Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
Kragg said:
Eleima said:
Andy Chalk said:
Trevor Day pasted himself in the face with the Frying Pan of Unintentional Irony by stating, "Gays can all go kill them selves they are sinners and will burn in hell" while rocking a Neil Patrick Harris avatar
Most hilarious thing I've read all day!
Seriously though, that looks waaaay too sugary for my taste, too many layers, too much sugar, that just can't be good for you. XD
But yeah, apparently, some people skipped the "love thy neighbor" and the "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" lessons... I'm not all that religious, but I'm pretty sure that's not following the "WWJD" philosophy.
there has to be a screenshot of this neil patrick harris avatar thing, i googled but cant find it !
friend linked me this

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
Rainbow sherbet was rocking the multi-coloured look before it was 'cool', but despite the fact it happens to look like the pride flag i'm pretty sure most of the people to have posted against the campaign might still indulge in it. It's just a delicious cookie and it makes me question how much this really matters in the grand scheme of things.

To be honest, Kraft do own a lot of other brands as well as Oreo's, such as Cadbury's here in the UK. I totally support Gay rights, but if it was a case to allow homosexuality and no chocolate'I would no survive in a world without Caramel chocolate

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
But the worst thing about it all? Kraft isn't actually going to sell this six-layer rainbow monstrosity; it was made exclusively in honor of Pride Week.

I WANTED THAT COOKIE.

Why taunt us with something you would never give?

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I am deeply offended that they are not actually producing a six layered, rainbow-colored Oreo cookie. I demand my right to eat one an contract diabetes on the spot.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
Aprilgold said:
Anybody can suck dick, but you can't choose if you get off to it or not.
Thank you for applying logic to my illogical joke to make your painfully obvious logical assertion.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
GameMaNiAC said:
I don't exactly hate gay people.

But I do hate it when they rub it in my face like this. Y'know. The fact that they are gay.
You know what I hate when all those heterosexuals rub in my face that they are heterosexual. You know like holding hands and making out in public ... that is disgusting, I mean IEW heterosexuals >.>

on topic. This topic made me crave oreo's so got a pack when i as shopping. I was also pleasantly surprised that another biscuit i eat almost everyday is also owned by "Kraft foods" I will keep supporting them by nomming delicious cookies and biscuits.

Simmo8591

May 20, 2009
Hmmm I'm seeing a lot of people objecting to the Oreo due to it being 'gay' which is forbidden in the bible. I also notice that they have short hair and lack long beards, which is funny as in Leviticus 19:27 shaving is forbidden...
always enjoy that one as a counter to 'it's in the bible so therefore its right'. People can deny they eat shellfish, pork, gossip or curse but not looking like Gandalf is usually a pretty big clue that they are shaving...

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
You know, if people are boycotting Oreo's because they made a rainbow color Oreo cookie picutre, I wonder what these people's reactions are to a bag of fucking skittles.

Also:

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
hooksashands said:
Aprilgold said:
Anybody can suck dick, but you can't choose if you get off to it or not.
Thank you for applying logic to my illogical joke to make your painfully obvious logical assertion.
Your welcome. *wooshes off to do this elsewhere*

LHZA

Sep 22, 2010
I'm surprised to actually see comments saying they think the boycott will actually work. It sure as hell didn't work against JC Penny or Archie comics, in the case of the latter, quite the opposite. Plus reading everyones comments has made me really really want to go out and buy some oreos. REALLY! I'm thinking either those white ones or the ones with extra cream. Or, I can get the regular kind, and make a six stacked oreo sans the different colours. Decision, decisions. Oh yah, and Yay gay pride, boo homophobes.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Can't say I agree with a food company having a political opinion other that reassuring people that they don't use slave labor or ingredients that are obtained through illegal measures.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
D Moness said:
You know what I hate when all those heterosexuals rub in my face that they are heterosexual. You know like holding hands and making out in public ... that is disgusting, I mean IEW heterosexuals >.>
No, I mean when someone has to let everyone know about his/her homosexual orientation in some pretty excessive way. Gay people keep finding new ways to support their sexual orientation.

Especially when it's in a "Gay and proud of it!" kind of way. It sounds like it wants to imply heterosexuality is somehow inferior. I don't get it. I don't see hetero people being proud about being hetero. They simply accept it.

Besides, holding hands and making out in public is not really rubbing it in anyone's face. It's an intimate moment a couple shares, regardless of sexual orientation.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
I always get frustrated when reading stories like this, as it makes me wish that I was a few decades into the future, in an era when we look back with pity for the primitive folks of the the early 21st century.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
GameMaNiAC said:

But I do hate it when they rub it in my face like this. Y'know. The fact that they are gay.

Please leave cookies in the neutral territory. Thanks.
If you were comfortable in your sexuality then it would no worse than watching a heterosexual couple make out. No one cares about your sexuality, not one bit, why should you care about someone else's?

Further more, why should gay couples have to put up with watching a man and woman kiss or have sex on tv, but we can't do the same?

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Iron Criterion said:
GameMaNiAC said:

Please leave cookies in the neutral territory. Thanks.
If you were comfortable in your sexuality then it would no worse than watching a heterosexual couple make out. No one cares about your sexuality, not one bit, why should you care about someone else's?

Further more, why should gay couples have to put up with watching a man and woman kiss or have sex on tv, but we can't do the same?
No, I meant when someone goes out of their way to show off their sexual orientation to other people. And it's even worse when they say they are proud of it as if trying to say I am inferior to them. That's what I meant.

Kissing and making out in public, I find nothing wrong with, except if it's purpose is just showing off your sexual orientation. Straight or gay.

Luke Gomez

Nov 30, 2011
GameMaNiAC said:
No, I meant when someone goes out of their way to show off their sexual orientation to other people. And it's even worse when they say they are proud of it as if trying to say I am inferior to them. That's what I meant.

Kissing and making out in public, I find nothing wrong with, except if it's purpose is just showing off your sexual orientation. Straight or gay.
Do you live in West Hollywood or something? How often does this "showing off" actually happen to you? It's probably been once or twice and you're definitely over-reacting to this whole issue.