General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My xbox has been in it's box since i moved and I have little reason to drag it out and hook it up. Except when I get to FF13 for that thread I'm working on. Oh boy I can't wait!
Do as you wish. Like I said before, LC is pretty average with not much going on after beating the game. I would still play LC over FFXIII any day of the week. Have fun with that tepid and boring disaster when you get there.

My reaction to the game back in the day was; looks like just a ho-hum action game with a weird American cheerleader fetish
100% accurate.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
How does LC fare against the likes of Deadpool (the 2013 game)? Because to me (and forgive my ignorance) LC sounds a lot like Deadpool. And DP's gameplay was average at best, with the humor and 4th wall breaking carrying the game

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How does LC fare against the likes of Deadpool (the 2013 game)? Because to me (and forgive my ignorance) LC sounds a lot like Deadpool. And DP's gameplay was average at best, with the humor and 4th wall breaking carrying the game
The Devil May Cry games are the best DP games you will ever play, first of all. Second, LC I did find better and more enjoyable than DP, but not by much. LC is definitely more polished than DP. Still, all of the No More Heroes games, Killer Is Dead, and the Oneechanbara games starting at Z, fair much better in the gameplay department.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Special editions for the game. I must say, I always prefer the physical stuff over digital stuff. The strangest thing about these is that for collector's edition there's no physical disc, and you are given the download code.

Huh

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Special editions for the game. I must say, I always prefer the physical stuff over digital stuff. The strangest thing of these is that for collector's edition there's no physical disc, and you are given the download code.

Huh
That is becoming the trend lately. Horizon Forbidden West was the same way. I think they do it because the Special Editions are packaged before disc's for the game are made so by just including codes they can include codes for both Ps4 and Ps5 versions without having to make or delay manufactoring of the special editions.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Special editions for the game. I must say, I always prefer the physical stuff over digital stuff. The strangest thing of these is that for collector's edition there's no physical disc, and you are given the download code.

Huh

They are missing out on a cool steel book for this, which could be thematically linked to Gleipnir (the chains binding Fenrir). My haunch is Loki and Kratos free him and they won’t actually fight the wolf because that would be bloody cruel (plus he’s supposed to kill Odin himself).

*edit* oh shit it actually does have the steel book, and with Fenrir! Only catch is it will just be empty?

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Special editions for the game. I must say, I always prefer the physical stuff over digital stuff. The strangest thing about these is that for collector's edition there's no physical disc, and you are given the download code.

Huh
That is becoming the trend lately. Horizon Forbidden West was the same way. I think they do it because the Special Editions are packaged before disc's for the game are made so by just including codes they can include codes for both Ps4 and Ps5 versions without having to make or delay manufactoring of the special editions.
Which makes them nothing more than glorified scams to collectors and completionists. That is who they are feeding off of. Sony's not the only one to do this. Limited Run Games have been pulling this off for years now. If you're going to make all these special editions, you might as well give people the actual game. These companies know they can more than afford it. Otherwise, don't even bother. I'll just take a regular case and game as it is, and move with my life.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Which makes them nothing more than glorified scams to collectors and completionists.
Your ideas of scams are kind of scuffed tbh. Most people who go for collector's shit what the crap that comes with these special editions. They are paying for the statues and art books and other shit that get thrown in randomly and are less concerned with the actual game disc. And it isn't like they don't get the game either. They still get the game and hell they even get an extra copy to give away to comeone. So while you might not be happy about not getting a disc, you are not getting scammed.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Your ideas of scams are kind of scuffed tbh. Most people who go for collector's shit what the crap that comes with these special editions. They are paying for the statues and art books and other shit that get thrown in randomly and are less concerned with the actual game disc. And it isn't like they don't get the game either. They still get the game and hell they even get an extra copy to give away to comeone. So while you might not be happy about not getting a disc, you are not getting scammed.

I wonder what the price points will be for each of these. Guessing in the $150 range each since there’s little difference between the two.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It is a scam when you're not getting the physical version of the game. If you're going to overcharge all these items and bonuses, than at least give me the game that comes with it. That's how special editions worked back then, and it shouldn't be any different now. You got the bonuses that came with the actual physical cartridge or disc. What is so goddamn hard about that? Nothing's hard, they just don't want to put in the effort to it. This is the crap I'm talking about when you make excuses for dickery like this. If a product like this is between $150 to $300+ dollars, and all you get is a code that comes with bonuses, then I might as well just buy the game itself and and not even bother. I have gotten stuff with bonus additions, but guess what? They all came with the actual game too! Imagine that! Not some stupid code for the game!

Once again, this is nothing more than FOMO for collectors and completionists. Don't even get me started on the scalpers once they start getting copies of these, and charge them more than three times the asking price. Sony can afford to make physical versions, with all the boasting they have been doing, but they just don't want to do it. Laziness for the sake of laziness.

By the way, @CriticalGaming, @hanselthecaretaker, @FakeSympathy, & @Chimpzy, I highly suggest you watch that video I just posted it earlier. The one about Limited Run Games.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I highly suggest you watch that video I just posted it earlier. The one about Limited Run Games.
Already saw it some time ago, and yeah, LRG got some questionable practices going on.

I don't buy from them anymore. Tho not because of the video. Importing from outside the EU has just become too expensive. Used to be you didn't have to pay any import duties on stuff below a certain € value, but they changed that in 2020. To compound, a lot of countries introduced retaliatory tariffs because of Trump's dumb tariffs. Then there's shipping. LRG was never cheap to begin with, and all these additional fees and taxes add up to the price more than doubling, for games I could probably get digitally for a tenner on sale if I'm patient.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I loved playing the game in The Witcher 3 and measuring myself against other npcs in the world, but sadly I could never get into the standalone game.
Yep same here. In fact, I remember raging pretty hard against some of these NPCs because they conveniently had the scorch card that burned everything I had built up. I can't imagine playing against other real people, or play entire game revolving around the mechanic.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Fine by me. I still don't have a PS5, nor necessary on my list at the moment.
Yeah I don't give that much of a shit tbh. But since the back half of this year is already pretty fucking barren, it still sucks to have the small list get even smaller.