Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

clzark

Aug 21, 2009
Woodsey said:
clzark said:
mmmmm I can see myself defending some of my favorite games, but not all. No matter how much fun a game is it's gonna have at least one serious flaw
Since when?

There are plenty of games without serious flaws, just little niggles. That's why they may get 96 % and there's a few gameplay issues (for example) that hold them back.

A serious flaw would often imply something potentially game breaking.

EDIT: Sorry for double post but I can't delete the other one and I didn't quote it and then it wouldn't let me so I wrote it again.
this is one of those disscusions with no end to it because it's all a matter of opinion

I consider a serious flaw a noticable flaw.

I consider a horrible flaw a game breaking flaw.
please don't put words in my mouth

Jurassic Rob

Mar 27, 2009
None. If you are wlling to defend a game until you die, then I think that makes you a fanboy! I love games like Mass Effect and the new Batman game, but if someone I know doesn't like them and say they are shit, then who cares? It's not going to stop me enjoying them!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
clzark said:
Woodsey said:
clzark said:
mmmmm I can see myself defending some of my favorite games, but not all. No matter how much fun a game is it's gonna have at least one serious flaw
Since when?

There are plenty of games without serious flaws, just little niggles. That's why they may get 96 % and there's a few gameplay issues (for example) that hold them back.

A serious flaw would often imply something potentially game breaking.

EDIT: Sorry for double post but I can't delete the other one and I didn't quote it and then it wouldn't let me so I wrote it again.
this is one of those disscusions with no end to it because it's all a matter of opinion

I consider a serious flaw a noticable flaw.

I consider a horrible flaw a game breaking flaw.
please don't put words in my mouth
Sorry, I'd thought I'd written something about it being down to personal definition - I'm getting tired or going mad. I think I know which one I'd prefer.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
Laura. said:
Mewick_Alex said:
Laura. said:
Far Cry 2! D:
Don't make me slap you!
Don't make me destroy you!

See? FC2, the most hated game in The Escapist :|

(Mirror's Edge might need a little help defending itself too)
You're the first person I've ever seen try to defend it, what on earth did you like about it?

y8c616

May 14, 2008
MGS4; While i'm not exactly one of these fanboys who cant see the flaws with this game (cutscenes too long if you don't know the backstory etc) i think the game takes an unfair kicking; particularly by the Unskippable guys with their Metal Gear August feature

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:
B-I-O-S-H-O-C-K!!!!!
same here, that and the half-life series. Those are what i play to remind myself why i love games in general.

Akira Pilot

Jul 9, 2008
The Entire Metal Gear Series, Any game made by Valve, Epic, or Crytek. Saints Row 2, the Entire Fallout series, pre Bethesda, Bioshock, Team Fortress 2, Starcraft, Jak and Daxter series, Hulk (the one based off of the 2002 movie, I like that game) and Killer Instincts. I only do this if people care blind to their own ignorance why they can't see their game. BUt I love to poke fun at it as well because I keep hearing that "no game is perfect, they all have their flaws", which is the truest saying ever, but I still would defend those games. Oh yeah and God of War and Devil May Cry...
leave me alone.

ClaMs

Aug 30, 2009
Abedeus said:
Only Diablo 2 and Neverwinter Nights. They have little to no flaws.

Every other game has a flaw that I can relate to, but those two - none.
When I played Neverwinter Nights I found the whole inventory system as well as other minor features to be too similar to Diablo 2's. I effectively hated Neverwinter Nights because I loved Diablo 2 so much. I would have never imagined being in love with both.