Games that you hate but everyone else loves

Rock-nerd

Apr 6, 2012
League Of Legends. God i hate that game. mostly for the community. The people i have played with on this are so negative and total assholes to anyone who isn't amazing. The worst thing about it is if you want to leave the game and not have to be with these people, you get punished for it. Ugh.

So, what about you?

Garrett

Jul 12, 2012
Half-Life series
Diablo series
Heroes of Might and Magic series
Splinter Cell series
Dead Space series
Portal
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Neverwinter Nights
MMORPGs

No, I'm not trolling.
*flame shield activated*

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
You think everyone loves LoL? I'd say a decent amount of people on this site hate it for the exact same reason you do.

Personally I find the shit community hilarious. Hey looks like 2 junglers on your team beats zero junglers on theirs... Who'd have thought it?

The times where people are actually nice stand out and become a shining beacon of hope for a once shattered community... AKA Bitches can't help but love my Support Sona. XD

OT: Skyrim, I know some people don't hold much love for it either but I hate the way it pretends to be an RPG when all the story and sidequest elements railroad you down the same exact path regardless.

I know for a fact playing New Vegas first ruined Skyrim for me in advance. NV was kicking the back of my seat the whole way

"Hey I did this better!"
"Hey i'd have made this sidequest a thousand times more interesting"
"Hey i'd have made the DB quests not suck donkey balls."

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Half Life 2

Seriously, there is nothing that special that people treat it as the 2nd coming of jesus

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
The Halo games.

Everything...looks...the...same! I hear about how Humans and Spartans are supposed to be different, but everything in that game looks the same! It makes no sense! It's now a brown FPS, it's a faceless FPS. There are no people in that universe, only power suits.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Eddie the head said:
Another one? Can we just be done with this thread and it's mindless clones?
Hey at least it's not another rape/random sexism thread. I didn't even open those threads and I still found them annoying as fuck. XP

Of course old thread topics are going to pop back up, it's unreasonable to expect otherwise. Unless you want a 100+ page behemoth of a thread that nobody can be arsed to read?

Though maybe this one was a bit too recent? I don't know...

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
The Wykydtron said:
Eddie the head said:
Another one? Can we just be done with this thread and it's mindless clones?
Hey at least it's not another rape/random sexism thread. I didn't even open those threads and I still found them annoying as fuck. XP

Of course old thread topics are going to pop back up, it's unreasonable to expect otherwise. Unless you want a 100+ page behemoth of a thread that nobody can be arsed to read?

Though maybe this one was a bit too recent? I don't know...
It's a bit to overused I swear I see one of theses every two weeks. And anyway at least the sexism threads serve a carry on a conversation. This is all just mindless hipster ego jerking off.

WolfCross

Jun 12, 2012
Eddie the head said:
at least the sexism threads serve a carry on a conversation. This is all just mindless hipster ego jerking off.

The Half Life series for me, i could mention a few more but i appear to have jizzed all over my hands, excuse me.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Online multiplayer arena shooters. They're fun with friends, but with a bunch of strangers they're just shit. They lose all of their appeal.

Skyrim. Oh, so much Skyrim.

The first Fallout seems to have a rather large number of fans, but I just found it to be boring as fuck.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout New Vegas.

So, I don't like the combat system of the original two, and I dislike the whole.. twangy country western feel of the New Vegas. I like Fallout 3 though, its got a terrible story but when has a Bethesda game ever been about the story?

Final Fantasy

7, 8, 9, and 10. I played 6 for a bit and liked it though. The 3D final fantasy games just are NOT my cup of tea. Cool if you like them but the characters are all obnoxious to me, and look silly. Wanna know something else? I liked X-2 a little bit. It seemed to go about itself with an inherent sense of camp and felt like a corny action movie, right down to the introduction. The story was stupid, and the gameplay annoyed me still, but when it embraced its own stupidity it was a little enjoyable. That said? A thousand words is still the best scene from any Final Fantasy game.

Dead Space, and Dead Space 2

Short answer here, it is a very confused game that doesn't know what it wants to be.

Magicka

Its insanely difficult for all the wrong reasons. Like being knocked off a cliff because you were charged in the middle of charging a spell. Oh.. And if you die by falling off a cliff? You lose your weapons forever, have fun.

Torchlight

Maybe my tastes have changed, but I used to LOVE Diablo and Diablo 2, but Torchlight, and then Diablo 3. I didn't like either of them and I can't place why.

Oblivion, and Skyrim

The most boring, corporate fantasy setting i've ever seen. Get a stereotypical stuffy buisnessman to write a fantasy setting and i'd imagine you'd get something similar to this. The entire world and lore feels so plastic and two dimensional, sure its massive but it feels.. stiff.

Gears of War 2

Cover based shooting can fornicate itself with a rusty iron rod. I can't say about the other two because I havent played them, but i'd wager I hate them too.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
The Uncharted series, Torchlight, Grand Theft Auto, and every CRPG (Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate ect.)

Although I should say I don't hate these games. There really is no reason to "hate" a game unless it killed your dog or something. Those are just games that other people seem to enjoy and I don't.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Fallout 3. I tried my best to get into this one and I won't say I hate it, I just couldn't get into it. The percentage chance speech system is annoying and it feels like investing points in speech is a total waste since the RNG can just screw you over anyway, the selection of any weapons that aren't Small Guns is terrible and the side quests aren't that interesting with a few notable exceptions.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Rock-nerd said:
League Of Legends. God i hate that game. mostly for the community. The people i have played with on this are so negative and total assholes to anyone who isn't amazing. The worst thing about it is if you want to leave the game and not have to be with these people, you get punished for it. Ugh.

So, what about you?
Now see, I just hate it because it's not fun.

Iyon

Recovering Lurker
May 16, 2012
The Uncharted games. I like the characters and the set pieces are pretty spectacular but the gameplay and mechanics left me feeling rather disappointed.

Obviously I'm in the minority though.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Limbo.

I wouldn't say it's a horrible game, but I don't understand why people are willing to pay money to play it. There are dozens of flash games in this genre which are just as good and free to play, and there just doesn't seem to be anything about Limbo that sets it apart to warrant the price tag.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Rock-nerd said:

So, what about you?
That's why you get friends and play with them. Believe it or not, solo queuing in any game-type is an INCREDIBLY stupid idea. The very notion of doing something as idiotic as that in that game is mind-blowing. It's just...no. The game is not a game meant to be played without a few friends.

Fallout 1 and 2, can't stand them.
UMvC, Tekken, Street Fighter, all of them. I don't enjoy them at all.

I think that's it, really.