Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I know it's a little off topic, but this is driving me ABSOLUTELY insane! Am I the only one to notice that Oreo left out indigo from their color scheme? Perhaps it's all of those physics classes coming back to haunt me.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
It looks like it's time for me to buy oreos. I hope they do come out with rainbow ones, if they haven't already; those look tasty.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I wouldn't be able to eat that Oreo. It looks far to long and thick to fit in my mouth, and I don't think I could handle that much cream filling, It would just end up all over my face.

In all seriousness though, Kraft supports the gayness? That should be the big news here, as Kraft owns half of freaking everything we eat. Pick an item in your pantry and Google it, chances are it's made by Kraft. The fact that they've come out (ha) in support of gay rights is pretty big news, and could have a heavy impact on the debate.

...Or maybe everyone else already knew they were supporters and I'm just an idiot. Both of these things could be true.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, I would never buy a rainbow Oreo cookie. Mostly because it's pretty fucking huge and I can't open my mouth to cover that entire thing. Also, I don't like Oreos. Crunch is where it's at.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Hiname said:
"MOMMY~~ Can we get some Oreos please?"
"NO."
"Why not?"
"They support gays and are evil!"
"So gays and evil tastes awsome and goes good with milk?"

Yup, good luck with that folks.
"Mummy, what does 'gay' mean?"
"Not now; mummy's writing a petition to ban everything ever."

OT: Wow, this is sad, but I don't think calling homophobes "morons" is going to help much. Really, the best strategy is to be the better person and acknowledge their entitlement to their opinion; it really throws them for a loop. :)

"Forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much" - Oscar Wilde

PS: Time to go buy some oreos :D

Zortack

Mar 19, 2009
I'm confused, can someone please explain to me why and when in the English speaking world, 'liberal' stopped meaning an adherent of the philosophy of 'liberalism' and instead became another word for whatever it's supposed to mean today?

Because technically, the believe that a small government is critical to an individuals freedom to develop himself is part of that philosophy. Which includes but is not limited to not being taxed more than absolutely necessary or not being forced into an health care insurance. Or basicly finding any form of government interference undesirable unless it's critical to the greater good (defense, police). So why exactly aren't Republicans considered 'liberals'?

I feel like this word has been hijacked, and undeservedly so. We owe a great deal to histories liberals. Im sure the founding fathers would've considered themselves liberals, they believed in the spirit of liberalism afterall.

This is all very confusing.

Malgan

Jun 23, 2009
I disagree with this. I feel like it's cheap marketing. The amount of loudmouths are actually in minority, even though they make a big fuzz. I like eating stuff that does not have a political agenda, even though in this case I support the message to some extent. I like to choose my products on the account of price and quality. I'd really appreciate if political bullshit didn't infiltrate every god damn aspect of my life.

On another note, as a gay man I appreciate the support, and oreos are delicious.

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
You think Kraft could afford a better photoshop artist. Every layer is OBVIOUSLY cloned and recolored. They didn't even try to hide the repetitive imperfections. It would have taken 2 min to fix that image. Just pay me to make your cookie images! lol

Also... I want to eat that cookie. Who cares what the haters have to say. If anything, they indirectly led me to an awesome cookie with a good cause.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
So, idiots exist on facebook and spout there worthless opinions? That's not news that's one of the warning labels of the internet.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Oreo is owned by Nabisco which is owned by Kraft. Are they going to try to boycott the entirety of Kraft's products? Pretty sure that's damn near impossible. They make/own way too much stuff. Regardless, this makes me want to go out and buy as many packages of Oreo cookies as I can fit in my car even though I don't particularly like them.

edos63

Apr 5, 2012
Scrustle said:
After the backlash to the whole North Carolina thing I thought that this kind of stuff was dying out. There were so many people speaking out for gay rights. But this has killed that optimism. It shows that there are still so many idiots who are still so offended by homosexuality that they will go to the lengths they have to get riled up over a fucking biscuit. Stupid religious bigots. It makes me weep for humanity.

I did see something from this which was amusing though. I saw on Reddit that someone had spotted a post on Facebook regarding this by some self confessed bisexual. They were mocking the people boycotting Oreos saying they should boycott everything else that supports gay right. Like Google and Apple etc. They would be left with pretty much no modern conveniences.
don't worry. this does not mean that homophobia isn't on its way out. minority groups are always the most vocal

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Rage...rage!

Feelings... can't... can't... Ignorance... how?

Hooooooo, boy. How many of these fuckers are sinners themselves? I'm sure half of them have fucked before marriage. Isn't there quite the list of odd sins if you actually pay attention to the bible? Like cutting your hair or something? :s

EDIT: Here's a list of sins apparently. Please correct me if they're wrong, it was just a quick Google search and I've never been big on religion so I wouldn't know myself.

I'm actually on the verge of angry tears after reading those comments.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
I do not understand why people think that gay marriage is a political issue.

No matter who you vote form there will always be those who wish to wed those of the same sex. It is silly and immature to deny them.

Apr 17, 2009
Aaron Foster described Oreo parent company Kraft as "Yet another liberal company destroying our religious values and teaching immorality,"
Ah yes, religious values like
"Gays can all go kill them selves they are sinners and will burn in hell"
If thats what you mean by religious values, bring on the destroying I say

But the worst thing about it all? Kraft isn't actually going to sell this six-layer rainbow monstrosity; it was made exclusively in honor of Pride Week.
Aww....

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
It's disgraceful. The Oreo should have a single layer of rainbow-coloured cream, not six individual layers. And the food colouring better go all the way through too.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
When you take into account that interracial marriage between a black person and a white person was illegal once upon a time, I find it funny that most of these fuckers can accept what Oreos have been for decades now.

I wouldn't be surprised if these hate-spreading, bible thumping, inbred fucktards were from the South.