Games you wonder if anyone else has played...

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Gekkeiju.
Tis this wee little MMO of yesteryear developed and run by one person.

Little_Scheer

May 15, 2008
I've never heard of an "Otagi" game but I have heard of an Okami game. I don't own it but it sounds cool. Ummm, Phantom Brave anyone? Majesty:The Fantasy Kingdom Simulator? The Mutant Virus on NES. . .lol. . .or even Blues Brothers, nah that games terrible nevermind. OMG, k I got a good one. 3D Balls on SNES. Oh yea, to the person who said Golden Axe, I played that on Genesis at a friends house a couple weeks ago, it was totally awesome.

ShyWinter

Apr 25, 2008
Dead to Rights - Not well known, but a decent shoot-em-up.

The Getaway - Tough controls, but great story.

mr mcshiznit

Apr 10, 2008
SilentHunter7 said:
Psi-Ops. That game was amazing, and yet it completely died. Last time I heard about it was over 2 years ago when some nobody with a bad case of unwarranted self-importance tried suing Midway for copyright infringement.
that game was sweet-the way you could throw people around and light them aflame was way cool. also had crazy innovative co-op one player controls the character the other the powers. As for prey it was the 1st game i played on 360 and i reccomend it highly to anybody - difficulty was a joke but the gameplay was solid. Note on multiplayer though- fairly laggy and nobody ever plays

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
Savage! RTSFPS, dunno why this isn't the next big thing. They could even set up empires, so you could join one and start games with added money and abilities depending on how much your empire collected, it could mayhem!

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Someone above mentioned the following Master System games:

"Quartet, transbot, my hero, slapshot"

I can't speak for slapshot - I never played it. But "My Hero" is the kind of frustrating game that is really good in every aspect except one huge one - in this case, that it has bosses that are impossible unless you learn the exact right move to defeat them. And unless you cheat, this takes HOURS. Other than this, it's actually very good - graphics, sound, collision detection, controls etc are all excellent - but I just hate boss fights that are impossible until you find the one technique that works, then are ridiculously easy afterwards.

"Transbot" is one of the more boring side-scrolling shoot-em-ups I've played - I'm sure its colour scheme (brown on brown) was the inspiration for the original "Quake"'s scenery. It looks boring, thanks to it inexplicably taking place underground; it sort of plays like the awesome "R-Type" but without any of its enemies, bosses (R-Type had some of the best boss fights on the Master System), or playability. There's just nothing fun about it - it's an extremely dull game.

"Quartet" - from what I can remember this was just another annoying platformer with slightly dodgy collision detection. Other than that it wasn't particularly bad, or particularly good. It didn't do any justice to the Master System's technical capabilities, such as they were. If I had to pick a platformer on the SMS that really does justice to it, I'd have to name "Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion", which is about a thousand times better than the Megadrive/Genesis game of the same name. Oh, and "Wonderboy 3" is awesome, an all-time classic, but everybody who's ever played a Master System game has probably played that one so it doesn't really count. (I'd give major props to anybody who's actually FINISHED that one without using the cheat code though. It took me months. It's worth it though, it also has the best end sequence I've seen on the Master System.)

I don't doubt that there are hidden classics on the Master System that very few people have ever played, but "Transbot" and "Quartet" aren't them IMO. There was a very good reason why "R-Type", "Castle of Illusion" and "Wonderboy 3" were so popular, and it's the same reason why nobody was telling their friends, "You have to get Transbot! It's such an awesome game!" Some games were just not good enough to rise out of obscurity.

Tynian

Feb 4, 2008
Broken.Longinus said:
What about Drakengard 1 and 2? Every time i mention them I get a "Huh?".
I soooooo loved both of them...

Anyone remember a small game called Draken: The Ancients Gates?

And KKND: Krossfire

Tynian

Feb 4, 2008
Oh!

And Exhumed!!!

Bloody great FPS, nice story, wicked guns, even better upgrades...

Realism alert: Sandals DONT make you jump higher (tried it, looked a fool) and a golden mask does NOT increase your ability to breath under water...

Can anyone still remember the artefacts and what they did?

excessum ado

Dec 27, 2007
Yakuza Fury. Im suprised it actually qualified as a game. I can find no mention of it on wikipedia. Thats how obscure it is.

Tynian

Feb 4, 2008
excessum ado said:
Yakuza Fury. Im suprised it actually qualified as a game. I can find no mention of it on wikipedia. Thats how obscure it is.
http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PS2jhg3g1a7vj7/

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
Dynasty Warriors series.

I love those games but i only know three out of everyone i've ever met who've heared of it, only two of the people actually played it, it's an awesome genre and suggest it to everyone whose looking for a good game.

I LOVED hogs of war spent most of my childhood playing that, psi ops was pretty fun though the story was a bit screwy, making heads explode via touch was enough to save it though :p

bobnine

Apr 18, 2008
Fronken said:
One of my all time favourite point-and-click adventure games is Neverhood, anyone else played it?, its really fun and its unique in the fact that Everything is made in clay and shot with Stop-Motion techniques. :)
Hell yeah, that game is awesome, the only good adventure game I've ever played.

OriginalUsername said:
Freedom Fighters was a great game that's rarely talked about anywhere ever.
Yeah I've played that, its pretty good, has a nice squad command system.

A game that no one I've met seems to have heard of is Oni, made by bungie before they turned to shit. Another random game Ive played is Operation Winback, I rented it not expecting much but it turned out to be half decent, its pretty similar to siphon filter.

Another game im always surprised so few people have heard of is tenchu.

Oh, and another awesome game is skyroads: http://www.abandonia.com/en/search_abandonia/skyroads

Maveric1984

May 14, 2008
Valkyrie Profile. The first game I played that had voice overs, and it was on the PS1. It also featured beautiful 2D sprites and backgrounds, an innovative battle system, multiple endings, and an engaging (if depressing) story. Since they rereleased it on the PSP, I hope more people have played this awesome game.

Oh, another great game is Warship Gunner 2 on the PS2. Naval warefare based around tech from WWII, but in an alternate dimention (made up countries and the like). Design and build everything from a destroyer to a battleship and carrier and take em into battle. It's cool that you can aim at someone on the horizon, and start pummeling them with shells from your 20" guns.

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
MK-Smash said:
All the .hack games.
Sure, they were repetitive, but i thought it was a genuinly fun
Dungeon-Crawler.

Please tell me someone agrees.
.hack games are probably my favourite rpgs of all time especially GU. Just wish they weren't in vols.

Broken.Longinus said:
What about Drakengard 1 and 2? Every time i mention them I get a "Huh?".
After plowing through the first game to get every single fucking weapon just to get the final ending that sucked I gave up on trying 2.

Anyone played mystic heroes? It was so funny how you kept hacking at the monster and they wouldn't fall down.

Cameoflage

Feb 5, 2008
Outcast. My entire family (except Mom) loved that game, although Dad was the only one who was actually good at it.

In a similar vein but somewhat earlier, Hocus Pocus.

noolli

Feb 5, 2008
Halo 3, i have never come across someone that has said to me " oh yer i nailed that level..." . lol jokin.

No one I know has ever played G-police on the ps1. I loved playing it and just flying around shooting civilians