Games you just...stopped playing

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
The_Echo said:
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

I played it for a few hours... and then... never put it in again. This was months ago; I think I got the HD Collection pretty soon after its release. I think it's because I had a different game, but I didn't go back ever. The whole... mission-oriented gameplay kind of turned me off.

I also recently stopped Devil May Cry a few weeks ago because Nightmare can eat shit and I wanted to play Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. I'll get back to it, though.
piinyouri said:
Tokyo Jungle
Holy fuck is that game trollbait. Just when you're having fun, some bullshit will happen and goodbye 2 hours of work with nothing to show for it. I had unlocked almost all the herbivores, was stuck trying to get the Hippo. The Hippos are BULLSHIT. Like, no hippo would move that damn fast, and get this, any other hippo you find in the game? Not hard to kill, not that fast. These hippos (a whole herd, which you have to kill in order to unlock them) are stupidly fast and strong. And you have to do this with a bull/cow, not sure which. Whatever it was, you were grossly outmatched. After the thirteenth time trying and dying on those bastards, I calmly opened the save data on my PS3's dashboard and deleted my Toyko Jungle save data and haven't played it since. Thank god.
Why would you delete your save? That's a lot of work just thrown out the window.

And you could have just... run through a few good generations to buff your stats?
Because trying to get any good generations in that game is asking the game to troll you.
If you're curious as to what I mean, the pollution for example. It's supposed to be part of the challenge, supposed to be fun, but when most of your game is spent in pollution almost 80% of the time, it makes it pointless. It's no longer challenging, it's anoyying. Without respite, the onslaught has no meaning.

Just....trust that I know myself well enough that I did what's best for me.
And deleting the save was to keep me from being tempted to try it again.
Just to clarify, I really liked the game when it wasn't being shit. Thus were all the black roiling hatred comes from. If I wasn't as into the game, I wouldn't have reacted as badly.

B.U.C.K

Sep 17, 2010
GTA IV
Far Cry 2
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Shadows of the Damned
Red Dead Redemption

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
Evil Smurf said:
Pokemon Black 2, I just got bored
Me too, I gave up on pokemon Black and then Black 2 about 6 gym badges in. I was just bored out of my mind.

Do you find this is the most boring pokemon yet? Because I played the others multiple times but people keep posting how the white and black ones are by far the best

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
Darksidders. Prime example how hack and slash can be so boring and tedious as possible.

Bioshock 2. Nothing from it was new and got boring really fast.

psychonauts, loved the game, but suddenly I was required to find 800 arrowheads to get a certain item. I only had around 200.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Halo 4: I got bored 3 missions in. Only Halo game to date that I got bored of on the first run through and was the last nail in the coffin for my interest in Halo.

Mass Effect: I've played through the first one about 8 times and I'm certain I've done everything and seen everything. The other I just don't find all that compelling or as interesting as the first.

Metro 2033: Just lost interest.

Planetside 2: Once you've zerg-rushed one facility, you've zerg-rushed 'em all. I couldn't find an outfit to join, and really didn't play often enough to justify it. I've just not felt any compulsion to play it. Thankfully I haven't spent any money on it.

Far Cry: Haven't gotten around to finishing it.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Assassin's Creed. I got bored with it about halfway through. Later I gave the franchise another chance and got two thirds through AssCreed 2, but once again I got bored. I realized the series just wasn't for me and haven't played any of the newer ones.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
[Kira Must Die said:
]Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Not because it was bad or anything. From what I played it was fun, it was just that the disc I got stops working at this certain part, and every time I try to start the game at that point it crashes.

Also, FFXII. It was one of those reasons where I get to a boss and my party isn't nearly ready for it, but the game doesn't let me go back to a town or something to prepare. That usually tends to happen to me when it comes to Final Fantasy. That, and I just couldn't get used to the combat system in XII. It was too... RTS-ish for me, and I'm not an RTS fan.
you saved yourself a great deal of mental anguish, my friend. the combat system never gets better (i cant count the amount of times my team mates bugged out and just decided to stop participating in battle halfway through a boss fight) the story pretty much doesnt exist and the character development is clumsy at best

assassins creed 2. too many characters all with names i couldnt remember. keeping them straight got too confusing and i had no idea what i was doing in the story so a quit. as a result, i really cant play any of the subsequent assassins creed games either.

final fantasy 6. i know its a great game and supposedly has an amazing story but i wouldnt know. i keep trying to get in to it and failing. this time i got as far as the floating continent before i got bored and gave up

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Confession time.

Bioshock 1. I loved the atmosphere and the writing. The gameplay, not so much. I found myself wandering in circles in gloomy corridors and wondering where this awesome game was that I'd heard so much about. I gave up out of a combination of disillusionment and the faint feeling that I wasn't playing it right and should save it for when I was ready to give it my full attention.

Assassin's Creed 2. I've now TWICE started it and found myself just getting to a convenient place, saving, and playing something more engrossing and immediately gratifying. Which is a shame because by any reasonable standards it's an excellent game. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me sometimes.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior. A really crappy game. I loved Silent Scope and so I was hoping for something similar. What I actually got was a glitchy game with wildly variable graphical quality, enemies that flip-flop between being morons and telepathic, and the actually fairly good shooting physics get buried under all that. It got to a point where I was expected to snipe some guy on a boat, and I'm not sure if this was a checkpoint glitch or the most perverse level design in the history of gaming, but the game was expecting me to do this (and repeating the same canned soundbite at me over and over again) while an infinite stream of enemies spawned a hundred yards behind me. The most frustrating shit I've had the displeasure of playing in quite some time.

Timeshift: Great concept, most lacklustre implementation evarrr. Got through the first level and when I saw that the second level was another helping of exactly the bloody same, my will to live wilted.

Slowbear

Aug 4, 2011
Assassin's Creed III
did not feal like an Assassin's Creed game
could not care for any of the characters
I played and finnished all the rest of them and had fun with them.
just could not give a shit for Assassin's Creed III

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
Mines a moderately long list:

Borderlands - I just lost interest
Battlefield 3 - Same problem as borderlands but worse, i think i got through 2 missions before getting really bored
Black Ops - I couldn't get into it, i just... couldn't
Metroid Other M - the voice acting really grated and the changes in samus' behaviour was so out of field it didn't line up with the other Metroid games
Sonic Generations - the modern sonic levels irk me very much, but i will get back to it
DMC 4 - I will get back to it at some point
FF XIII - new games kept coming out, but i will get back to it

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Batman Arkham City and Dishonored.

I bought them both right after Borderlands 2, got halfway through them but just lost interest and went back to Borderlands 2 again.

Now I've completed Borderlands 2 I just can't get back into them.

zxvcasdfqwerzxcv

Nov 19, 2009
Dishonored... it just got incredibly bland, weak characters, weak plot, poor art direction (too pastel for a game that should have been very dark). Maybe I'll revisit it someday, but for now I have no inclination to play it.
And like many have said, Borderlands. It's fun, but it gets damn repetitive quickly. It probably would have been better if I played it online with friends; soloing it is just boring!

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
Borderlands is pretty much my shining example of this. It just got sooooo tedious, and the attempts at humor just kept making me cringe.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
IronMit said:
Evil Smurf said:
Pokemon Black 2, I just got bored
Me too, I gave up on pokemon Black and then Black 2 about 6 gym badges in. I was just bored out of my mind.

Do you find this is the most boring pokemon yet? Because I played the others multiple times but people keep posting how the white and black ones are by far the best
Black 1 and 2 ended up feeling like the same game. I'd already finished black so why do it again? That said I'll play the shit out of leafgreen.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Demon Souls, stupid me insisted again with Dark Souls and also forgot about it...

Silent Hill Downpour, it's not bad, but it being open world with side quests sorta pissed me off after a while, then better games came and I played THEM.

Rage, it was nice, although it had an awful texture loading aspect, but I kept going, managed the game with other, better games, and when I thought I had finished it... The game took me to a brand new area... And Then I quit.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
Both Half-Life 1 and 2. I don't know, I just sort of expected them to be a lot better than they were (I understand that they were the games that revolutionized genres but I just found them to be really boring).

Every Crysis game, because I play for about an hour then realise that I have absolutely no motivation to do anything.

Borderlands 2, I got really quite far into it but then just got bored of dying every time a Badass showed its face.

Every Farcry game, they suffer the same falling of the Crysis games in that I walk around for a bit saying 'ooh pretty' then get bored instantly afterwards.

Dishonoured. Looking back it was just a haze of doing the same thing over and over again. Which leads me perfectly on to...

Assassin's Creed (original). SO SO SO repetitive I just couldn't force myself to finish it. This subsequently put me off the whole series.

Finally, Dark Souls. I started out, got killed a lot, wondered why I would find repeating the exact same level over and over fun, and turned it off.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Okami, Beyond Good and Evil and The Last Survivor.

The first two I just find a bit "meh", the last one is just a bit awkward to play, so I don't often feel in the mood for it.

Oh, and GTA San Andreas. What's that main quest? I have to buy an airport to continue the main story, but have no money? Meaning I'd have to cheat or grind for hours? No thanks.

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
inFamous 2. I loved the first one, chased down all the Trophies. I stopped playing inFamous 2 about 3 hours in. I simply got bored, and didn't like some of the subtle changes from the first to the second.

Uncharted 3. Almost the same reason. I really liked UC2. The formula was getting a bit stale for Uncharted 3, and I was getting sick of all the over the top set pieces. I stopped shortly after the burning Mansion. I also got sick of playing 'guess which way the developer wants you to go'. This especially irked me. There looks to be multiple ways to progress, but go the wrong way, and it's 'do it again'. This was particularly annoying during the Rooftop chase as young Drake.

Sphinx86

Apr 15, 2009
Shadows of the Damned and Prototype would have to be the two most recent ones.

Pretty sure I actually stopped playing one to play the other, then stopped playing that for Dragon Age: Origins.

Popped Prototype in recently and realised I hadn't played it since May. Then I got the shits with Mercer and have moved on again.

Still intend to go back to them and finish them one day - but I said the same thing about Prince of Persia: Two Thrones on the PS2 with my save right at the final Boss.
Its probably been at least 12 months since I deleted that save knowing its been so long I didn't have the skill to take him on without a replay.