Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Apparently it's really easy to be a social media manager at EA. All you need is the ability to bash out a semi-coherent sentence and you'll have a job. Either that or it's a punishment assignment for the really big screwups, like if you got caught on tape sexually harassing a farm animal or something.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
A parliamentary motion has been filed in the Netherlands to ban paid lootboxes
The actual motion is in Dutch of course, so I took the liberty of translating:
The House,

Having heard the deliberation,

Has taken note that children are being manipulated into making microtransactions in video games, and that so-called lootboxes can be said to be a form of gambling,

Has taken note that these transactions are addictive, and can burden families with unexpected bills for these transactions, with any and all distruptive consequences,

Has taken note that the consumer associations of eighteen European countries have jointly asked for regulation of these loot boxes,

Has taken note that the Dutch Gambling Authority has attempted to regulate these lootboxes, but that the State Council (i.e. supreme court) did not go along with this,

Has taken note that these lootboxes are banned in Belgium,

Requests the cabinet into investigating the possibility of also banning these lootboxes in the Netherlands, and to change the law where necessary,

And proceeds to the order of the day,

Bontenbal
Ceder
Rajkowski
Leijten
Van Ginneken
Bouchallikh
It would need to pass both the House and Senate, but it should be noted the signatories of the motion represent 6 parties that together hold a comfortable majority in both bodies, so that seems like it should pass, but I don't know enough about Dutch politics to make adequate judgment.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Apparently it's really easy to be a social media manager at EA. All you need is the ability to bash out a semi-coherent sentence and you'll have a job. Either that or it's a punishment assignment for the really big screwups, like if you got caught on tape sexually harassing a farm animal or something.

And really the CEO should be forced to read this story until they either change for the better or go insane and are forced to resign.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Something great and positive. Go Latino community!

You won't las long; time to die.

Not my list, but I don't mind #1 being there, Not bad IGN India.

Sony, you're literally patenting an easy mode. I am glad you are helping less capable gamers, or straight up dumb asses, but lets be honest: why the fuck do you need to patent an easy mode? I am all for being more accessible, but this sounds like it's more trouble than the mode is worth, and better off just using easy modes that already exist.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You won't las long; time to die.
Fyi, there's a website. www.poliumone.com. I suggest you pay it a visit. Trust me, its worth it. *

* In case you're wondering, they didn't bother to register the poliumone.com domain before announcing their pos, so some magnificent bastard swiped it and made it redirect to https://web3isgoinggreat.com/.

Also, have you noticed how much their logo looks like the Gamecube one (and that of PQube)? C'mon Nintendo, send in the lawyers, for once with my full support.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America