General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Apparently, GTA Definitive Edition has made Rockstar rethink a few things.

Probably for the best. They realized, "Oh we can't just shit these out and would actually have to work on them? Nevermind then."

So because it would take effort they are not going to bother because they need a new GTA online.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Probably for the best. They realized, "Oh we can't just shit these out and would actually have to work on them? Nevermind then."

So because it would take effort they are not going to bother because they need a new GTA online.
Considering that happened last year apparently they weren't considering it very hard otherwise the remake would have already been somewhat completed by then

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Uh oh.

And the world continues to turn...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I've seen a few of Alex Moukala's videos, and the man is a musical guru. He can pick out all sorts of influences in tunes. (And he's a pretty good musician himself.)

And the world continues to turn...
It's a good and healthy thing to want to expand your market, but if you neglect your core customers along the way, then you're going to be in a self-made world of hurt if the economy goes sour.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It's a good and healthy thing to want to expand your market, but if you neglect your core customers along the way, then you're going to be in a self-made world of hurt if the economy goes sour.
That's the thing right. A video game can get as greedy as it wants, but at some point your economy breaks and you fall back to a more sustainable level. The one thing I hate about capitalism is that no level of success is ever enough. If you make 1 billion in a year, next year you have to make 2, then 3, then 4, and on and on. And at some point your industry simply can't produce any further growth. You only have X number of customers, and you can only produce Y games per year. Even with Infinite income potential live services, there is a limit to how much you'll gain from each customer over time and know that your service is doomed from the start because eventually newer games will pull away your audience.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

...I don't even know what to say.

Good for you, Netherlands!
I never expected a remake of Lollipop Chainsaw, yet I have 0 problems. The gameplay has to be good. It's one of the post-NMH & Grasshopper games I go back to the least. Sure, it has less replay value than Shadows of the Damned, but the combat in that game was alright, but not as good as NMH combat. Also, fuck most of those mini game that can kill you, and you have to start over. If most of these mini games can kill you, then what's the point? The QTEs, aside from finishers, can go to. They're not the worst, but they're a sign of trends that were popular, but already waning in the early 2010s. If the remake played more like Killer Is Dead, No More Heroes III, or even the Oneechanbara series (which people like to draw comparisons), I am all for it.

I have two words for this news.

FUCK and YEAH!
Hells yeah!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Was the game fun? I vaguely remember the game being advertised. Never got it because of how weird it looked
The game can be fun, but just don't expect too much. It's your standard single player hack and slash game. You're going to play the game mainly for the characters and their interactions. The only thing that really doesn't age well is certain gameplay trends and quick time events. That and some of the '80s references ages it for the early 2010s.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
That's the thing right. A video game can get as greedy as it wants, but at some point your economy breaks and you fall back to a more sustainable level. The one thing I hate about capitalism is that no level of success is ever enough. If you make 1 billion in a year, next year you have to make 2, then 3, then 4, and on and on. And at some point your industry simply can't produce any further growth. You only have X number of customers, and you can only produce Y games per year. Even with Infinite income potential live services, there is a limit to how much you'll gain from each customer over time and know that your service is doomed from the start because eventually newer games will pull away your audience.
Yeah there’s usually merits and detriments to most things, but with economic systems like capitalism it can be like a highly malignant cancer at the undesirable end of the spectrum. It’s amazingly depressing to think of all the shit added to landfills every year due to the rabid pace and wastefulness of rampant consumerism. In general, much like oh I dunno a human body, it needs more antioxidants and less high fructose corn syrup.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Was the game fun? I vaguely remember the game being advertised. Never got it because of how weird it looked
I have no clue. I never played it, I didn't have a PS3 when it was cool to have a ps3 so this is one of those games that I've always had to look at from afar. So a rerelease or remaster, or remake is dandy for me because I missed out on it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah there’s usually merits and detriments to most things, but with economic systems like capitalism it can be like a highly malignant cancer at the undesirable end of the spectrum. It’s amazingly depressing to think of all the shit added to landfills every year due to the rabid pace and wastefulness of rampant consumerism. In general, much like oh I dunno a human body, it needs more antioxidants and less high fructose corn syrup.
There is no perfect system, but the biggest problem stems from the higher ups in all of them. You don't want the government dictating what you can and can't have like with Communism. At the same time, you don't want the CEO's influencing lawmakers like you get with capitalism.

I think Capitialism would be perfectly fine, if we could manage to keep the government independant or better yet regulatory of that "cancer" you describe. By implimenting rules and caps on what people can be charged for required goods and services. Thing's like rent and food for example. I think if we could find a way to regulate pricing on things like that and have laws that prevent corporate interference in government officials, the system would mostly be fine.

Unfortunately humans don't work that way.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
My reaction to the game back in the day was; looks like just a ho-hum action game with a weird American cheerleader fetish 🤷‍♂️

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have no clue. I never played it, I didn't have a PS3 when it was cool to have a ps3 so this is one of those games that I've always had to look at from afar. So a rerelease or remaster, or remake is dandy for me because I missed out on it.
There is a 360 version, and it is backwards compatible on XONE and SERIES X. You can find a copy for cheap in the second hand market. Ironically, the XBOX store does not recognize the game digitally, and the system will only acknowledge the game, when you put the disc in. For some reason, Microsoft is ashamed of this game, even when they had little to do with it.

This is what makes me nervous for the Lollipop Chainsaw remake.

We'll see how it goes, I do find this odd. Why is somebody else remaking LC? WB does not own the IP. I thought Grasshopper owned all rights, last I checked.

We got release date!
Thank you!

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There is a 360 version, and it is backwards compatible on XONE and SERIES X. You can find a copy for cheap in the second hand market. Ironically, the XBOX store does not recognize the game digitally, and the system will only acknowledge the game, when you put the disc in. For some reason, Microsoft is ashamed of this game, even when they had little to do with it.
My xbox has been in it's box since i moved and I have little reason to drag it out and hook it up. Except when I get to FF13 for that thread I'm working on. Oh boy I can't wait!