Games you regret buying

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
Not anything really recently, but Crash: Nitro Cart for the PS2 sucked big-time, and I played it less then two hours before giving up, and trying to repress the urge to vomit.

EDIT: And, as always, MW2 tops the list of bad buys.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
Darksiders, never got past the second level. Bought another game right after I purchased Darksiders, started to play that and just completely lost interest in Darksiders. Sat on my shelf for months til' I gave it up to Amazon.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Starcraft 2. I KNOW FANBOYS!!! SHUT UP LET ME EXPLAIN!!!
It is a good game, well done, nice and campaign was amazing and fun and story was enjoyable.
But after that all there is left for that game is competitive Multiplayer, and I am just not that type of RTS player who goes all macro and micro frenzy... I still enjoy watching it as Esport.
And I could have used that 60 euros elsewhere.

SonOfStayPuft

Sep 21, 2010
Ballz 3D for the Sega MegaDrive as a kid.

Oh the shame.It was a terrible beat em up, and was as bad as Rise of The Robots and ClayFighters.

Oh, and I also regret buying Rygar for the NES.

jubus

Aug 7, 2010
Shaun white Snowboarding on ps3.
Lasted 2 hours, by that time i'd done everything i'd want to do on a snowboarding game, next 4 hours were me Trophy hoarding but even that couldn't keep me interested.
Awful game!

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
MW2, Saints Row (and 2), Crackdown 2. I enjoyed each of these for maybe ten or fifteen minutes. Then I simply got bored.

loppyyyy

Jul 17, 2010
Oblivion.
plaed it for an hour, thought "My god this sucks" then forgot about it. A few months later I thought i'd give it another go. I played it for another hour and hated every minute of it. It was just so damn boring.

TankCopter

Jul 8, 2009
Horben said:
TankCopter said:
Final Fantasy 13. $120 on an admittedly pretty game that bored me to tears.
Doood, a hundred and twenty bones? Is that seriously what games cost in Australia? I'd heard games are more expensive there, but I had no idea. Buying any game with a price tag like that is a huge gamble. How does anything break ground in that kind of climate?
Because a lot of games cost that much, you kind of get used to it. it's the main reason why I don't buy many new release games, though they get a little bit cheaper over time (I picked up Pikmin 2 for the Wii for $50, down from the $70-$90 new Wii games tend to cost.)

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
I have a few:

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PC) - Bugged to all hell, terrible graphic issues and terrible voice acting. Not very enjoyable.

Resident Evil 5 (PS3) - Why capcom...why did you have to do this to my beloved series. And what the fuck did you do to Jill!

Saints Row 2 (PC - Steam) - Worked once. The game isnt bad by no means, but on PC there are just so many issues that my game refused to start after the first time I played it.

Silent Hill Homecoming (PC - Steam) - See 'Saints Row 2'

Crysis (PC) - "Oh cool, this is fun. Take that Korea! Wait; what the hell is that...Aliens? Time to stop playing and proceed to spit on the disc"

God Of War III (PS3) - Really overrated. Got to the end and was very disapointed. If I wanted a grind I would play WoW.

/end bitching.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I bought the Sonic Ultimate Collection on the PS2 quite a while ago...thought I'd have a moment of nostalgia. I completed it all in about 2 hours...the next day I took it back.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
Mass effect 2

and if i don't get flamed by that: I thought the first one was better!

edit : fable 2
at the final boss i was like "SHIT! Final boss! -takes out gun- BLAM. wait. that's it?"

i later read that he said something.

daubie

Mar 17, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
daubie said:
The first that come to mind are Soul Calibur IV, GTA 4, and Jak 2/3. The Jak sequels lacked so much of the charm that the first game had. The first game was funny, and bright, and refreshing. It revitalized the adventure/platformer for me, but the sequels were dull and gritty. It was a cheep attempt to try and attempt to siphon some of the popularity of the GTA games of the time, and it ruined what could have been a great series.
I loved Soul Calibur IV. I don't have a copy myself, but my friend did, until it got laser burnt by his 360.

I think one of the best parts of it was the character creation and edit mode. Nothing is greater in the game than playing as Mitsurugi with an Afro, we called him "Frourugi" We also had a version of him with a Wizard hat and a monical, "Wizarugi", not creative name wise, but funny.

I think the best one my friend did was a total character creation that looked like Sean Connery, though there wasn't a voice that was close enough to fit it.

But I guess I didn't see it as bad, or a waste of money if I did buy it (which I would if I had the money), because I don't expect fighting games to be that ground breaking, as long as it has solid control-ability, which I feel IV has, I will like it.
I suppose I wasn't entirely fair there. The character creation was fun, but I do miss the creation mode in 3. In 4 you just use the normal characters fighting style if I remember right, but in 3 you had a whole new set of classes to mess around with. It was an alright fighter, but it felt like a step down from the older games. In a rush after messing with the better graphics and online play they cut what little story was left in the series.

I had been a fan of the series since the original Soul Blade on PSX, and I guess I just feel it, like Jak, has lost a good deal of it's old charm over the years.

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
mParadox said:
The topic explains it all. Which game you bought that you hated and considered a waste of your money?

Mine was Just Cause. The damn game was terrible in every way.

My first thread, yay!
Damn, ninja'd by the OT!