Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
I am wholly insulted and disgusted with the OREO brand because of this.

I mean look at that thing. It's not a cookie anymore! It's a one-shot into a sugar coma made entirely of that cream. By God would that be a delicious death though...

OT: It's disturbing how some people are acting over all of this. Good that Kraft is sticking to their guns. Maybe we can continue to piss off those sort of people so they'll just leave. Forever.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Man, this kind of publicity stunt never fails to amuse me.

Y'see, companies supporting gay rights is a good thing, but it's not really big news until the wailing and gnashing of teeth starts. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect]

And they know this now. It's why they do it. They're counting on the howling and poo-flinging because they know that it will make people notice what they did and make everyone else like them more for it.

It's trolling for equality.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Comando96 said:
My opinion of Kraft has improved to neutral! Good on your guys for taking this monumentous step of supporting the gays... risking half of your consumer base due to their parents refusing to buy the immoral gay supporting sweet thing...
I mean the only thing they can do wrong now is to fuck with Cadbury's, or keep profiting from neo-slavery in the growing of the coco beans in Africa >.>
"Risking half of your consumer base" would be a gross exaggeration. The amount of people boycotting them over an ad they need to have seen first is dwarfed by the free publicity the controversy is giving them - not to mention that the demographic they are reaching through social media is much heavier in favour of gay rights than an average slice of population would be.

They are simultaneously playing the white knight controversy card, appearing socially forwards and in touch with the world, and piggy-backing on the whole gay pride movement. It's anything but high-risk.

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
ever notice how the last few followers of a lost cause get REALLY loud once it's become clear they've become irrelevant?

Obama has voiced his support for gay marriage. regardless of how you feel about that, you have got see which way the tide of history is flowing here.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I saw that and thought, "I wouldnt buy that package of Oreos... there too much cream and not enough cookie..."

What? I like the cookie part...

Oh, also, the guys getting all pissy about this are assholes, and I no longer care about them...

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
F Those guys who hate Oreos because they come out in support of Homosexuals. I myself am a fan of Oreos, and am A Catholic Deist, and I think god doesn't give a flying F who you fall in love with (As long as they consent, obviously). Good for you Kraft (And I guess to an extent, Nabisco), but I hope that oreo is all Vanilla Icing, cause the other flavors are disgusting.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
well that is a stupid boycott

the funny thing just by giving this attention the the people boycotting them have failed
it look like a move the company made just for publicity and by that stand point the boycotters are helping them get publicity

and they also failed because of this as well
Dangit2019 said:

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
First they become the poster cookie for interracial relationships now this? What's this world coming to?

Seriously though, people need to just shut up and let love rule. How is this even an issue still?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Looking at that Oreo I can't shake the feeling that it tastes like modeling clay, and yet I want to eat it.

That's controversy, right?

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
So, who else is buying Oreos next time they go to the store? I aaammmm!

(As you can see, I am totally for Oreo supporting equal rights. And if that Oreo was smaller and and all rainbow-ish, I would so buy them.)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Do they know that in Leviticus it also says we should go out into the desert and sacrifice a goat to Azazel?

O.O

Yeah I'm all for the teachings of Christ, awesome guy, but...I don't think we should be using the Old Testament as any sort of guide for life anymore.

Perhaps Azazel would prefer an oreo?

00DUMB

Apr 4, 2010
The sad part is, this isn't even representative of anything Jesus (that guy who's the CHRIST in CHRISTianity) ever came remotely to touching on. I doubt he even cared, much less said anything about it. Oh well, just another reason why I refer to Christianity as "Churchism."

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
you know, even if they made this for distribution, there is such a thing as too much icing! But really, this guy is tired of peopke being intolerent

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
As if we didn't already know that an oreo is representative of a gay, interracial threesome

True story.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
KeyMaster45 said:
Oh goody, time to put on my favorite hat.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

See, see I was right!! First it started with cereal going all rainbowy and shit to supposedly market themselves to kids. Though I think we're all in agreement that the real reason is that really they're just trying to desensitize our kids to that awful gay pride flag. *spits* It's an affront to the lizard shadow government that runs this great country.

Then there was the creation of Skittles. Oh don't think I'm not on to you Skittles. "Taste the rainbow," more like "Taste our brainwashing food coloring." By running a marketing campaign that causes both people and children to associate the rainbow with their satanic candy instead of the factual tale of how Noah saved the world when Xenu melted the polar ice caps by inventing the rainbow defense system that remains in place to this very day. The inspiration of which was given to him by the lord almighty. Though it's starting to weaken since it is powered by the sacred love aura given off by the holy union of man and woman. Which is being sabotaged by the gays.

Yes friends, the gays are evil agents of Xenu sent here to destroy the rainbow shield which has kept him from laying waste to our young 4,000 year old earth. Now they have sunk their villainous claws into the once righteous Oreo. Our allies grow few in this hopeless battle, but we will win. We will defend the earth so that our lizard overlords may continue to benevolently rule us from the shadows.

So condemn this multicolored symbol of oppression, and send the message that we were already conquered by a space faring civilization and that we are very happy under their rule. Open your eyes people, with the rise of the gays comes the fall of all life on the planet!!.

*removes tin foil hat*

So sayeth the Legion of Mad Fellows.
So does this also mean that George Zimmerman wasn't REALLY a racist asshole that just wanted to get high and go shoot some black kid with Skittles but was ACTUALLY trying to stop the gay agenda? That would probably be a better defense than what he's putting up now.
Lord Beautiful said:
I find this offensive. The cream to cookie ratio is far too one-sided to actually taste good.

And good luck fitting that whole thing into your mouth.
Honestly, I'm with you on this point. I bought a package of those Triple Double Oreos to piss of Pus Limpballs when he was saying that Kraft made them for\because of Obama and I really didn't care for them, they were just too much, I'll stick to regular or Double Stuf. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Baneat said:
As if we didn't already know that an oreo is representative of a gay, interracial threesome

True story.
BWAHAHA you nearly made me splurt cola all over my desk...

I'm going to the shop tomorrow to buy oreos (oh wait I'm really ill....MUM I WANT OREOS KAY? K!)