Games you wonder if anyone else has played...

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
i only know one other person whos played the origanal fable.
please tell me were not the only ones!

LuxAeternus

Apr 6, 2008
Dayne Gonsalves said:
have anyone else played tales of symphonia? i love that game.
Yup, played that one and some of the others in the series (like Phantasia).

Just picked up a new unheard-of game as well - Ghost Master for the PS2. Seems reasonably fun so far...

Imperial Avenger

May 31, 2008
I have just read through all 9 pages so far of this thread, & I can't believe no-one has mentioned Aquaria! It's an amazing little 2D side-scrolling adventure game on the PC, very much in the mold of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but with an Atlantean theme going on. Definitely one of the tougher & lengthy games I've played, I've been at it for months!

Check out the demo: http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/

Also, Capcom's God Hand, anyone? Kind of a 3D Final Fight, but with insane special moves, extremely fucked-up sense of humour, & incredibly cheesy surf rock soundtrack! In my honest opinion, one of the best games on PS2.

Star Fox Assault on GC. That was a fun little game that got a bad rap at time of release because it was unfavourably (& unfairly, IMO) compared with Lylat Wars on the N64. Shame, I rather enjoyed it.

Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox. A worthy sequel to a great Saturn shooter, with beautiful visuals & audio icing the cake nicely.

The Punisher on Xbox (& PS2). Contrary to most people, I actually liked that film. Even though, I was expecting the film tie-in game to be a bit shit. Imagine my surprise when I found I really enjoyed it! I just love how you can take human shields & the only way to replenish your health is to torture enemies...

Starlancer on DC. Great space-fighter game that totally sucked me in.

Alundra on PS1. Wonderful little Zelda-esuqe game about a hero who can enter other's dreams.

Oh, & Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on DC. My God, that was quite possibly the most fun 2D fighter I have ever encountered!

ND

May 24, 2008
*finishes trawling thread*

the rusk said:
don't know if this has been mentioned yet but did anyone play the Jurassic Park game on the megadrive?
Yes - being able to play a raptor chasing down Dr Grant was quite amusing. :)

LackingSaint said:
Croc: The Last Gobbo and it's sequel. I'm sure alot of people have played it, I just haven't ever heard anyone talk about it.
I played it a little, but I had a cousin that had played it to point of finding all the secrets, puzzle pieces (were they puzzle pieces? - can't remember lol), etc. Yes I used to mock them very much :D

mathbymsv said:
Wavy Navy - a game on my Apple IIe. It was simple, it was awesome, it was green and black. I was young enough to still have a bed time and I remember being jealous of my father who would put us to bed, creep into the basement and then play some more!
Oh god, now I feel old - I had the C64 version.

Fronken said:
You should try Escape from Monkey Island and Day of The Tentacle, they are both great :D
"Oh yeah? Well, you fight like a cow!"

PedroSteckecilo said:
SaGa Frontiers 1 and 2
Briefly - after accidently saving over an advanced game that belonged to the owner I didn't get much opportunity to play this game again ^.^

Cameoflage said:
In a similar vein but somewhat earlier, Hocus Pocus.
Played the demo.

Tynian said:
And KKND: Krossfire
Again, demo only.

_dante

Jun 1, 2008
SilentHunter7 said:
Psi-Ops. That game was amazing, and yet it completely died. Last time I heard about it was over 2 years ago when some nobody with a bad case of unwarranted self-importance tried suing Midway for copyright infringement.
I still play that game today, it was alsome even though the storyline was stupid

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
DGKT93 said:
thank you! its a good game, not enough people have played it!
Hmm, I thought Fable was a very popular game. Something about huge hype though made it seem worse than it was after it didn't live up to expectations. But I have played it and thought it was good.

How many people have played hearts? I know its not a proper video game but its still fun and most people I know don't know how to play it.

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
yea i understand that but i only kno one other person whose played it, hardly anyone else i kno has even heard about it.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Age of Mythology.

The online community was really tight. It was the first game I ever played online and although I was absolutely shite at it, I enjoyed every second.

riftinducer

May 10, 2008
Gungriffon Blaze. Fun mech game. Sure it only had 6 levels, and the controls were pretty awkward, but it had some cool mech design and a good variety of weapons. Also, the music for the training level was a favourite of mine for a while. It was also my first PS2 game.

It may be recent, but no-one I know seems to know about Patapon. Very good rhythm/RTS hybrid.

LuxAeternus

Apr 6, 2008
Markness said:
How many people have played hearts? I know its not a proper video game but its still fun and most people I know don't know how to play it.
Yeah, I have...though when I started for some reason I decided that having the highest score meant you won. It was only when I got older I went back and realised the screen kept saying last place...

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I remeber some cool survival horror from the PSone days (RE clones that is).
Like Hard Edge, Galerians or Martian Gothic.

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
Melaisis said:
Age of Mythology.

The online community was really tight. It was the first game I ever played online and although I was absolutely shite at it, I enjoyed every second.
AOM was fun. I loved using the god powers especially the tornado since it's so funny when people get sucked into it and just fly to the ground when it's over. Never played it online though.

Ty1er117

Jun 2, 2008
I was downloading games for my xbox and came across a game called shadow of memories, i had no idea what it was but I went ahead and got it, I was pretty skeptical at first because of the anime-esque appearance but decided to give it a chance, never finished it but it turned out to have a REALLY cool storyline and some of my best gaming memories come from it. But can't stress enough how good the storyline was.