Geekiest habits that you have.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
Well, my laptop is currently surrounded by my Warhammer bits (currently converting the remains of a Screaming Bell grey seer and Rat Ogre to make them useable, seperate figures. Just in case anyone wanted to know the specifics.)

I do very little except play games and surf teh webz. Im also prone to playing MMO's like EvE and RIFT; and then Ill be on MSN / Facebook all day as well.

Oh, and I read some manga, like Deathnote, Bleach and D.Gray-Man... awesome books!

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
I always keep a twenty-sided die in my pocket, and use it to make decissions when I don't know what to do.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
drbarno said:
using TvTropes language in real life.
Ooh this!

Just the other day, I was talking about the big revelation that happened in the latest episode of Doctor Who and was weirded out by my friend not knowing what epileptic trees were. Then I realised I was the weird one. Bad times.

I also know pretty much everything about certain "worlds", be it Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Left 4 Dead etc. Andif I watch something I really like, you can bet I'm looking up it's wiki afterwards and reading all the crowning moments... Pages on tvtropes.

*sigh*

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
derob said:
I have a tendency to look up a word if I'm not a hundred percent sure on its spelling or its definition.
I do the same, I even look up words that I think are spelt correctly but Microsoft Word doesn't. More often than not it's a US:UK difference, and seeing that UK English is the master race English then I add it to the Word dictionary.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I collect the little Star Wars games figures but never actually have played the game.....

I also buy action figures from Toys R Us and keep them in the packages...(i.e my bulletstorm, assassin's creed and gears of war ones)

ElNeroDiablo

Jan 6, 2011
Computer running 24/7 (unless taken down for maintenance, such as upgrading RAM or installing hard drives)
check Escapist and Zazz.com.au when I first wake up (if before noon and after midnight at time, else Zazz is done at around midnight my time)
MLP:FiM (Aye, I'm a Brony, what's it to ya?)
POWER RANGERS, BITCHES! ("It's Morphing time!" "DRAGONZORD!" "TIGERZORD!" "MASTODON!" "PTERODACTYL!" "TRICERATOPS!" "SABRE-TOOTHED TIGER!" "TYRANNOSAURUS!")
Super Sentai ("Ippitsu Soujou!" "Ikkan Kenjou!")
Kamen Rider ([CHANGE BEETLE] "WAKE UP!!!!" [KAMEN RIDE: DECADE] " Taka! Tora! Batta! #Ta-To-Ba! TaToBa Ta-To-Ba!#")
"Expelliarmus!" (no need for clues, Sherlock)
"I cannae doo it Capt'n! I don' 'ave the poower!" (Obvious Scotty is obvious)
*BOOM* "Thanks fer standing still Wanka!" (obvious, no?)

Should I continue then?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Fbuh said:
Now for the geek A-Bomb...M fiance and I are currently preparing ourselves for possible Armageddon or zombie apocalypse. We have weapons at the ready, and we are currently creating emergency kits that we can just grab and go if need be. We are planning to eventually have our own house that is completely off the grid and self sufficient, as well as zombie and fallout proof (except for the game, which is welcome in my house! Cha ching!). I know, we are dorks, but we'll see who's laughing while we are the ones rebuilding.
ZombieSquad member perhaps? Because if not you'd probably love them.
Also, I myself own a medic packpack which can also be used for zombie emergencies. I've got my team role ready.

OT: I read. At the moment Death Troopers. Then it's back to my big astronomy books again for a few chapters. Then probably some Lovecraft.
I think my choice of books qualifies as geeky, yes?

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Arontala said:
Conqueror Kenny said:
I go to video game tournaments 1/2 times a week. Other than that I'm really not that bad, I don't even have a computer anymore.
I'm so confused...

OT: I consume copious amounts of anime every day, so there's that.
I just use my phone. Where's the confusion?

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Miles000 said:
Escapist when I wake up. As long as I don't sleep in that is.
Oh so seconded.

I reference video games to my girlfriend and talk about music all the time to her.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I love watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Lucky Star. I am also a fanboy of Sonic X, even though that show sucks balls. All of this when I'm a 15 year old guy.

I also randomly say Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
Conqueror Kenny said:
Arontala said:
Conqueror Kenny said:
I go to video game tournaments 1/2 times a week. Other than that I'm really not that bad, I don't even have a computer anymore.
I'm so confused...

OT: I consume copious amounts of anime every day, so there's that.
I just use my phone. Where's the confusion?
I can really see where the confusion came from.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
sketch_zeppelin said:
I..."eep" I'm a 28 year old man with that looks like Castro if i don't shave for a month. and sometimes when i'm startled i involantarly let out a soft girly "eep" like i'm some kind of cartoon animal person...
I also "eep". And if 2 people do it, it's a thing, right?

As for other geeky habits... Well, for anything remotely geeky sounding other than building a PC, everyone I know turns to me to see what I know about it. It generally seems to be the case that I'll be the one laying out pros and cons of every film currently in the cinema whilst we work out what to go see.