Games you wonder if anyone else has played...

The Rusk

May 25, 2008
I probably won't get any replies to these seeing as the first two go quite a way back;

Skull Monkeys - An awesome game released on PS1. So quirky and fun, and addictively hard.

Pandemonium - Another awesome game for the PS1. So imaginative, yet so wierd.

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath - One of the best games available on the XBOX. Graphics were amazing and the gameplay was incredibly fun. What other game can you fire little fury balls of death that slowly munch your enemies to death. Anyone who hasn't played it needs to.

Ring of Red - Came out on the PS2. The first game of its kind that I really enjoyed. Cool designs on the tanks/walkers and I loved the different support options. Was gutted when it broke :(

Anyone?

KapnKerfuffle

May 17, 2008
ND said:
Le' Moog said:
Theme hospital - only cause you couldn't get it for love nor money anywhere.

coughs and sneezes spread diseases. :D

I remember this one bit, where the receptionist said "a VIP has entered the building". 10 minutes later he was found walking into a wall just by the door o_O?
"Patients are reminded not to die in the corridors." - Always used to get a laugh out of that game.

'hok. See if anyone else has played these:

- Herzog Zwei
- King of Dragon Pass
- Terminal Velocity
- Dark Reign
Herzon Zwei - hell yeah! Great game. Unique RTS.

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
prey was awesome!!! any idea about wen and if a sequal is comin out? also any1 played shadow of the colossus?

The Rusk

May 25, 2008
DGKT93 said:
prey was awesome!!! any idea about wen and if a sequal is comin out? also any1 played shadow of the colossus?
The really should bring out a sequel to Prey. Was one of the most unique gaming experiences I've ever had. I think a fair few people have played Shadow of the Colossus which is why I didn't list it in my post. Nonetheless it was still an awesome game! The graphics were amazing and bringing down these 300ft tall beasts just left you feeling immensely satisfied, if not a bit sorry for them. I mean you are killing them for no good reason, and most of them didn't even attack you until you started stabbing them in their area of justice.

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
im not the only one!!! and at the end of prey their was the hole to be continued thing......

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
the rusk said:
Pandemonium - Another awesome game for the PS1. So imaginative, yet so wierd.
Hey, a Pandemonium player! Hello fellow brethren! And yes, to this day the ending somewhat still haunts me. >_>; Damn that jester.

Here comes my list:

Survival Kids (GBC)- Has to be my favorite GBC game.

Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GBC)

Azure Dreams - Both the PSX and GBC version. The first has a bunch of fun stuff to do and the other doesn't, but has more monsters and a longer story.

A.M.O.K (Sega Saturn) - Armore Core for the Sega Saturn, only it isn't as much fun.

Darius Gaiden ( Sega Saturn )

Galerians (PSX) - Was actually a pretty fun game, since you had psychic powers (thus, able to burn people alive or blow their heads off). But sadly this was limited to serums you had to inject and they ran out so fast that at one point I couldn't just progress further since I needed them and had no more left.

Hanathewreck

May 29, 2008
Cathosach said:
Shadow of Memories......................... anyone?
Over here! Still one of my favourites to date. Such a good idea, even if sometimes the execution was kinda... stilted?

Also on mentioned ones...: Um Jammer Lammy! I loved that. Also, Ico, Psychonauts, Grandia, Shining Force 2, and original Bloody Roar ( so hard! I only ever managed to finish it as Alice.)

Shadow Hearts (all of them) is amazing, 2's the most popular isn't it? I still like Koudelka though...

Dragon Valor on the Ps1? anyone? It was utter rubbish, but I loved it for being just plain entertaining.

Nov 28, 2007
DGKT93 said:
Prey was awesome! Any idea about when and if a sequel is coming out? Also, has anyone played Shadow of the Colossus?
They did announce a sequel about a month ago. IIRC, it's due out in 2009. And please avoid l33t speak. Grammar is your friend, and so is spelling.

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
I think it's when you used 'any1' instead of 'anyone'. Quite frankly I'll call that reserve 1337 speaking because only 1 word was used instead of the entire sentence. Also Shadow of the Colossus is an awesome game and I'm pretty sure lots of people played it.

Anyone played Capcom X Namco? It only came to Japan but it's still fun.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
LuxAeternus said:
Not so much underrated games, but ones you have played (good or bad) that seem to have completely dropped off the gaming radar.

Mine was 'Sphinx and the Mummy' - glitchy and frustrating in places, but not bad enough to really hate...
Sorry, played it. Not a bad game, no voice acting and the sections with Sphinx can go fuck themselves, but I realy enjoyed playing as the mummy. The puzzels where beyond fustrating at the times, the but the whole concept of playing as a charcter who can not be be killed, just damaged in Tom & Jerry style ways was something I've never seen before, plus it was hilarious cutting him into the three bits then setting one on fire, electuting another and having another squashed until he was paper thin.

Anyway, back on topic...Hmm, there was one game I played awhile back that seems to me now to Liar but shitter and with out motion sencing. After playing 10 minites of it I vowed to always look at reviews before buying a game.

exoneuk

May 1, 2008
slaygore said:
I think it's when you used 'any1' instead of 'anyone'. Quite frankly I'll call that reserve 1337 speaking because only 1 word was used instead of the entire sentence. Also Shadow of the Colossus is an awesome game and I'm pretty sure lots of people played it.

Anyone played Capcom X Namco? It only came to Japan but it's still fun.
I wanted that game so badly :( I never found out what it was even about or how Namco and Capcom managed to get together, as it were, in the game. Some magical loophole through time and space I would imagine but as I can't read Japanese that well (it takes too long at my current level...), I'll just have to guess.

Thesupafly

May 29, 2008
smallharmlesskitten said:
Adventure in the galaxy of fantastic wonderment- game by yahtzee
Skate or die- NES oldie
Gran turismo1
Sky oddessey- Flying game that no one i have talked to has played

and my crowning shame

Barbie race and ride- my sister's, i played it for her when she got stuck
ah man i love sky oddesy!

I remember in the game where you get the U.F.O's

ah but mine is the legend of mana....every time i mention it....i get blank faces from everyone.

vede

Dec 4, 2007
This Game

When I first got on, I was the only player online... in the world. The most people I've ever seen on is, like, 16 or something like that. You should give it a try, it's free. Based on the Dragonlance series. I don't play any more, though.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Just remembered. 7th Saga.

a pretty decent console RPG. Harder than most, but balanced better, provided you were willing to grind a couple hours every so often.

Bowstring

May 30, 2008
Vigilant 8 anyone? It was a PS1 game, where you took control of a vehicle, that had guns on it. The aim was to blow the shit out of everyone else.

Simple in theory, awesome in practice. (I was 8. Chances are playing the game now would probably melt my brain.)

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
Bowstring said:
Vigilant 8 anyone? It was a PS1 game, where you took control of a vehicle, that had guns on it. The aim was to blow the shit out of everyone else.

Simple in theory, awesome in practice. (I was 8. Chances are playing the game now would probably melt my brain.)
I loved vigilante 8. It was such a fun game when I was a kid. My friend and I would always get our ass raped by comp since we just maxed them with busses and trucks.