Games You Want, But Will Never Come Out

Tennou486

Dec 26, 2008
A sequel to The Darkness. The first was awesome, definitely one of the most underrated games this generation.

aakibar

Apr 14, 2009
Xlr8DETH said:
unfortunately i dont think a star wars battlefront 3 will ever be released or a proper Kotor 3
what you said, i really wanted this game and then pandemic went under :(
and then a game that does not use WWII, 'nam, or terriosim as a template, and does it creatively

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
MEGAMAN ZX3!!!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

My life has no meaning! what else must I do?!

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOORR!!!!!!! *collapses in tragic sorrow*

thanks for reminding me....

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Heavy Duty

Basically it was going to be a game somewhat like a real-time X-Com with vehicles where you dynamically build bases on the planet and repel alien invaders.

Seeing how it hasn't received an update since 2008 and the game itself recently vanished from the developer's website, I've come to accept that it's vaporware.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
A Legacy of Kain game, while impossible (writer left, studio lost support, Tony Jay died), would be nice. The series never got past Defiance.

What's this "Blood Omen 2" you're talking about? Bah, never happened.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Chicago Ted said:
Star Wars Republic Commando 2.

I loved the first and I really want to see a sequel to it.
Yes, Republic Commando definitely deserves a sequel.

I also think Metal Arms: Glitch in the System could use either a sequel or an updated re-release. Either or would make me happy.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Xlr8DETH said:
unfortunately i dont think a star wars battlefront 3 will ever be released or a proper Kotor 3
summed up my fucking thoughts exactly, and i knew that someone would.

honestly, its gotten to the point where nobody even needs to mention either game, because we all know that everyone wants them both.

lucasarts needs to stop making shitty clone wars games and start making the games we actually want

May 5, 2010
Why am I only the third person to say Half Life 3(YES Half Life 3. I know what I said.)? Does everyone suddenly think it's coming out? Because last time I checked, the Escapist community's two most common traits were Valve Worship and pessimism.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront 3... seems it has quite a fanbase, surely Mr. Lucas would want to milk this apparently milky cash cow. The only game I can see myself buying and playing for the long-term right now.

natural20

Apr 7, 2010
Hawk of Battle said:
I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it a hundred more; HAN SOLO; INTERGALACTIC SMUGGLER!!

I mean seriously, why doesn't this game exist yet?
Seconded! That would be fantastic, especially since one of the main reasons that the prequel trilogy sucked (in my book) was the lack of smugglers/non-Force story.

Senor Alto

Jan 23, 2011
other's have posted it but I'll still say it.
Republic commando 2
The first was awesome, just not long enough for me.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
A few years ago, Headfirst Productions, the studio behind Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, went bankrupt. It was mainly due to poor sales and long development time of their first game, and they actually had several other games in development:
There were making two other Lovecraftian games: "Call of Cthulhu: Destiny's End" and "Call of Cthulhu: Tainted Legacy", as well as a western-horror game called "Deadlands."
While there were trailers and gameplay for Deadlands and Destiny's End, as well as a handful of screenshots, both games had to be cancelled along with Headfirst disappearing forever. It was a shame, really; both games looks pretty awesome, and I would loved to have seen a continuation of the Call of Cthulhu-franchise. While I'm not sure, I do believe Bethesda, the publishers, still own the rights to the series. Maybe there is a little bit of hope?

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis 2

This game was so much fun! I want to see a T-Rex killing some visitors in better graphics and have new things like water and flying dinosaurs (although those are both technically not dinosaurs I think).

KotOR III

Self-explanatory. Unfortunately Obsidian had to go and make a KotOR II that was buggy and incomplete and in no way a worthy successor.

Half Life 2: Episode 3

Hurr-hurr.

Black and White 3

I loved both B&W and B&W 2 and had tremendous fun with them. I wish a third one would be made that combined the complex creature of the first with the city-building of the second, but alas, Lionhead only makes Fable games nowadays.

I'm sure there are more than these, but they're the first that came to mind.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
A Pokemon MMO. Let's face it, it's the next logical step for the franchise and Nintendo has the funds to pull off such a project. The fact they won't just proves they're afraid of innovation or that they like to live in the past and not use new technologies to their advantage.

That or a new (and good) StarFox game (preferably for the Console). And remakes don't count.