games you like but you can?t play very well.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
FPS games, particularly in versus mode. My heart rate goes up and I can't seem to remain calm and controlled, even though it's just a game. Consequently, I have difficulty aiming accurately or reacting in time.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Barbas said:
krazykidd said:
Street fighter 4 ( any edition). I'm not patient enough to play that game . Fuck links i prefer cancels.
synobal said:
Any RTS game ever, I'm dreadful at them. In fact I'm so bad I don't even buy them any more despite my enjoyment of them. I have a hard time at the single player even.
This, I prefer TBS. I'm amazing at those because I have actual time to think.
Er, what does TBS stand for again? It's on the edge of my memory...
Turn based strategy. It's basically easy mode of RTS. I don't have the skills to micro manage and think of tactics and strategies on the fly.

norashepard

Mar 4, 2013
I really like Dark Souls' world and aesthetic and lore and all that junk, but I suck at it in the most profound way. Other people just have trouble occasionally with a boss or something. I get killed by almost everything at least a thousand times. It's a real bummer.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is also super cool looking, and I like making up ridiculous stories for all my squad dudes, but damn if I don't find a way to get them all killed in every mission. It sucks.

And last but not least, the Europa Universalis games. I love the idea of taking over the whole world and making cool historical paths, but I just suuuuucccckkkk. Maybe that's because I always play as tiny useless countries, but still!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
RTS games. Actually no, I don't generally like RTS games, but I do like StarCraft 2. I started out in bronze, of course, and thought I was terrible. Climbed to silver, still terrible, gold, worse, platinum, HOLY FUCK I'M BAD WHAT THE SHIT. The higher I got, the worse I'd chastise myself.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
Like, literally all of them. I don't know what I'm doing with my life, I'm such a gamer and I'm such a nerd but in all actuality I am shit at video games. It's because I have rubbish co-ordination.

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
Like many people here, I'm going to say RTS games. Absolutely love them and am always enthralled by them, but I'm so bad at them, lol. Sadly, I'm quite often the same with TBS games, I just can't get the distribution of resources down properly in those and end up researching either all the wrong things, or not much at all.

Same as many others with the RPG's as well, love RPG's but, I've never ever gotten deep into the min maxing or spreadsheets of stats. Or finding all the secrets in an RPG or exploring every nook and cranny, I'm really bad for just forcing my through the game and calling it a day once I've finished the main story (for example, only finished like, 87% of Ni No Kuni, I think, never beat any of the major weapons in FF7, or even got into breeding, or Knights of the Round, so on and so forth)

Finally my last one is most anything online, MOBA's, online shooters, things like that. I love LoL and put a lot of time into TF2 and CoD: Modern Warfare, but I've never been really good at them.

So there, those are my guilty pleasures in gaming, game genres I absolutely love, but often either have to cheat to finish, or just finish bare bones story by just muscling my way through just the main story and missing a whole bunch of stuff, or get yelled at a lot for not doing very well online.