Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Still overpriced.
I'm reminded of Noah Caldwell Gervais's review of Aliens: Colonial Marines where he said "I got the entire game, DLC and all, on a deep discount sale for $7 and spent about 8 hours of my life playing it. After finishing I felt ripped off and I wanted those 8 hours of my life back".

Also, is anyone even still playing anthem? Isn't it a multiplayer focused game which means you're messing around with a bunch of bots and that's apparently not what the game is built around? Fuck, I keep forgetting it was even a thing until someone reminds me of it's existence, so when the news came it was being abandoned, there was that "Oh, wait, that's still a thing?"

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
For that price, of something that will essentially only play what a toaster CPU can now emulate for free, they can get fucked sideways.

*edit*. Nevermind, I completely misread this as Atari releasing a mini version of the 2600 console.

Still overpriced by Lego though, so point kinda still stands actually.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you say so.
I know so.

Look, I'm not saying every video game needs a consultant, but it does help to avoid blind spots or setting off unfortunate implications. Whether it be culturally related, sexually related gender related, or race related. It's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength and of the developers caring about their end product. Then then caring about their target audience and those are trying to sell to. I know there will be those that will use it for the most superfluous reasons, but that's not everyone and those types can still screw off. Besides, we all know that there have been plenty of companies that use different countries, cultures or races as punching bags, or using them for shallow politics that acts like they want to say something, but actually says nothing. Yet many of these same AAA companies talk about how they're "apolitical, non political, or political neutral". Bitches with nothing to offer, and only care for the status quo.

I won't go any further with this. I will add that as long as consultant and the parties involved care about what they're doing, then it's not a bad idea and beneficial.

Ghost of Tsushima is a good example.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Chimpzy.

Enjoy the pain and misery.

If they do that, then I'll just wait longer. Your call Sony.

I highly doubt they cleaned up their frat boy image much.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
@Chimpzy.
Neat, if maybe a bit anticlimactic. Good news for modding community tho.
Naaaaaaaa Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Katamari Damacyyyyyyyyyy. Ok, obligatory theme song humming done. Interested to see what'll come out of Uvula. Hopefully some of that experimental Japanese weird joyfulness. Haven't seen that in a while. Could use some.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

But contrary to what we might think about games being good or bad for us, we found [in this latest study] pretty conclusive evidence that how much you play doesn't really have any bearing whatsoever on changes in well-being.
Suprise of the century right there! /s

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Chimpzy

Earlier this month, Sega announced the Sega Genesis Mini 2, which launches this October in North America and will contain more than 50 Sega Genesis and Sega CD games. However, since the announcement, it has only been officially available to preorder through Amazon — and with the odd caveat that it is shipping directly from Japan (and not for cheap). Ars Technica reached out to Sega for clarification on the manufacturing and supply of Sega Genesis Mini 2, and it confirmed something depressing: Mini 2 will receive a much smaller run than the original mini console.

Sega said the supply of Sega Genesis Mini 2 manufactured will be around one tenth that of the first. It also confirmed that this console is a “Japan-only project,” explaining why the console is shipping directly from Japan. Sega is producing so many fewer units this time because of the ongoing global semiconductor shortage. It is likewise becoming increasingly unlikely that Europe will receive an official release of the console.

We don’t know exactly how many units are being manufactured, but in fairness, the original Sega Genesis Mini was readily available for a good year or so after its release. Shrinking that to one tenth the size should at least still mean that the most hardcore American and Japanese fans should be able to procure one. And again, Sega Genesis Mini 2 is currently still available to preorder, albeit at a price that seems to fluctuate. It might be wise to preorder one now and then cancel later if it turns out the final game list doesn’t have what you were hoping it would include.

For reference, below is the list of games that has been confirmed for Sega Genesis Mini 2 in North America so far. Many more games will still be announced for inclusion in the future. For example, it was recently confirmed that the Japanese version of the console will include both Lunar games, among others.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

TL;DR
Games on Steam are longer allowed to have awards and review scores/quotes on their pages.
I.E. "This game is amazing! -Polygon", "10/10 -IGN", "Already started another run -Game Informer"

Good on them, I was tired of seeing mediocre/terrible games pretending to be otherwise

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

TL;DR
Games on Steam are longer allowed to have awards and review scores/quotes on their pages.
I.E. "This game is amazing! -Polygon", "10/10 -IGN", "Already started another run -Game Informer"

Good on them, I was tired of seeing mediocre/terrible games pretending to be otherwise
BUT HOW WILL GAMERS KNOW TO PLAY GOOD GAMES NOW????