Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Where can I get me one of those crazy rainbow oreos by the way? There's enough cream in that thing to give someone a heart attack.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Attention, internet! Ahem.

GAY PEOPLE EXIST. I WOULD LIKE TO FORMALLY WELCOME YOU TO THE REAL WORLD.

Seriously, why don't you try this amazing new product, it's called "getting over it."

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
I can't wait for the day those liberal companies finally purge religion from the face of the world. Judging by the outrage, we are almost there.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Tanis said:
"our religious values and teaching immorality"

Like:
Slavery,
Rapist being forced to marry his victim,
Ethic cleansing (aka genocide),
Pride and jealousy,
The mass murder of children,
Bigotry,
Abandonment of family,
Slaughtering animals to cure disease (like leprosy can be cured via killing two pigeon),
Anti-progress, science, and reason.

Huh...you know?
Maybe we SHOULD start destroying such things.
Might make us more civilized.
Dude, I'm an atheist, but it doesn't help us when you say stuff like that. Sure, THESE christian people are using religion to justify atrocity, but that does not mean that all religous people do. There are LGBT christians too, the actions of the few do not define the actions of the many, and by putting them all together in the same way doesn't make anyone willing to listen to you.

OT, More power to Oreo, it's a risky move when you pretty much remove a large chunk of your consumer base, and I've gained respect for them as a company.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
CaptainMarvelous said:
Of course, upon learning it won't be sold, I'm buying a box of oreos and some food-dye so we can just go to TOWN on this. Also quoting George Takei "I remember they weren't fond of the original oreo with the black and white parts touching" which seemed somehow fitting.
"Oh my..."

Also, It's okay to be Takei.

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
I still think these people are idiots. Let's look at this objectively, shall we? They're boycotting a cookie company for supporting homosexuality. How many of these people drink coca-cola do you reckon? Coca-cola is known for destroying homes and landscapes with their industrial processes, and they want to talk about morality? Pfffffff.

I'm heterosexual/straight myself but even I will stand behind the gay pride supporters - support freedom of choice, hate small mindedness!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Quaxar said:
People who boycott a cookie company for religious beliefs are probably not entirely sane anyway.

Also, I'd so buy this rainbow Oreo if they ever made it.
I wouldn't, it looks like diabetes in biscuit form.

I'm wary about any biscuit that would actually make me do this:

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Dangit2019 said:
Do people even READ the Bible before they start screaming out prepared verses about the "sins" and "abominations" that are gay people apparently. Doesn't anyone remember "love your neighbor"? No? Well, crap.
You're being just as picky as they are. The flaw of virtually every Christian (and by extension, the other abrahamic religions) is that they claim the Bible is the word of God, God is almighty, blah de blah de blah, and then they go ahead and cherry-pick whichever bits they think are right anyway, and ignore the bits that they personally feel are 'out of date' and whatever else.

The sooner everyone accepts it's a contradictory, absolutely ludicrous piece of shit, the better.

OT: Good on the company, bad on the idiots. Anyway, Digestives are better.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
Of course, upon learning it won't be sold, I'm buying a box of oreos and some food-dye so we can just go to TOWN on this. Also quoting George Takei "I remember they weren't fond of the original oreo with the black and white parts touching" which seemed somehow fitting.
"Oh my..."

The problem I have with that slogan he coined is phonetically, it sounds like "it's okay to beat a gay". Somehow I don't think that's the message he wanted to put out...

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
And here I thought they couldn't possibly top the Triple Double Oreo...

Yeah I think that's says a lot when I care more about the cookie than the people raging over the ad.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Now I'm all for gay sex and that, but frankly I'm ashamed to hear that a movement I support is being simultaneously supported by the worst biscuit manufacturers around. Oreos are the devils turds. Their cardboard flavoured biscuit "bread" does nothing to mask the horrific taste of the slimy, sandwich filling.

DOWN WITH OREOS! SUPPORT PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO TASTY BISCUITS!
Jhooud said:
"John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Doesn't seem to mention anything about hammers and skulls. I think that's more Khorne's speed.
Hmmm, I'm no Christian, but I don't remember God sticking his wang in me.

Also... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
"Oh my..."

The problem I have with that slogan he coined is phonetically, it sounds like "it's okay to beat a gay". Somehow I don't think that's the message he wanted to put out...
Oh my....

I love George takei too much to say anything negative about him.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I am totally in the mood for some Oreos!!!

... And I am extremely saddened that I can't have my rainbow colored ones...

Seriously though, cusos to Oreo for standing up for a good cause!

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Honestly, I think the Oreo looks fucking gross. I mean... are the creams different flavors (and so help me if one of those is banana...), or does it still have the usual Oreo goodness but in a whimsical rainbow format?

Although I'm heterosexual (mostly, I'll admit), I totally wanna go to one of those "Pride Parades." I remember seeing a picture in the paper of a guy blowing bubbles. He looked quite happy with himself. Not to mention those guys and gals look like they know how to party... and I don't even like parties!

Something I will probably always find baffling is that even though we're well into the 21st century, why anyone still even remotely gives close to a fuck about all this is beyond me. Love and tolerance and peace deez nuts.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Stryc9 said:
Honestly, I'm with you on this point. I bought a package of those Triple Double Oreos to piss of Pus Limpballs when he was saying that Kraft made them for\because of Obama and I really didn't care for them, they were just too much, I'll stick to regular or Double Stuf. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
I personally found the Triple Doubles to be pretty damn awesome. I mean yeah, still a bit too much filling, but hey, it's an Oreo. It's kinda hard to screw up.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
I don't give a flying fuck about the controversy, I want that oreo to homogenize into a sickly shade of green in my stomach right now.