General Gaming News.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I still haven't finished the first, but having a blaster and a lightsaber sounds pretty fun. Makes you wonder though, what will they add to the third game? Actually, nevermind. They're totally going to do dark side powers.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I still haven't finished the first, but having a blaster and a lightsaber sounds pretty fun. Makes you wonder though, what will they add to the third game? Actually, nevermind. They're totally going to do dark side powers.
Oh yes, force lightning and choking storm troopers? sign me up

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Not Japan. The Middle East is the next location.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder if they pivoted away from Japan after Ghosts of Tsushima did Japan nearly perfectly. So it would probably be redundant for an AC game. I doubt it though.
I don't doubt it, but I don't care. Anything Ubisoft tried developing would only be a pale imitation, unintentional or not. They did AC in China once for a 2.5D spin-off almost no one gave a shit about. I heard the story and characters are actually decent, but everything else is lacking and underdeveloped.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't doubt it, but I don't care. Anything Ubisoft tried developing would only be a pale imitation, unintentional or not. They did AC in China once for a 2.5D spin-off almost no one gave a shit about. I heard the story and characters are actually decent, but everything else is lacking and underdeveloped.
I hope they take a step back and look at Origins and Odyssey as examples for the next AC game and not Valhalla. Because Origins and Odyssey were genuinely good games imo. But Valhalla was just not great.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hope they take a step back and look at Origins and Odyssey as examples for the next AC game and not Valhalla. Because Origins and Odyssey were genuinely good games imo. But Valhalla was just not great.
More than likely, not. Even if it does happen, it will only be marginally good, or "good" in comparison to Valhalla. And only mediocre in comparison to Ghost.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Not Japan. The Middle East is the next location.
From various sources I've read, it'll be set in Baghdad during the Golden Age of Muslim, when the city was the place of learning. It's around 300 years before Altair, so there's goes my hopes of seeing some familiar faces.

I do hope they drop the origin/odyssey/Valhalla gameplay.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
From various sources I've read, it'll be set in Baghdad during the Golden Age of Muslim, when the city was the place of learning. It's around 300 years before Altair, so there's goes my hopes of seeing some familiar faces.

I do hope they drop the origin/odyssey/Valhalla gameplay.
I don't know why you are quoting Bob_McMillan, as I posted the link, but thank you for the info.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Not sure if anyone cares about this but throw this on the pile. I honestly didn't even know this was a thing until now.
Ubi just cancelled a bunch of game today, it feel like the company, they also cancelled a battle royal tom Clancy game. They keep trying to do stuff by jumping on the bandwagon way too late. It kinda feel like ubisoft might be looking at a major restructuration or something soon, they really seem to be struggling.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ubi just cancelled a bunch of game today, it feel like the company, they also cancelled a battle royal tom Clancy game. They keep trying to do stuff by jumping on the bandwagon way too late. It kinda feel like ubisoft might be looking at a major restructuration or something soon, they really seem to be struggling.
Yeah, it feels like Ubisoft is junking all but it's OpenWorld-type game like Assassin's Creed and....maybe the Division? Ghost Recon is dead, probably the Tom Clancy games for now(Extraction apparently flopped hard, but Siege is still going). I wouldn't be shocked if Skull and Bones was an underbaked turd that would have been a lot more impressive if it had come out 5 years ago.

If AC stops paying the bills, which is will depend a lot on how well Infinity is recieved, Ubisoft is gonna be hurting pretty hard. To use the cycle of Empires model, Ubisoft is well into the Decay phase and probably gonna hit the Long Night pretty fucking soon here.

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, it feels like Ubisoft is junking all but it's OpenWorld-type game like Assassin's Creed and....maybe the Division? Ghost Recon is dead, probably the Tom Clancy games for now(Extraction apparently flopped hard, but Siege is still going). I wouldn't be shocked if Skull and Bones was an underbaked turd that would have been a lot more impressive if it had come out 5 years ago.

If AC stops paying the bills, which is will depend a lot on how well Infinity is received, Ubisoft is gonna be hurting pretty hard. To use the cycle of Empires model, Ubisoft is well into the Decay phase and probably gonna hit the Long Night pretty fucking soon here.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010