Gearbox Worried Duke Nukem Too Crude For ESRB

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
It'd be so damn funny if it was about to be released but was banned everywhere because of the rating.
It wouldn't happen, but it'd be funny.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Just make it an A-Rated game and let us order it off the internet. If stores don't want to carry the product, screw them, let them avoid the profit.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
aaronmcc said:
Duke Nukem Forever: Duke Goes to Church
Well yeah. Ever been to an all girls Catholic School?

Seriously though, I think no matter how it is ESRB is gonna have to rate it. After all, that's what we're paying them for.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Doesn't look like the ESRB will have to think too long on this one. Mature rating minimum.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
They better not try to tone it down. The only way I want my Duke Nukem Forever is over the top and vile.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Hmmm... my mind is going wild here. Considering Duke Nukem 3D had Duke giving an Alien a Pipebomb abortion, they are worried now? 3D Realms, what did you put in there? This is the American board that let in Kratos who decapitates people with his bare hands piece by piece, who let in the Vault Dweller who blows off limbs and tenderises the corpses, who let in Grand Theft Auto games, and now Gearbox is worried about them? Son of a *****...

Calumon: Should we get one for Yahtzee?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Jesus... now they are going to cut content?!?

hahahahahahaha

yeah, thats a great idea.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Honestly this just makes me even more excited. The game industry NEEDS something completely crude, juvenile, and awesome. Too many developers go for real and gritty. Whatever happened to fun and ridiculous?

l0rD ChUcKl3s

Nov 1, 2009
if they turn it down then it wont be duke nukem, it'll just be another shooter. with out the profanity what selling point does it have above other games?

Michael Dagastino

Feb 22, 2010
Master10K said:
They should just release it in 2 versions. Duke Nukem: Manly Edition (R-18, AO Rating) and Duke Nukem: Pussy Edition (18, M rating). Though they might wanna change the name of the 2nd one to something less profane.
lol I like that. May be keep the name, but put some asterisks in place of "uss".
Its a good idea too.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
As someone over the age of 18, please keep Duke as crude and over the top as possible. Don't water down my games just cause of some silly censors!!

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
O boy....I'm torn.
On one hand I want them stick it to the media and make Duke the way all his fans want him- as badass as humanly possible.
On the other hand, I want games to grow as a form of art and we hardly need another fiasco to further tarnish their public perception (however unfair and ignorant the media is on the subject) Also, I can't help but feel that the game will rely on profanity and breasts more than anything else to get by, and this will attract immature juveniles more than anybody else.