Games you regret buying

park92

Aug 1, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
park92 said:
PhunkyPhazon said:
Guitar Hero World Tour. I didn't think it was possible to mess up as simple a concept like strumming to plastic guitar, so naturally Activision had to put together the most lackluster set list possible. (Or so I thought, everyone says GH5 is even worse) I recently sold it on Amazon...for about $10. *sigh*

That put me off the whole 'plastic instrument' thing for a while, until I played Rock Band 2. Harmonix, thank you. Just thank you.

Oh right, I almost forgot about the WiiWare version of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. However, I only got it because it was the only game in the series I didn't already own. But that still doesn't make it any less painful that it's such a lazy, half-assed port. Seriously Capcom, you couldn't have even added pointer functionality?
i thought guitar hero world tour had some good songs like livin on a prayer and hotel california btw only songs i ever played lol
I liked some songs, such as Livin' on a Prayer, Eye of the Tiger, One Way or Another, the Joker...thing is, all of these songs are in Rock Band 2, either on the disk or as DLC. And even most of the songs I bought for World Tour are on Rock Band network. I'm missing one or two of my favorites now (Prisoner of Society...*sniff*) but I thank it's a good trade-off considering RB2 has a vastly superior setlist.
the only downside to RB2 is that i think the guitars are a bit stiff compared to GH

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
daubie said:
The first that come to mind are Soul Calibur IV, GTA 4, and Jak 2/3. The Jak sequels lacked so much of the charm that the first game had. The first game was funny, and bright, and refreshing. It revitalized the adventure/platformer for me, but the sequels were dull and gritty. It was a cheep attempt to try and attempt to siphon some of the popularity of the GTA games of the time, and it ruined what could have been a great series.
I loved Soul Calibur IV. I don't have a copy myself, but my friend did, until it got laser burnt by his 360.

I think one of the best parts of it was the character creation and edit mode. Nothing is greater in the game than playing as Mitsurugi with an Afro, we called him "Frourugi" We also had a version of him with a Wizard hat and a monical, "Wizarugi", not creative name wise, but funny.

I think the best one my friend did was a total character creation that looked like Sean Connery, though there wasn't a voice that was close enough to fit it.

But I guess I didn't see it as bad, or a waste of money if I did buy it (which I would if I had the money), because I don't expect fighting games to be that ground breaking, as long as it has solid control-ability, which I feel IV has, I will like it.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Luckily, all of mine have been cheap enough that it wasn't a huge loss. :D

Siren
Look, I'm sure it's a good game deep down but...okay, scratch that. I hate this game.

Dragon Rage
I got it, hoping it could compare to one of my other favorite dragon games (Drakengard). Oh man, this game failed on every single level. I didn't even make it past the tutorial before I was sickened with it.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
park92 said:
the only downside to RB2 is that i think the guitars are a bit stiff compared to GH
I just use the GH controller. In fact, I never even bought Rock Band controllers =P

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
voorhees123 said:
I regret buying any game i complete in 8 hours because i could of rented it instead of buying it. I have no interest in playing online and achievemants so I see it as a waste of £40.
This here is me. I TRY to play the games online to make them last a little longer, but frankly... I tend to regret damn near every game I buy.

voorhees123 said:
Luckily this doesn't
happen often.
I don't know what games you've been playing for the last 5 or so years... but hook me up with the list... Clearly there are more games out there worth looking into than I was aware of, if it doesn't happen to you often.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
armageddon74400 said:
elcamino41383 said:
WET, it was a fun game, but much too short and the ending completely ruined everything about it. Also Golden Axe: Beast Rider, such a SLOW game, in every aspect in that short time I was playing it. And the latest King of Fighters, I know fighting games aren't generally very deep but this one was so incredibly shallow!
LOLWUT?
The only reason I can think of for thinking that is counting shitty licensed anime games like the Naruto and DB games as fighters.
No, I mean any fighter. I mean deep as in has something of a story and the characters are at least somewhat interesting and the game play is fun. To me, most fighter's these days (especially KOF...whatever number this one was) have so little depth in them they aren't interesting. Save for Blazblue, but that doesn't have enough characters to really hold me either.

Edit:
Doc Funky said:
King of Fighters XII - There's not even a story. Not even a cheesey KoF story...just a time
That's the number I was looking for...thank you!

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
ThePirateMan said:
The Witcher (May not have given this one the chance it deserves judging by other people's opinions of it, but the 1 hour I did try it out bored the tears out of me.)
I had the same reaction, then tried again and realized I had stopped at the exact place it gets better. If you're still bored after you get to the first town, then you can call it quits.

My regrets:
King's Bounty. I can see that it's a pretty good game, but it's not my thing.
Oblivion: Bland landscape. Same generic monsters everywhere. Enemies level with player. There was some interesting stuff there but it just didn't work for me.

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Not really a game but buying the x-box pro back in the days where you get it with kung-fu panda and lego indiana jones...Never ever inserted it into the x-box once since i got it.
OT:250th post!

Fanatical

Jul 31, 2009
F-I-D-O said:
Fanatical said:
The Red Dragon said:
Tom Clancy's Endwar. Why oh why did I buy it, ill never know. Ugh.
Hey I was about to say that. Glad I was not the only one.

"I want to command my troops with the head-set."
"Very well sir. Would you mind screaming your orders so everyone in the house can hear you? Oh I'm sorry that was not the right tone, try in a louder more obnoxious pitch."

Why did I do that? Why did I buy you?
skip to around 40 sec
OT: Power Drome. it wasn't worth the $2.99 I paid. Everything controls like crap, the ones that go faster than a turtle explode in three wall hit, and the rubberband AI only had one end. I'll let you figure it out.
HINT: I lost just about every race, even when I didn't blow up at all. Two seconds from finish line in 1st place....and AIs 1-5 pass him going five times the normal speed. So sad. And he's flinging the disc across the room...it shattered on impact!
archvile93 said:
TomLikesGuitar said:
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
Haha, good one... Now seriously take that the fuck back right the fuck now. My reaction. Exactly. To a creepy level.
Nope, Unlike most people I was able to see through the interesting setting and realize how shit the GAME part of the GAME was.
that sir is your opinion. I don't see the problem people have with the controls. I actually liked them. i could do with a few less vita-chambers though...
That video about sums up my statement. Wow that is a perfect example of what I was talking about. lol that was too good as well.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
park92 said:
I just use the GH controller. In fact, I never even bought Rock Band controllers =P
you can do that!!!!!!! i'm gonna try it out tomorrow lol thanks

Lula21

Aug 23, 2010
Mortal Kombat Armageddon. Most of it was my own fault for not taking into account the whole backwards compatibility thing. The controls were set up for an original Xbox controller that had two buttons that my current one doesn't even have. And of course those buttons just happen to be pretty vital to combat.

Of course the game wasn't exactly a work of art on its own anyway.

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
MGS2 (controlled horribly, bored), MGS3 (never opened), Fallout 1, 2, Tactics (FUCKING boring gameplay.)

Your hate only gets me harder.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Armored Core 4

I only bought it as a get one free copy for 10 bucks total, but I snagged it because my friends loved it and I thought I'd try it out. Hated the controls, story bored me, it expected me to figure everything out too early, just was a bad game that I have stuck on my entetainment tower because of my friends. I need to stop listening to all of them, since I tried Bioshock and it did not work for me...any of the 3 times I tried it. Bioshock I. will be the judgement test for me and the franchsie

Mandarth

Aug 9, 2008
Just Cause 2- The controls were buggy and the driving was terrible
Halo ODST- I have never been a fan of the Halo series but that one just took the cake for crappyness
Bioshock 2- the amounts of 'Meh' I got from this was amazing
Halo Wars- Just No. Dear god just no.
Any of the Final Fantasies- I bought a couple of them thinking each time "I might like this one". I didn't
Supreme Commander- When I have to wait around 1.5 hours for the most awesome gun to be built, I tend to start thinking about setting myself on fire to alleviate boredom.
Mercenaries 2- I like wanton destruction. I also like a decent plot, good controls, decent graphics and a sense that my destruction is actually meaningful.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Dr. Whiggs said:
MGS2 (controlled horribly, bored), MGS3 (never opened), Fallout 1, 2, Tactics (FUCKING boring gameplay.)

Your hate only gets me harder.
You bought the 3 pack to? I dunno, I only started 1 and I've died more than I have in almost everything except God of War, and I've spent less time w/ it than I did the 2nd part of Ares on God mode in GoW1! I don't want to call it it a regret, but I should call FO1/2/T more of a let down.

Maybe I'm not a retro game fan like I hoped :p

Mandarth

Aug 9, 2008
New York Patrick said:
Command and Conquer 4: Kane's Wrath for 360.

Terrible excuse of an RTS. However, the PC version is the opposite.
Do you mean Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath? Command and Conquer 4 was called Tiberium Twilight

*Shudders* Twilight