Games That NEED Sequels

Hellenion

Jul 23, 2009
I know it doesn't really count since it's a series anyway but Rome II:Total War, with the engine from Empire. The Naval scenes would be brilliant, although they'd have to smooth out some of the issues with the CTDs and the loading.

Don't know what I'm talking about? You have not lived.

:) Hellenion.

(Seriously, TW fans unite.)

matt_newgrove

Aug 1, 2009
Warcraft 3 ,definately, (stop this mumorpugher faggotry already blizzard!)
and a proper secuel to GG:XX^core not a whole new franshise like Blazblue.

Also a sequel/remake of commander keen. :D

PS2MAN

May 17, 2009
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 needs one, just like Megaman 8 did (and got 1 in the end). The Sonic games were awesome when they were 2D.

Oddworld needs to return. I know the company no longer makes games (for some strange reason) but they need to return. The first 2 games were amazing.

And ofc, Zone of the Enders 2 needs one as its twice the series that Metal Gear Solid will ever be (because it is not a CGI cow that has been milked to death).

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
Chrono trigger/cross. It's my answer to most game related threads it seems.... Also, Capcom VS snk 3, FUCK MARVEL VS CAPCOM (hilariously, in a bit of hypocrisy, i still have it)

DragonNOR

May 4, 2009
PS2MAN said:
And ofc, Zone of the Enders 2 needs one as its twice the series that Metal Gear Solid will ever be (because it is not a CGI cow that has been milked to death).
Agree, Zone of the Enders 2 was one of my favorites on the PS2, it deserves another game in the line.
I'd also like to see another game in the Ace Combat series, Squadron leader was great. I just hope it arrives for the PS3 if it ever does and not the Wii -_-
And even though Penumbra was concluded in a way, I'd like to see more of that universe. One of the few games I've played recently that was actually exciting and scary in combination with a very good storyline.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Freedom Fighters. For fuck's sake, stop with the Kane and Lynch and release Freedom Fighters 2!

And Zone of the Enders. So much disregard for franchises and games that are amazing. For shame Kojima, for shame.

BlindTom said:
I see what you did there.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners.
Where the hell was Cthulhu in the first?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
American McGee's Alice (is already getting one).
Serious Sam 2 (is already getting one).
Dungeon Siege 2 (& make it more like Dungeon Siege 1 this time).
Baldur's Gate 2.
Neverwinter Nights 2 (& make the premium mods less like "Heroes of Might & Magic").
Portal. (Wouldn't be against a remake either).

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
rossatdi said:
Power Stone 1 & 2 need a sequel on XBLA / PSN. Think of the carnage! Similarly Choo Choo Rocket. Can't believe no one has capitalised on these with the advent of easy online gaming.

Obscure one but Guardian Heroes, another ripe XBLA / PSN contender.
I came in here saying they shouldn't make any sequels to anything and that we need some original series for a change... But then I read this post.
I completely agree on a new Power Stone, ChuChu Rocket and Guardian Heroes on XBLA/PSN

Cadd

... in a White Wine Sauce
Jul 14, 2009
Unfortunatly the first item on my list is not original to the list, nor the second:
Republic Commando
Psychonauts
XIII - to actually have the story finish... alas, it probably won't happen, but I would still love to see it.
Stormrise - despite the fact it is pretty recent, it's not really as good as it could be.

Reneux

Jul 13, 2009
Ha! scrolled all the way to the bottom to type Dreamfall: The longest Journey, just to see it there!

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
Mass Effect but I hear that they are actually making a sequel.

Then I guess they should make a sequel for Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc but make it better, as in more like Rayman 2.