Games you've wanted for years before finaly getting them and finding out they're actually just shit.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Fallout 3, got me really hyped up, since I love the originals. I bought it, and it was SHIT.

stiver

Oct 17, 2007
arcstone said:
I saw Cold Fear in a store once, and I thought it looked quite interesting.
I didn't buy it, though as I didn't have any money at the time.

As time went by I would then find that it where nowhere to be seen, and I never even heard of it again before, years later, finding it used in one of those shops where you can sell your old games.
So I bought it and found out at home that it was actually quite disappointing.
It was basically just a really bad RE4 clone with awful animation, a laser sight you could barely see and a parasite thing that was pretty much just las plagua's with a diffrent name.

Are there any games you've wanted to try out for years before finally getting ahold of it and finding out that it was really just shit?
that is actually quite impossible as it only came out a few months after RE4, and it takes more than a few months to copy another game completely.

Nikita89

May 24, 2008
Heroes of Might and Magic 4. Just a waste of money... While the 3. Heroes was simply... perfect!

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Why must everyone in this thread declare the games they don't like to be shit? Its an opinion people, not a fact!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Soul Calibur 3. Granted, "shit" is probably too strong a word, but I was seriously disappointed. It's much better in the arcade, but even there, I hate the AI and the Legend system...

Murian

Nov 23, 2007
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.

I played the first one some time after launch and liked it, and always wanted to have a crack at the second game but didn't get around to it til recently. I picked it up when it was cheap on Steam last month. That game is buggy as hell. The number of times it issued random commands to my squad without me pressing anything, the number of times they wouldn't do what they were told, the number of places where the level design was several steps past challenging and into frustrating or poorly designed...and the finale just outright sucked. I didn't see any of the bugs in it in the first game and frankly I don't think it was worth even the sale price of £7.49!

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
cas" post="9.103674.1617224 said:
Spore! I thought it was cute but they said it would be so big but it was just kinda like a bunch of lil games together. I hope the sims 3 is better :)[/quote

Don't be fooled into EA's plot, they never make anything good. It will just be the same game so save your money.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Skillswords said:
The infamous SCAMola said:
Mass Effect.
I wanted that game for so long, and when I finally bought it it was shite.
Agreed
If you were expecting a highly manageable squad shooter, or a very slow RPG, I'd agree. On any other grounds, I will have to hunt you both down and kill you. Sorry. Fan.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Half-Life 2. Has not aged well. Had I played it when it came out, I probably would have loved it. But I didn't; I waited several years, and found it to be a huge ball of meh when I finally got a PC good enough to run it.

"Wow, a physics engine; let's see how many tedious, convoluted puzzles we can make with it..."

Mr. Pink

Feb 4, 2009
Clive Barker's Jericho. I was actually sad. I knew I shouldn't trust that team system.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
Two Worlds. Rented it because the ads looked good, and the horrible gameplay/acting made me despise the time I wasted playing it.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
I was waiting for the Fallout 3 before even Fallout Tactics came out. I was satisfied with the Fallout 3 for some time, than it bored me so much, that I actually started playing Fallout 2 for the... I don't know, 8th time?

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
Fade To Black

Flashback was the best platformer game I've everplayed in my entire life.
When I realized there was a sequel released I bought Fade to Black years after it was released.
By God was that game entirely and utterly shit. I had 10000x more fun with its 2D predecessor than any of that sloppy Tomb Raider-clone. By God that was disapointing. No Wonder Delphi Software went bancrupt after that...