Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Abedeus said:
Only Diablo 2 and Neverwinter Nights. They have little to no flaws.

Every other game has a flaw that I can relate to, but those two - none.
"Games that never lose their charm". I second this.

Christemo said:
Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
And this. Classic, entertaining, immersive and gorgeous music. Also timeless.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
System Shock 2
Freelancer
Hardwar
Morrowind
Gothic 1-2
Daggerfall
Diablo 1 (Fuck you 2!)
Parasite Eve series
Toy Commander
Monster Rancher for the PS1
----------------------
Games I will bash until the day I die.
Final Fantasy 7: (I've seen days of our lives episodes after never watching any other spide that made more sense then playing this game from start to finish!)
Halo 3: (It's Halo 2.. but with a 3! :D)
X3: Terran Conflict (Freelanceresque gameplay my aching ass!)
Diablo 2: (Was alright save for the fact multiplayer was no longer in the realms of allowing you to jump in late and easily catch up)
Runescape Member Content:
World of warcraft:
Everquest 2:

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Max Payne 2, Shadow of the Colossus, the Total War series, Baldur's gate series, Half life 2+.

Those are the first few that come to mind, so I guess they'd count as my top 5 long-time games too. :p

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I don't defend things, I try to understand/explain and justify them to those that don't. But defending anything is just asking for it because someone will find a key flaw SOMEWHERE. I like what I like, but if someone hates it big deal. Just don't get on my case about it like a giant ass.

But I may get a bit over zealous about things like Sonic 3 and Parodius. Hee hee.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
samtheninjaman said:
Saints Row 2. Probably the best game ever.
That game is WAY to gltichy to be consider even great. If it only been more polished....

My pick is TimeSplitters 2. Perfect in every way.

ROTMASTER

Dec 4, 2008
BIOSHOCK
as you can see my avatar pic is the brass balls bioshock achievement for beating the game on hard without using a vita chamber

CourtingDisaster

May 8, 2009
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
I still play it frequently, and I will defend it against Civilization any day of the week.
I will admit that most arguments about games are futile... It's a lot of personal opinion.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Final Fantasy VII, Shadow of The Colossus, Silent Hill 2, Chrono Trigger, and the entire Metroid series (except the last two)

Jun 11, 2008
Final Fantasy 7, MGS games, CoD games, Guild Wars, Crash Bandicoot and thats about it that I can think of now not that all of those games would be commonly picked out for whatever reason.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
I would say valve games, bit I think that bandwagons a bit full already without me jumping on it. So lets go with...... Mirrors Edge. Oh and the Dynasty Warriors games, 'cos sometimes repetitiveness is fun!

Also...

Laura. said:
Far Cry 2! D:
Don't make me slap you!

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
World of WarCraft, Dead Space and Halo. They're all up there on my favourite games evarrr and I find myself twitching slightly whenever I hear another foamy-mouthed twat who can't formulate an individual opinion racks on any of them for the simple reason that it's the thing everyone else does.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Armored Core.

Because it's truly the only thing in the universe better than Starcraft, Half Life and Final Fantasy 7 combined. AND it doesn't get the hype it deserves. It shall truly remain a quiet hit.

And I love it enough to admit it has it's flaws, but truly it still doesn't get the respect it deserves.

rintasja

Mar 27, 2009
Hitman, Splinter Cell, Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect, Assasins Creed and Lego Star Wars