Gato Community College. (game thread)

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

He chuckled a bit at Sol, then shook he head when he offered his shoulder, so to speak. ?Thanks for the offer, but I?ve put those particular demons to rest.? Mostly.

"Actually, Vik, look. Am I really on the top of your list of problems within the team? Because if so, you need to stop thinking about me and start examining how the group is as a whole. You either need to step down from the role as "boss" and become the leader, or you need to appoint one. Because even I can see that all we have now is a mess. And that's not my fault. I really like the others, they're nice kids and demons and angels and all that. But, in my professional opinion, our teamwork is not working, and no physical training is going to fix that. You're asking me to rely on people where some of them don't even trust themselves, but that's just my professional opinion as an experienced hunter and master thief, you can feel free to ignore it."

That caught him off guard a bit, but the damned thing was that Solomon was right. ?Well, don?t let me keep you.? He replied, making a small ?shoo-ing? motion as Sol backed towards the door. Alone once more, he slumped in his seat and stared blankly at the wall. He?s right, I?m no ?leader??at least not for something like this. The job required a deft hand and a light touch, like epee foil fencing?and he knew he was more like a battle axe. I need to get them to recall me, Milo or Irina would be much better at this.

He woke up his computer and began to compose an e-mail requesting a transfer from this situation, when his phone buzzed. Looking at the message, he sighed. ??

Yvette

Yvette looked up in surprise as a rather demon-y looking woman stood over the couch.

"You must be Yvette. I'm Sierra, Viktor has probably complained about me, or more likely said nothing, either way, 'hi'." Sorry. Anyway, we can have a proper introduction later, right now I need sleep."

?Um..Hi, I-I? She stuttered, finding herself a bit flustered at Sierra?s introduction; but before she could get a real response sorted out, Sierra was off. ?Hey that?s my r-? The door clicked shut. ?-oom.? She felt so confused. That wasn?t helped by the message that there was going to be another meeting. Fortunately she didn?t have to go anywhere for that one. The outer door opened once more, and she sat up to look over the back of the couch. ?Oh, hey Mirabelle. Um, do you know someone named Sierra? Tall, crystal looking horns and wings??

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Thanks for the offer, but I've put those particular demons to rest."

You sure?

Sol decided not to ask aloud. It would be rude to, and besides, he didn't need more on his plate. Even if he had been the one offering it.

"Well, don't let me keep you."

Sol noted the lack of reply about the team thing from Vik's side, and gave the kind of bow you'd only see in movies about people from history. Voice dripping with serious respect, he spoke, his bow elegant. Had it not been for his sarcastic and amused tone, one might think he was serious. "With your permission, M'lord." He winked. "Seriously though, I'm a good boy now. You can rely on me."

Leaving Vik with those words, he thought about what he had heard. He had to admit that, to a certain extent, Vik was right. Not only about Luke, but about Sol. And Sol knew that, he knew him withdrawing himself from the others when it felt like some connection might be made was a bad thing, especially as he seemed to be one of the only ones trying to reach out to the others. But it annoyed him that he got all the focus, or so much that Vik considered trying to get him fired.

But what can change the group dynamic?... Well, Juliet's good at reaching out.

She'd tried to give the others possibilities to bond, and, out of everyone there, she was the only one who had noticed Sol wasn't feeling right. Or the only one who had cared enough to reach out, one or the other.

Vik probably doesn't even consider that he's got her. She could probably help him, if he managed to get her interest back.

At least, in Sol's mind, it seemed obvious that the reason Juliet wasn't attending the training was that it was uninteresting to her.

Perhaps I should talk to her. Her turning up might make Vik more pliable, and if Juliet could make the group work together...

Yeah, that could work. It could definitely work. He'd be a good boy while working towards gaining trust. And, then there would be less of a chance of someone dying because of bad team work. And Vik was overworked either way. And, best of all, Sol didn't need to do that much, which was good considering how occupied he was with Luke at the moment. Luke and studies.

Speaking of which...

He lifted his phone to see what the time was, but noticed he'd gotten a message a while back, from a little after his meeting with Vik. It was about a team meeting an hour later, though at this point it was more like 15 minutes.

That's what I get for turning it on silent mode.

Sol wasn't exactly dependant on his phone, so he didn't have the habit of checking his messages. Heading back to the dorms, he made it there in good time and took an empty seat in the common room. Taking off his shoes so that he could pull his feet up as well, Sol was content greeting the others with a cheerful "Hi, how'r ya doing?".

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
William

"Maybe, it's more complicated then I make it sound. The only way I could tell for sure is if I had the details of how you got your powers, them compare that to what I know."

Will was going to reply, though a bit unsure of himself if he should tell them about his past. Though before he could say anything, everyone was tired and heading out. Sighing a bit, as he let them go. Heading back to the room to rest a bit himself, mostly going on the computer to waste some time.

Though as soon as he got to sit down in his chair, he got a message about a meeting. "Darn it.." Will said as he got back up and head towards the meeting room. Wondering what happen to make them call meet up so soon.

Tomas

Tomas bid farewell to everyone else as they all decide to split up. Tomas deciding to chat with a few of the others members. Seeing how they are doing with the training and such. As well as their thoughts on the new threat they have to deal with. Though within ten minutes, Tomas got a message about a meeting. Sighing as he started to head towards their dorm room where the meeting will be.

Walking in a few minutes later to see some of them already there. "Evening again.." Tomas said as he took his seat beside Mira. "Any idea what this meeting is about?" Tomas asked in a low voice, not wanting to disturbed the others.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
1 hour later

Seth walked in to see, most every one there. Sierra was missing, Seth shrugged internally "Some one tell Sierra, when ever she shows up, she needs to re-qualify for field missions." he started, not even questioning or seeming to care Sierra wasn't 'here'. "This team, as well as two others, has been selected for a special operation." pulling a file out of his jacket and setting it on the table. "We've obtained the location of a few Regalia 'bases', and we will be playing the role of janitor, and 'clearing out the trash'."

"There is also secondary objective, there is a VIP to locate and extract at one of the target locations." he said flipping to the picture of the VIP in-question. "He's one of ours. An under cover operative apparently, and he pressed the 'get me the fuck out' button. Seems he's concerned they might be on to him, ether way, we're going in after him, with the attacks on the other locations being a 'faint' to cover the fact we're really just going in for one guy." He explained to the group. "Any questions?"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"There is also secondary objective, there is a VIP to locate and extract at one of the target locations. He's one of ours. An under cover operative apparently, and he pressed the 'get me the fuck out' button. Seems he's concerned they might be on to him, ether way, we're going in after him, with the attacks on the other locations being a 'feint' to cover the fact we're really just going in for one guy. Any questions?"

"Just a couple," Sol said, hand raised. He got a bit uncomfortable by the situation. If the person in the picture was a human he had to be underage, right? And it had to be a human, because, well, wouldn't Regalia figure out if not? Being undercover was, supposedly, a very difficult task. Sam had talked a little about it when he spoke about his deal with the police, but it was an unpleasant memory so Sol's older brother had quickly explained it and then changed the topic. From the sound of it, however, it took a lot of guts and dedication, mixed with the ability to detach themselves from those they had to befriend during their time undercover. That did not sound like an easy task.

"Are we the ones who'll get the secondary objective? Or are we just "cleaning up", as you said? And... well, this is mostly for the sake of my thoughts, but why did you send someone as young as that?" He hoped Seth would reply with that the boy in the picture was actually a vampire or some sort of creature that could be hundreds of years without ageing. Or a human who had somehow managed to stay young for that long. A 100 year old going undercover felt less wrong than a boy.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Any questions?"

Juliet thought for a moment, and listened to Sol's questions when he brought them up. Briefly she wondered how difficult it would be to get her own agents into Regalia, then concluded it would likely be too difficult for too little reward.

"What sort of resistance are we expecting?" she asked "and what skills does our little operative have?"

He looks cute, if a bit young, she thought looking at the image. I wonder what sort of creature he is, human or otherwise. The mission didn't sound terribly difficult, and she was eager to test out the powers she'd claimed in the demon realm against real opponents.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

Viktor smiled at the thought of doing a little ?housekeeping? with Regalia; they had debts owing, and he wanted his pound of flesh, so to speak. The split mission types, on the other hand, gave him pause. While his team was definitely more suited to the quieter asset extraction, he really wanted to hurt some people. One more reason why I shouldn?t be here? His grin had quickly twisted into a frown.

"Are we the ones who'll get the secondary objective? Or are we just "cleaning up", as you said? And... well, this is mostly for the sake of my thoughts, but why did you send someone as young as that?"

?Good points, but Sol, is that last one worth distracting ourselves over right now? He?s there and needs and out, worry about the ?why? once we get back.? Old voices from when he was still learning to hunt Nazi?s and Soviet?s filtered through his mind. Focus on the mission as it stands. The big picture is good, but when the enemy is before you and the bullets are around you, the ?now? is what?s most important.

"What sort of resistance are we expecting? And what skills does our little operative have?"

He shifted in his seat and waited for Seth?s response; those two were on the ball enough that he had nothing to ask.

Yvette

She sat near the back of the room and did her best to deal what felt like a minor panic attack. Yes, her father had trained her a bit, and yes she?d expanded it, but all this talking and ?mission planning? made it really sink in for her. OhfuckIdon?tknowifIcandothisfuckfuckfuckfuck. She didn?t know if she could actually fight someone; sure she drew he sword on Daniel, expecting a fight, but that?d been 1% instinct and 99% panic-driven terror. There ?d been no time to really think, only react?but now?now she?d have time to think, to possibly have to injure or kill someone with intent. She could feel her heartrate rising again. Stopitstopitstopityou?renothelping!

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"This team, as well as two others, has been selected for a special operation." Seth said as he pulled out a file, and began the meeting that he had messaged everyone about an hour ago. "We've obtained the location of a few Regalia 'bases', and we will be playing the role of janitor, and 'clearing out the trash'." The mere mention of Regalia seemed to put everyone on edge, judging from the expressions Daniel saw.

"There is also a secondary objective, there is a VIP to locate and extract at one of the target locations." Seth then turned over to the next page on the projector, giving them a glimpse of what this undercover operative looked like. Well, based on first impressions, he certainly looked young, and fairly average for a human; though Daniel wagered some girls would find him cute with those baby blues, and some older women too, if they were into that sort of thing.

"He's one of ours. An undercover operative apparently, and he pressed the 'get me the fuck out' button. Seems he's concerned they might be on to him, either way, we're going in after him, with the attacks on the other locations being a 'faint' to cover the fact we're really just going in for one guy."

Well, that is certainly a clever plan of subterfuge. Draw the enemies attention with one action, whilst you sweep in with another whilst they are distracted or otherwise unaware of your objective. However, this did get Daniel thinking of possibilities that it might not appear as it seems. Though that could have been Daniel's predisposition and history with Regalia talking. When it came for questions, Sol and Juliet piped up with a couple of rather sensible ones. Daniel had one of his own, but it could wait until the next round of questions.

Sat next to him was Yvette, and he could tell that the young Nephilim was shaking like a leaf or if it was a particularly cold day. Weighing up his options, Daniel gently put a hand on Yvette's shoulder, hoping it might calm her down.

"Nervous I take it?" He asked quietly, not wanting to draw attention.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Oh, hey Mirabelle. Um, do you know someone named Sierra? Tall, crystal looking horns and wings?"

Mirabelle was a bit surprised that Yvette even knew her name, mostly because she thought that Sierra wouldn't bother introducing herself in the tired state she seemed to be in...that, and she wasn't expecting Yvette to be in the common room. Still, she figured that it was only fair that Yvette know about Sierra a bit too. "Uh...yeah. She's an old teammate of ours. She left a couple of months ago though for the demon realm though, mostly to figure out more about Regalia's guns and other devices...from what i understand at least." With a quick hi to Sol as he came in, Mira continued filling in Yvette on Sierra, though mostly it was just answering any questions that Yvette had.

After the hour passed, the meeting finally began and they learned just why they had been called together. Apparently they needed to either assault one of Regalia's places or get someone out of there, the distinction being very important for Mirabelle, since it decided what she would bring. Luckily Sol already had that covered so instead she began wondering about something else. Mostly she thought about any traps or resistance...but then she began to wonder. After all, you most likely don't just send one spy in. It be impossible to know if they had been caught or compromised without someone else there to help keep an eye out. Of course, it also could have been too risky to have multiple people in. Either way, the fact that she didn't know which it was made it more imperative to ask, especially since she figured that none of their group wanted to be accidentally taking out the schools own agents.

"Um...do we know if there are any more undercover agents at any of the other locations? Anyone we should avoid attacking if possible?"

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Tomas

Tomas listen to the details of the upcoming mission. Wishing he was part of the group that was assaulting instead of getting someone out. Though a mission is a mission so he will do it. Though he did wonder how a dragon is suppose to help much on this mission if this is a "get someone the fuck out" type.

Raising his hand as he asked after everyone else got their questions answered. "So we are the ones chosen to get this guy out..What happens after we get him to the extraction point? Whats our plan of leaving the area? Plane? Car? Some magical bullshit?"

William

Will listen to the debriefing and was about to asked his own question, but most of his were already asked and answered. Wondering what kind of defenses they will have at this base. As well as what could this guy do. He would have to be pretty good to be hiding among a bunch of racist who wants to kill all non-humans and any of their friends who were humans.

William sighed, wishing the world wasn't this terrible. Looking around at the others as he could see different reactions on their faces. Though the one who caught his eyes was Yvette who seem to be having a small panic attack. Only reason he could tell, was he ran through the same thing when he first started. Perhaps he would need to give her a pep talk to help her out. Viktor helped him, and he isn't the scared little boy any more.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"Nervous I take it?"

Yvette let out a small ?eep?, and flinched as Daniel?s had touched her shoulder. ?Oh?it?s just you?? She replied, her cheeks flushing slightly. ?Nervous? No, fucking terrified is more like it.? She said, keeping her voice barely above a whisper. ?I-I guess it?s just the reality of what?s going?and what I might have to do?is starting to sink in.?

A shiver rippled through her body, and she slumped forwards, burying her face in her hands. ?I think I?ve made a big mistake.? Chuckling softly, she turned to look at the angel. ?When I saw you, somebody who I knew would kill me, I acted?I would?ve been doomed, but I still made to fight; but the thought of fighting these Regalia people? I don?t know if I could raise my sword against them, even knowing what they?ve done, and will do??

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"So we are the ones chosen to get this guy out..What happens after we get him to the extraction point? Whats our plan of leaving the area? Plane? Car? Some magical bullshit?"

"Are we the ones who'll get the secondary objective? Or are we just "cleaning up", as you said? And... well, this is mostly for the sake of my thoughts, but why did you send someone as young as that?"

"What sort of resistance are we expecting?, and what skills does our little operative have?"

"I'm told the 'correct technical term' is 'magic mother fuckery', Tomas" Seth snarked, before continuing on.

"A 'taxi' will be waiting at extraction, and yes, we're the ones going in to pull him out, as well as doing a bit of 'clean up', can't leave any potential witnesses in this op, otherwise trying to fake them out by hitting several locations at once would be meaningless." Seth said, kind of ignoring the part of Sol's question about why he set some one 'so young' in. Partly cause Viktor already handled it and partly because he was tired of saying some variant of 'I'm not in total control of Gungnir so I don't know everything that goes on in it.'

Instead he moved on to Juliet's questions. "Everything we've seen so far from them is conventional human weaponry, with the exception of the anti-magic ammo we're already familiar with, so you'll wanna keep that in mind, as for his ability's. Apparently he's a bit of a blow hard, what with the wind magic he supposedly has."

"Also keep in mind, we do have a team getting some body armor ready for you and the other teams. Specifically, body armor to eliminate that special ammo as an issue." Seth added in case anyone was worried about that. "Anything else?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Oh...it's just you..." Yvette said in quiet surprise, her cheeks ever so flushed. "Nervous? No, fucking terrified is more like it."

"I-I guess it's just the reality of what's going...and what I might have to do...is starting to sink in." She added, keeping her voice quiet.

Ah, your first taste of actual combat outside of training sessions. I can see how that would be daunting.

"I think I've made a big mistake." Chuckling softly, Yvette turned to look at Daniel.

"When I saw you, somebody who I knew would kill me, I acted...I would've been doomed, but I still made the decision to fight, but the thought of fighting these Regalia people? I don't know if I could raise my sword against them, even knowing what they've done, and will do..." Daniel paused to think for a moment, obviously Yvette needed her spirits lifted, but how best to do it he wondered.

"Where would you have gone if not here? Can't imagine there are many places like Gato in the world." He said with an encouraging look before continuing.

"Listen, it wasn't that you knew I would kill you, but rather you thought I would kill you based on what you had been told; I don't blame you for how you acted. But you know better now, for me at least. But these people called Regalia, they despise people like those here at Gato, and would stop at nothing to destroy such a valuable institution. Would you want something like that to happen?"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Good points, but Sol, is that last one worth distracting ourselves over right now? He's there and needs and out, worry about the 'why' once we get back."

"It's not," Sol admitted, scratching his stubbles. "And I know, sorry, it was just an impulse. I'll refrain from voicing unnecessary worries in the future," he said in a matter-of-factly tone, though he made sure to let Vik know he hadn't taken any offence or anything like that. He turned his attention to Seth, who was busy answering questions. He also noticed that Yvette didn't seem to be having the best time at the moment, and wondered if it was nerves or anything else, though he didn't feel like calling her out on it right now would be the best thing to do in order to help.

"Everything we've seen so far from them is conventional human weaponry, with the exception of the anti-magic ammo we're already familiar with, so you'll wanna keep that in mind, as for his ability's. Apparently he's a bit of a blow hard, what with the wind magic he supposedly has."

Sol sat up and looked at Seth, directly into Seth's eyes, pushing his hat back to add to the effect. He then raised his eyebrow, though if Seth noticed it, he didn't say anything.

Really? Did you just make a terrible pun during briefing?

It wasn't even chuckle-worthy due to pure stupidity, it was just kinda, no. Nope. He halfway hoped it hadn't been on purpose, just because that almost made it sort of okay.

"Also keep in mind, we do have a team getting some body armor ready for you and the other teams. Specifically, body armor to eliminate that special ammo as an issue. Anything else?"

He glanced over at Yvette, wondering if he should tell Seth about that. However, Daniel seemed to be figuring things out, and they'd have to rely on Yvette to tell them if it got too much.

Some of that trust Vik went on about, right?

Instead, he thought of his plans with Luke, and halfheartedly held his hand up before asking.

"Well, I assume this is going to be mentioned soon either way, but I figured I might as well ask; exactly when is this mission taking place?"

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

"Anything else?"

He was glad to hear about the special armour. He?d seen pictures of what those specialized rounds did to their targets, and he?d rather not have that happen to any of ?his? people. ?Got a quick question.? He called out, raising his hand slightly. ?We have a rough count on the numbers we may run into, or is this more of a ?make shit up as we go along?, type deal? You know, SOP for the clowns running the front desk of this circus??

Yvette

"Listen, it wasn't that you knew I would kill you, but rather you thought I would kill you based on what you had been told; I don't blame you for how you acted. But you know better now, for me at least. But these people called Regalia, they despise people like those here at Gato, and would stop at nothing to destroy such a valuable institution. Would you want something like that to happen?"

?No, I don?t.? She replied, shaking her head softly. ?They?re class A assholes, who have no problem murdering those they fear?but I don?t know if I could do it.? A large part of her wanted to break down in tears out of sheer frustration at the whole thing, but that wouldn?t accomplish anything but draw attention to her, so she did her best to quash the feelings. ?I don?t want to sink to their level?I don?t want to risk becoming like them.?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Well, I assume this is going to be mentioned soon either way, but I figured I might as well ask; exactly when is this mission taking place?"

"We're really just waiting on the equipment to be finished, and we aren't going to mobilize till all our people are covered. No ETA just yet, I had to pull some of my people in to speed things up since the original ETA for completion was 3 weeks, but rough guess? 3 days. I'll be confirming that, after this, and I'll fire off a group wide message when I know for certain."

"We have a rough count on the numbers we may run into, or is this more of a 'make shit up as we go along', type deal? You know, SOP for the clowns running the front desk of this circus?"

"That we do. The target location has, on average, roughly 30 hostiles. Our boy was even kind enough to make sure we had a map of the building as well."

"One final thing. Try to not destroy the any Intel sources like computers and what have you, there might be valuable info tucked away in them" Seth added.

"If there's nothing else, the meeting is officially over, I'll leave you all to prepare, and do remember to remind Sierra about qualifying for field work." He said, and turned directly toward Viktor. "A moment of your time 'old friend'? There's something you and I should discus."

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Tomas

Tomas nodded at the information and mostly just ignored the joke that Seth said. He wasn't in the mood to play around. Wondering what he should do to prepare as he started to leave. Though stopping and looking over at the others, wondering if they needed any help. Daniel and Yvette seem to be chatting amongst themselves. Though Yvette seems to be having some sort of trouble, but Daniel looks like to be helping her out. Perhaps he would need to check up on her later.

He doubted Sol would need any help as he seems to be very good at handling things by himself. As well as lately he wants to be alone, probably something to do with his relations with Luke. He would rather not get tangled up with Juliet, as she seems to be going on a "spree" of sorts to feed her new powers. Then he spots Mira and she could always use help with one of her experiments. Walking up to her as he tapped on her shoulders. "Need any help with anything before the mission?"

William

William got up after Seth ended the meeting. Walking over to Daniel and Yvette though stopping a few feet away when it seems Yvette was going through some trouble. Though what he wasn't sure. Will thought it might be because she just scared of going on a dangerous mission. Though after a moment Will walks over and smiles. "Hey, Yvette. Daniel." He looked at each of them before saying, "Something wrong?" He hoped he wasn't overstepping his boundaries.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"No, I don't." Yvette replied with alongside a gentle shaking of her head to confirm. "They're Class A assholes, who have no problem murdering those they fear...but I don't know if I could do it." Poor kid looked as though she was about to let loose the floodgates on tears, but they didn't need to create a scene, not now, not at a crucial juncture. "I don't want to sink to their level...I don't want to risk becoming like them." All Daniel could do at first was let out a small chuckle at that first remark, he was a little surprised at first, but then kinda happy at the same time.

"Well well, never would have thought that I would hear the child of Raphael call someone a Class A Asshole. I must admit, I'm actually kind of impressed Yvette." He said as he gave a reassuring look.

"But on a more serious note; I don't think your heart would let you stoop to such a level as the bastardry that Regalia employs, that, and of course, your father would probably want to have some words with you. Unlike those people, you're not fighting based on some misguided ideology of hatred and intolerance; but rather, you're acting towards an outcome for a better tomorrow. And it's a battle you won't be fighting alone." Throughout all this, Daniel hadn't noticed the presence of Will, it was only when the boy spoke that he did.

"Hey, Yvette. Daniel. Something wrong?"

"Yvette here has some pre-mission nervousness. First time out in the field and all, so I'm trying to lift her spirits. How about you Will, prepared for what is about to happen?" Daniel asked in response, hoping that maybe a second opinion on things from someone who was in a similar position that Yvette was in not too long ago might help.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Well...considering that Seth didn't answer her question...she could only assume that there weren't anymore of their spies in any of the bases. Still, from what he said, it seemed like they were just going to up make an assault on the base...which she guessed meant that she could finally field test her hammer. Of course, she still needed to complete the cartridges for it, but she could hopefully get that done in the three days it would apparently take. That said she still needed to know what to fill them with...and considering the nature of the mission and the state of her hammer, it was probably best to make a few back up potions for healing and such.

"Need any help with anything before the mission?"

Mirabelle blinked for a second, snapping out of thought, before looking at Tomas. She hadn't even realized that she had slipped into deep thought on the matter. Still, Tomas was offering to help...it would probably be best to let him. After all, she had a tall order to fill, even if she thought she could get it done in time. Having an extra pair of hands helped, and besides, it's hard to screw up a healing potion in a way that would harm oneself, and she highly doubted the idea that he could be bad enough to do that.

"Yeah, sure. I need to make some healing items and get the last of my hammer done by the deadline so...thanks for offering." She paused for a moment after that, suddenly considering something. Of course, she couldn't know until they tested it...and they would have to kill a few hours if she did actually take damage...but she did have to know. Better to be injured for a bit than an accidental liability during the mission.

With that, she turned to Tomas again and, hoping that they weren't going to be overheard, quietly said, "Also...this may sound a bit unorthodox...but in a bit, i'm going to need you to hit me."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

A rough count on hostiles, and even a MAP? Things are looking better. He thought to himself. Maybe, just maybe there was somebody in Admin that had a fucking clue. As the others began to file from the room, he stood to do the same, when Seth addressed him directly.

"A moment of your time 'old friend'? There's something you and I should discus."

?If we?re friends, I need to really raise my standards.? He chuckled as he strolled over. ?So oh ?Great Un-throned One, what do you want??

Yvette

"Something wrong?"

"Yvette here has some pre-mission nervousness. First time out in the field and all, so I'm trying to lift her spirits. How about you Will, prepared for what is about to happen?"

Looking away from Daniel, she gave Will a tight lipped smile. ?Well that?s a polite way to state it. I?d have gone with ?pants shitting-ly terrified freak-out? but that?s just me.? She said with a rather humorless chuckle. Though that said, she was curious about how Will seemed to be keeping his calm, considering the impression she?d gotten from talking to people, he?d just about been jumping at his own shadow when he?d joined.