Gay Gamers Want Dragon Age 2 Writer Fired

Joshica Huracane

Feb 21, 2011
wow.. people are hard to please.. whats the point of sticking up for someoneone, when they just turn around and try to get you fired?
(oversimplifying this, clearly but still.)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I actually Facepalmed at this -.-

*Sigh* the human race will never cease to amaze me -.-

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Can I start a petition for people to stop making petitions....

Also...if you fire him...isnt that violation of Free Speech?

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Wow...thats sad in a funny way. I at least give the guy credit he is at least trying to make an olive brach. What message this sent to developers is "Don't rock the boat, don't change the norms, leave everything the same." Way to go, gay protesters.

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
CM156 said:
Qwery me this, Gay Gamers: Would you prefer then there were no gay romances?
I think Anders was the only agressive one (Fenris was fine to leave me be), and that was more due to his personallity in this game, rather than his homosexuality. This only proves that Bioware fans will never be happy, no matter what you give them.
Please don't paint gay gamers with such a broad brush. As a bisexual male in a 10-year relationship (and a home, mortgage, pets, etc.) with both my wife AND my male partner, I can say that most LGBTQ folk I know had absolutely nothing but praise for the writer.

This was one fan; one man. He's entitled to his opinion but I'd wager 99% of the gay community was thrilled with what the Bioware writer did to include gays and bisexuals in his romances written for the game.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
er...what's ur deal, man

haha I mean like, it's not like straight guys don't get the whole "unable to be normal people and think [about] nothing but sex" too...from what girls say about us bahaha

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
Huh, it's odd at that, I played DA2 and when I wasn't the gay person I didn't recieve rivalry points from any of the bisexual cast on the game. I honestly wonder why people get their knickers in a twist over this, I am male, and straight, I have played the game several times now as both a straight and gay person and none of it bothered me at all, maybe I'm just odd, but the relationships that you got into really weren't made for a specific person, they were made for everyone, so anyone that has a complaint about it really should shush down while the rest of us try and enjoy our games.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Stupid if you ask me. People complain its mnot in the game, bioware adds it and they still ***** about cuz its stereo typing? Well wtf cant win with these freaken stupid people. They should have just left it the way it was in that case.

Herr Wozzeck

Oct 23, 2009
Jeez, Bioware just can't get any love lately. I mean, there are the numerous PR snafus that have occurred with DA2, there's the fact that ME2's Arrival DLC showed up very late for PC gamers everywhere and thus created another snafu that ended with someone calling Chris Priestly incompetent... and now there's this.

I don't even think DA2 is anywhere near as bad as everyone is making out to be. I mean, I just got out of the Deep Roads expedition, so I haven't seen the whole story yet, but I still think all this "ZOMG DA2 IS TEH WORSTEST GAME EVAHS!!!11!1!" and "I don't like Dragon Age 2, and I want people to be fired for it" is getting massively out of hand. I mean, hell, the Shepherding Wolves quest is one of the most profound quests I have played in any game ever-- and that's if it's not the most profound quest I have played in any game ever. I'll see as I get further into the game, but it can't be bad enough that people want the entire writing staff fired!

And then this happens. This guy has to be a troll. There's no way he could be serious about this.

So yeah.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
ok, I haven't played the game yet, but from the descriptions I've heard of the character, maybe he IS the kind of person who would get offended if someone rejected his advances.

And another thing, You can't just demand a writer be fired because his story offended you. Even if he did make a character that was little more than a collection of stereotypes, he didn't do it out of malice, it sounds like he genuinely wants to expand the role of gays in the medium.

Don't get all upset just because he didn't get it right the first time!

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I thought it made sense that Anders got pissed after turning him down. I'd be upset if someone turned me down.

Otherwise, this is just ridiculous. GRAH! Upsetting a character makes me lose rep? Who would have thought?

EMO_of_LiGHT

Jan 25, 2009
I don't have time to read every post so I apologize in advance if this was already said, but I would just like to point out that Gaider didn't write Anders for DAII. He wrote him in Awakening where he was non-romancible, but another writer, Jennifer Hepler, took over for this game. It's preposterous too call foul over characters personalities, Isabella and Anders tend to be more direct with their "feelings" while Merril and Fenris are more reserved (they do drop hints in conversations that you can over hear, though). This happens regardless of the gender/sexuality of Hawke. This kind of poor judgement and lack of research shows that the one who originally posted this comment was simply being a troll and he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
For one, the characters are bi, not gay.
Then consider the fact that Dragon Age has been more acceptable to homo/bisexuality then just about any game ever. I thought the writing was great. Who can honestly believe Gaider would portray homosexuality in a negative light? He completely blasted the guy who wanted a gay off switch, and rightfully so.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Fenris never pulled that. Anders certainly did, though. Anders was pretty aggressive.
Maybe Justice messed up the way he reacts to people socially and made him more aggressive? I mean he became a spirit of Vengance and we all know what happens when a mage gets possessed by extreme spirits. Also in awakening I always had a hunch that he might have been Bi due to being a freedom loving individual that reminded me of Zevran. Also I think he hit on both the Dalish mage and Howe's son whilst I was playing...

Agiel7

Sep 5, 2008
Anders came on a too hard on my character when I was playing a FEMALE Hawke.

I think the real complaint is the fact that Anders all around was the worst written, most unlikable character in the game. A pretty far cry from the jovial, snarky Anders of Awakening.

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
Realitycrash said:
Okey, is this REALLY such a big deal? I mean..If I hit on you, and you turned me down, I'd be pretty upset too.
Where are the angry-feminist-mobs when you need them? I can think of several more on-the-spot criticisms for Dragon Age 2 concerning character design. Isabella and her giant knockers (every females giant knockers, come to think of it..Maybe Dragon Age just have better breedingstock?) comes to mind.
Forget Isabella's knockers, I could live with those. What's up with the way female Hawke (and any female in the game) runs? I mean, it's this weird, strange, girlie, 50's woman shimmy that looks exceedingly uncomfortable. They're warrior women for god's sake, why can't they run like any decent athletic person? Worse, it doesn't follow Hawke into the cutscene so half the time Hawke walks like a normal person and the rest of the time she's running like like her knees are knocking together with her arms swaying from side to side like little miss prissy.

As a woman, I think that was the most irritating.

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
This guy and his dickwad petition are the ones encouraging the stereotype.
"Here is one character, he acts this way."
"WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT"
"i never..."
"SHUT UP. YOU SHOULD BE FIRED"