Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
This is why I'm no longer religious.

Scrolls written by bronze-age tribal savages that practiced deity-sanctioned genocide, rape and slavery translating into the modern age as rednecks becoming offended and outraged over a snack food producer owned by Phillip Morris (the cigarette manufacturer) proves it's all just a bunch of bullshit.

Then again... conservatives boycotting Kraft will be a good thing for them. The south won't be a mjority of overweight diabetics.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Ooof, I hate Oreo's personally but I almost feel like buying a bag to spite these people...

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Oh goody, time to put on my favorite hat.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

See, see I was right!! First it started with cereal going all rainbowy and shit to supposedly market themselves to kids. Though I think we're all in agreement that the real reason is that really they're just trying to desensitize our kids to that awful gay pride flag. *spits* It's an affront to the lizard shadow government that runs this great country.

Then there was the creation of Skittles. Oh don't think I'm not on to you Skittles. "Taste the rainbow," more like "Taste our brainwashing food coloring." By running a marketing campaign that causes both people and children to associate the rainbow with their satanic candy instead of the factual tale of how Noah saved the world when Xenu melted the polar ice caps by inventing the rainbow defense system that remains in place to this very day. The inspiration of which was given to him by the lord almighty. Though it's starting to weaken since it is powered by the sacred love aura given off by the holy union of man and woman. Which is being sabotaged by the gays.

Yes friends, the gays are evil agents of Xenu sent here to destroy the rainbow shield which has kept him from laying waste to our young 4,000 year old earth. Now they have sunk their villainous claws into the once righteous Oreo. Our allies grow few in this hopeless battle, but we will win. We will defend the earth so that our lizard overlords may continue to benevolently rule us from the shadows.

So condemn this multicolored symbol of oppression, and send the message that we were already conquered by a space faring civilization and that we are very happy under their rule. Open your eyes people, with the rise of the gays comes the fall of all life on the planet!!.

*removes tin foil hat*

So sayeth the Legion of Mad Fellows.

eye of the divine

Jul 22, 2009
I feel like this is quite sad, not in the petty way this is happened. The fact is religions teach tolerance and as soon as someone or a company admits they are they get swamped with hate. So much for treating others how you wish to be treated.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I find this offensive. The cream to cookie ratio is far too one-sided to actually taste good.

And good luck fitting that whole thing into your mouth.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
that cookie ... i wan ....

Andy Chalk said:
But the worst thing about it all? Kraft isn't actually going to sell this six-layer rainbow monstrosity; it was made exclusively in honor of Pride Week.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
*sobs*

OT:

the second i any religious 'reasoning' for anti-gay non sense, that person/group has lost all credibility with me, and i generally question they're intelligence.

but good on Kraft for supporting this, makes me want Oreo's

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
After the backlash to the whole North Carolina thing I thought that this kind of stuff was dying out. There were so many people speaking out for gay rights. But this has killed that optimism. It shows that there are still so many idiots who are still so offended by homosexuality that they will go to the lengths they have to get riled up over a fucking biscuit. Stupid religious bigots. It makes me weep for humanity.

I did see something from this which was amusing though. I saw on Reddit that someone had spotted a post on Facebook regarding this by some self confessed bisexual. They were mocking the people boycotting Oreos saying they should boycott everything else that supports gay right. Like Google and Apple etc. They would be left with pretty much no modern conveniences.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
"our religious values and teaching immorality"

Like:
Slavery,
Rapist being forced to marry his victim,
Ethic cleansing (aka genocide),
Pride and jealousy,
The mass murder of children,
Bigotry,
Abandonment of family,
Slaughtering animals to cure disease (like leprosy can be cured via killing two pigeon),
Anti-progress, science, and reason.

Huh...you know?
Maybe we SHOULD start destroying such things.
Might make us more civilized.

Threeseventyfive

Feb 25, 2012
I can't wait until Westboro Baptist gets word of this

Imagine it, giant cardboard signs everywhere reading "GOD HATES OREOS!" It'll be hilarious.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
This. Is. Fabulous! And I do mean "fabulous" with all the extra O's and U's in all-caps.

FABULOOOOOUUUUUUS!

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Threeseventyfive said:
I can't wait until Westboro Baptist gets word of this

Imagine it, giant cardboard signs everywhere reading "GOD HATES OREOS!" It'll be hilarious.
Haha, made my day <3
"This just in! OREOS MIGHT TURN YOUR CHILD GAY!"

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Tbh that cookie does not look appetizing. yeah. So thanks for not actually making it Kraft.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Torrasque said:
Quaxar said:
People who boycott a cookie company for religious beliefs are probably not entirely sane anyway.

Also, I'd so buy this rainbow Oreo if they ever made it.
6 layers of multicolour cream, who wouldn't?
Seeing this kind of ignorant blind rage makes me want to blindly go buy a box of Oreos.
Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with an Oreo.

I wonder why they haven't made me their chief of advertisement yet... or product design, I have a great idea for a crossover with Lego as a "build your own Oreo" project where cookies and cream are two seperate bricks you can build edible stuff out of. Whoops, better make this last part disappear. Move along folks, no million dollar ideas to steal here. Move along.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
When I first saw it, I thought that they were releasing a new cookie that had 6 multi-color layers of cream. Man, the disappointment I felt when they

1. Aren't actually selling the cookie.

2. Are apparently sharing messages of peace and getting boycotted and chewed out because of it.

I mean, dear God, its A FREAKING FACEBOOK PICTURE. It's not like they're teaching "it's okay to be gay" classes at the YMCA, you ignorant morons. I can't believe people will make such a big deal when a company says that everyone regardless of sexuality should have a happy life.

Do people even READ the Bible before they start screaming out prepared verses about the "sins" and "abominations" that are gay people apparently. Doesn't anyone remember "love your neighbor"? No? Well, crap.

felbot

May 11, 2011
my god when did the INTERNET become so sensitive all of a sudden? do we really need a new news story about comments on the INTERNET? its the INTERNET, everybody acts like dicks here.

also i hate my auto corrector.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Honestly, when I see that Oreo all I really think is "damn, I'd never eat that.. it's just way too much filling."

It's great to hear that Oreo is sticking to their guns on this one and, I'd imagine, "all" of the hate is simply just going to fuel views of the ad and inspire those who support it.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Also, this pretty much lays out why the supposed boycott participants will inevitably fail:

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
But the worst thing about it all? Kraft isn't actually going to sell this six-layer rainbow monstrosity; it was photoshopped exclusively in honor of Pride Week.
Unfortunately, fixed for you. Still, one can dream of such a god among biscuits one day being made...

Also, respect for Kraft for doing this and sticking by it - it's always fun to laugh at homophobes and feel smug in our tolerance, no matter what their marketing agenda (not that Oreos were especially lacking in popularity...)