Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

jackiebrown22222

Jun 5, 2008
Heavenly Sword- It was a great game, but too short and had no replay value.

Project Snowblind- Way too hard, I quit after barely beating the first couple of missions

Jericho- Having you're entire team getting killed by suicide monsters hundreds of times over just because they can't aim at a huge-ass yellow pimple isn't very fun...

dudesrug

Jun 3, 2008
Spacelord said:
Edit: I also bought Shaq Fu at one point. And Altered Beast, the worst launch title of any console EVAR.
don't worry your not alone, i had shaq fu too, oh the shame.

lewa nua

Dec 29, 2007
The Sims 2 with most of it's expansions, Just one of those games where it gets really boring after awhile but addictive at first (I cancelled a vacation just so I could keep on playing it once >.>.

COD4: Came with my graphics card but god it sucked, never got past the training level, went back to plaing crysis and UT3... On a Mac >.>

C&Q First Decade: Thought being able to play the classics on Xp was good.... NO!

But I loved Fire Emblem: POR and Radiant Dawn.
And all of the starfox games (Even if one was a zelda rip)

Knights Of The Old Republic: I like that type of RPG but the fighting wasn't active. (Tip to parents, games like Mass Effect are designed to develop personality just don't mind letting them go into virtual night bars.)

And definately definately Audio Surf, The gimmick was good at first but don't play that game unless ou take high amounts of Esctacy.

lewa nua

Dec 29, 2007
And if you get the chance buy ICO and Shadow of the collosus. You really wont regret it.
(double post soz >.>)

Futurehead

Jun 30, 2008
Time Crisis 4, that was a very expensive mistake. The only mode worth playing is arcade and you only get about one hour out of it before getting bored.

Jul 11, 2008
Conan (poor god of war clone),
Painkiller (seriously bad animation, level design, story, gameplay, far too easy, wishes it was a grown up serious sam),
Freedom Force (brain seeps from ears),
Space Force: Rogue universe (impossible),
Gungrave (soo badly done).

vasudean

May 30, 2008
Superman 64: Every light in my head was on screaming at me to not buy it, but being 12 and not exactly overflowing with cash, I bought it and so far, it's been the only game I've EVER played that made me want to break my controller, take the game out, and try and get it run over by a semi until I didn't recognize it, then burn the remains 5 miles away from my home. In my opinion it was a crime against humanity that that game was even thought of. My childhood was scarred by that travesty of a game.

Splitter

Jul 10, 2008
I'm a pretty tolerant guy when it comes to games. I often look upon dodgy controls, bad camera angles, insane difficulty levels and such as part of the challenge. In fact I even love some of the games that are hugely ripped into on here, or at least think they're not that bad.
Well the main ones are FFXII and Unlimited Saga, I actually love both of those, I even quite like X-2.

However if we're talking games that just go too far with the shittiness I have a few:

The Sims, I bought the double deluxe edition after so many people I knew raved about it. It wasn't cheap either. I played it for about a week, and just waited for something interesting to happen. Eventually I realised it wasn't going to happen, and never played it again, and kicked myself several times for failing to see what an idiot I was for buying it.

Shadow Man: I recently bought an N64 because I've always wanted one and though as they're cheap and I had some spare cash I may as well go for it. So I decided to get a few games too, I was satisfied with most, Super Mario 64, LoZ: OoT and even Pokemon Snap were great fun. But then it came to Shadow Man, the plot made no real sense, the gameplay was boring at best. I was left clueless as to what to do and eventually just gave up. The whole thing felt like a cheap version of Soul Reaver.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates: As my DS lacks games and I love FF I thought this couldn't be better. At the start it works well, a good storyline, nice characters, good gameplay, although you need to play it on headphones or on your own as its quite a loud game. Unfortunately when you get into the main bulk of the game you are let down tremendously. Unusually for a FF the game isn't turn-based, so you control one of the characters while the others do their own thing, until you swap which player you control. Unfortunately the AI for the characters you aren't controlling consists of following you at a discreet distance and occasionally attacking. Meaning during boss fights all your allies die within a couple of minutes. This is very irritating as to use the magic in the game effectively you need to chain it with your allies. This is a nice concept but all this must be done manually, and when preparing to cast a spell the character remains completely motionless and the targeting must also be done manually so it must all be re-done every time your opponent moves. As if to make up for this, all the bosses in the game are criminally easy, and can be beaten with only one character, it seems the game designers knew they'd fucked up the AI but couldn't be bothered to do anything about it. Which is made more irritating by the fact that the enemies have a decent AI. More annoyingly I bought this game practically the day it came out, knowing nothing about it, for £30. The next time I saw it in a shop it was £20. (think $60-$40)

zebubble

Apr 28, 2008
Personally, I hate all the RTS's out there. I try to like them, but the game seems to be not about strategy but about who can click and perform the most actions. If I wanted a twitch game I would play an FPS. TBS games however are just plain awesome! (Civ 4, for example)

KimMR251

Jun 15, 2008
Saga Frontier. Wtf was squaresoft thinking at the time? Better yet, wtf was I thinking buying it?!
Xenosaga. Did I even experience any game play???? haha.
WoW. Man...I almost got written up at work b/c of it...
Halo 2. Only for the reason that I actually did get in trouble with attendance at work b/c of it...
But at the same time...I was totally addicted to playing it...and if history had an opportunity to repeat itself...I would buy it again lol.

OH! and wait, paraparaparadise for the jap ps2. I think I was delirious or something...

Imbrium

Jul 2, 2008
Grand Theft Auto IV.
Nowere near as fun as San Andreas. It's just been turned into a next-generation games franchise and has lost all of its charm and allure to 'realism' and average gameplay.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Not technically a game, but I believe I mentioned I regret buying an Xbox 360.

Microsoft's user base reminds me of nothing so much as a battered spouse, who keeps crawling back to her abusive husband no matter how many times he slaps her around. Microsoft figured out a long time ago that their fanbase will let them get away with ANYTHING, and they promptly stopped even pretending to care about customers. No other company on Earth would ever be allowed to get away with putting something like the Xbox 360 on the market, even Nintendo would have been massacred if they tried it.

And of course I went ahead and got it anyway, even though I am not one of Microsoft's fanboys, and even though I knew the horror stories. I remember thinking, "Well, maybe it's just careless users who have theirs break down... after all, I heard horror stories about the PS2, and several other consoles that I own, none of which have ever given me trouble." Well, I learned the hard way.

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Arcanum. I never play it, it was the biggest waste of 20 bucks ever. I was promised a game of wonderment, excitement, a new type of RPG with a unique setting. What I got was a generic RPG with a generic steampunk setting. I really didn't like it, that's what I thought anyway.

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
Azurik: Rise of Perathia for the original Xbox. The only game I've ever bought without reading a slew of reviews first. Easily one of the worst games I've ever played. I used it as target practice with my shotgun.

I still kick myself for buying that waste of DVD space of a game.

gamshobny

Apr 13, 2008
I got to say, Gears of war for the pc was a very bad choice, the worst one I recall right now...