Games you regret buying

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Star Ruler.

It's just not my kind of game, something I only realized after playing it.

Celador

Oct 26, 2009
Starke said:
Sirevien said:
Guild Wars (no idea why, but i stopped playing two days after the purchase) - 25$
Same thing happened to me. Except it was more that I'd been a beta player, and they massively overhauled the game balance about a month before the game launched, and turned combat from a joy to a chore.
Oh god... i remembered three more:

Vanguard: Saga of heroes - tried beta, it was "meh" but my friends were playing it, so i bought it (25$?) and stopped playing month later.

Planetside (20-25$?) - friends recommended me that and i stopped playing week later.

Also - Aion. Didn't buy the actual game (praise the Lord!), but gave away 15$ for beta key (yeah - friends were playing it as well). Am i retarded or something -_-?

OdjinYorae

Sep 9, 2010
Infinite Undiscovery. Bought it, beat it, hated it. Only reason I beat it was that i was hoping it would get better. Playing it was like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever, you keeping hoping but it never really happens. (I know that Duke Nukem Forever is SUPPOSED to be coming out soon, this is just the best way to describe it)

Toranilor

Feb 22, 2009
ShadowTale said:
I played Sacred Gold (Sacred 1) for PC and it was AWESOME. way better than diablo 2 imo. but man Sacred 2 was crap. -Stay away from Sacred 2-
I agree with this. Bought it on a whim, thinking it would be a fun action-adventure RPG.. Boy was I wrong.

PeetyPeencess

Aug 18, 2010
Chainsauce said:
FFXIII. Oh god, it was so bad.
I painfully have to agree with Chainsauce. I think I put too much faith on Square-Enix. After buying the PS3 slim and preordering the FFXIII; the suckiness of FFXIII multiplied by gazillion because of how incredibly disappointed I was of it. Lesson: never ever be excited for anything. Ever. :(

Kiereek

Nov 18, 2008
Armored Core 4. Robots are awesome, and For Answer was great, but I didn't realize it wasn't For Answer when I bought it, and it was actually just 4... :(

Nov 19, 2009
bioshock, singularity and EVE.

i thought borderlands did not live up to the hype and was disappointed. that being said, i still enjoyed it somewhat.

Piflik

Feb 25, 2010
PC: Silverfall...played it about 15mins...
PSone: Ubik...tried playing it twice...both times I quit after 5min...that game is bad...
PS2: Magnacarta...really annoying battle system...
PS3: Stormrise...unplayable...

Zack5777

Sep 7, 2010
Turning point: fall of liberty << Horrible AI, horrible plot, horrible control;

ShadowRun << no single player, NO Singleplayer, horrible community, not fun;

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
MW2, so SO much.
"Play it, it's awesome" "Best shooter, worth all the money" - Last time I listen to my friends. While I did get some enjoyment out of the multiplayer, it got stale fast, the dlc is and was SO badly handled and I blasted through the campaign in about 3 hours and while it did have some shock and awe, it was still a short campaign.

L4D2 I regretted until I found out 3 other friends from college had it and then it became a worthy purchase.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
mParadox said:
The topic explains it all. Which game you bought that you hated and considered a waste of your money?

Mine was Just Cause. The damn game was terrible in every way.

My first thread, yay!
I read the title of the thread, and as I clicked on the link, I was thinking "...Just Cause"

MNM556

Aug 11, 2010
Call of duty WoW for the ps2 i mean wtf was that shit also Dragon Ball Z Infinite World for the ps2 that shit pissed me off

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
i think too human was decent game, i paid 30 pounds for that, (About 45 dollars i think) and it was by all means worth it.