece of a game.

Oh yeah... and Shenmue 2 needs someone to pick it up and continue the story... I wanna know what happpennnnnns!!! /moan

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Ghostbusters:The Video Game. Make sequels for the game, not the movies! Let the Rookie have a speaking role! Give him a small one at least! You *can* be funny w/ 5 Ghostbusters you know.

Oh yeah, another Perfect Dark would be great.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Pandalisk said:
I would prefer my games to have no sequels, so they have, originality or some shit, but we all no thats fucking retarded and we all love sequels to our games, whoever doesnt love a good decent sequel to a game because they feel it ruined the series for them they like can go jump of a cliff.

Now then, i would say republic Commando, i remember playing it long ago, it was a good game, and i admit crying when i found out the red clone died,was his name rex or something? ah well, what happened to you rex? i love you!.

George lucas brings in games that nobody likes and yet when he has a franchise everybody loves who decides to give it the cold shoulder?
It's become increasingly clear that LucasArts has no idea what they're doing. I've never played Republic Commando, but I've heard good things. No sequel for it, though.

Battlefront, their best selling franchise? Meh. Who cares? Just throw out some crappy PSP games. That'll satisfy them. KOTOR, the game that got a truck load of game of the year awards? Shove the sequel out the door as fast as possible. Then, when people are a little iffy about it, assume it's not your shitty publishing style, axe then franchise, and turn it into an MMO. Yay for retardation!

Whew. That's been on my chest for a while.

DaMan1500

Jul 10, 2009
Whistler777 said:
Definitely Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's the second best video game ever created, and Rare's special breed of wit, charm, and good game design would surely make a sequel well worth my $60.
I think so too, but curiosity, what's the 1st?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Breakdown and Jet Set Radio Future, the two only games I would be overjoyed to see a sequel for.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I'd say Shenmue, but I'm sure so many people around the world have been bugging SEGA to death for that one for so long, so I'll just say The Legend of Dragoon.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Brute Force, Mystical Ninja (thats released in states), Ogre Battle (same), Chromehounds, Mercenaries.

Whistler777

Nov 14, 2008
DaMan1500 said:
Whistler777 said:
Definitely Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's the second best video game ever created, and Rare's special breed of wit, charm, and good game design would surely make a sequel well worth my $60.
I think so too, but curiosity, what's the 1st?
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. And I'm not even a Nintendo fanboy...