Gearbox Delays Duke Nukem Forever Until Summer

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Father Time said:
omicron1 said:
I love Gearbox' PR. They mix equal amounts of humor and personality - sort of like that Sony spokesperson's ads, only done right.
You mean Kevin Butler? What's wrong with his ads?
Where Gearbox' ads have personality and humor, Sony's have a feel-good corporate face and empty words.

Or it might just be that I don't like the guy... I don't really know which.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
So, the question will be this. Can Valve time actually be longer than Duke Nukem Forever time?

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Enkidu88 said:
Hopefully the Duke doesn't curbstomp Gearbox into oblivion like 3D Realms. :p
SECOND, i would like another borderlands game tyvm :)

also, is anyone surprised? by the delay or the way they announced it? it is DN and gearbox were talking about.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Arizona Kyle said:
Veloxe said:
At some points this feels like they've been trolling us for almost 1 and 1/2 decades.
you know your going to load the game and this is going to pop up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Actually that made me realize why they delayed it. They probably had to change the song over to Friday Friday.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
"Duke never comes early."

I see what you did there....

But yeah, all is forgiven since they broke it to us in a funny manner. Good on ya, gearbox.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
At least they did it better than most people do... they actually made a funny announcement, not just saying "oh yeah, it's delayed a month kthxbai."

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
i actually dont mind minor delays, so long as it doesnt release with something that destroys the game (i had this happen before, game crash's after 2nd level with all saves gone and only way past was patch).

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
HAHAHA! Yaknow, I don't care that the ironic nature of Duke Forever being [em]delayed[/em]. I mean, Duke has been in the making for EVER. That's the joke! :) It just wouldn't be Duke if it wasn't delayed just a little more. ;)

btw, all delays should be as humorous. :D

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Juion said:
Not to be the nut who goes, "Gasp, this is a fake.", but, seriously. We've got eight days until April First. The release dates for international are just wrong. This was clearly something rehearsed and constructed, and April 1st was even mentioned in the video.

I'm betting on April 1st, we'll get a video and the demo that says, "Duke Nukem came early." and the release date will be sometime in late April or early May.
You know... if this movie actually was fake, this would be some pretty awesome trolling right here. XD

S

SaKenyi

Ah, well, I´ve been waiting for this game roughly 13 years, I think I can allow them another few weeks of respite. But I do hope they´ll use this time to clean up, improve and test the shit out of it before release. I expect nothing less than the best game ever, which is certainly something the Duke would deserve.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
One word should describe this easily: Staged. They never intended to release on the May date, ever, June was the plan all along and this was just part of the publicity, the joke you all thought was coming anyways. I'm just surprised they didn't wait for April 1st to do this but I suppose they wanted people to believe the actual "new" date. Honestly, when was the last time you saw a game release date only pushed back about a month? Bit more polish my ass, this game is probably already at the printing and packaging stage, at best they are working on a day 1 patch and DLC.

MechmanZero

Sep 13, 2008
Everyone should have seen this one coming. It's one of the most legendary vaporware titles out there, I fully expected that it would be delayed as a gag for that.

But in my opinion that date seems more likely since they might be wanting to make some type of a big showing at E3.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Okay who won the money pot?

As in who predicted that it would be announced delayed this close to release?

Ultima Shadow

Apr 8, 2009
I've never laughed at a game delay like I've laughed at this. Brilliant.

that said they better come out with the freaking game or I'll just graaagh