General Gaming News.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Even I got a freaking Switch. Me, the guy who is totally not into Nintendo's whole... thing... game-wise (I loved it as a kid but to me Nintendo is just Mario- which is, like, whatever anymore- Zelda, which is BotW which is empty and boring to me personally, weeb shit, and baby games). But I am doing some traveling and I wanted a hand-held and I'm not ready to shell out for a Steam Deck any time soon.
$80 for a used Lite on ebay for the ability to play some hot indies and older ports is a great. Key thing is, it's not my main gaming as I have "real" console for that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Even I got a freaking Switch. Me, the guy who is totally not into Nintendo's whole... thing... game-wise (I loved it as a kid but to me Nintendo is just Mario- which is, like, whatever anymore- Zelda, which is BotW which is empty and boring to me personally, weeb shit, and baby games).
I don't care much for Mario more either, but the new strikers game is great if you're in a multiplayer and got friends and family. Mario Odyssey is great, though I don't have it yet. I do recommend 3D World and the bonus game that comes with it. I'm not a big Zelda fans, so I can't comment. The Dynasty Warriors spin off games are fun. We've already been through this: Nintendo doesn't do "baby" games. They cater to all kinds. Second, you want a "hardcore" game that badly from Nintendo? Play Metroid Dread. Also, you want a tough platformer? Donkey Kong Tropical: Freeze. That is nowhere near close to a baby game. You'll get the challenge you want! Just don't come crying to me. And finally, there's plenty of "weeb shit" on Sony consoles and Steam. Nintendo is not the odd one out on this. Don't know why you called them specifically out on this.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Even I got a freaking Switch. Me, the guy who is totally not into Nintendo's whole... thing... game-wise (I loved it as a kid but to me Nintendo is just Mario- which is, like, whatever anymore- Zelda, which is BotW which is empty and boring to me personally, weeb shit, and baby games). But I am doing some traveling and I wanted a hand-held and I'm not ready to shell out for a Steam Deck any time soon.
$80 for a used Lite on ebay for the ability to play some hot indies and older ports is a great. Key thing is, it's not my main gaming as I have "real" console for that.
TBH my switch is nothing more than a pokemon machine. It exists so that I can play new pokemon games when they come out, then I dont touch the system any time after that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
TBH my switch is nothing more than a pokemon machine. It exists so that I can play new pokemon games when they come out, then I dont touch the system any time after that.
Get started on Bayonetta 2 and the No More Heroes games. Did you play Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze by the way? You said you were going to get to it at some point, and had asked about it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Get started on Bayonetta 2 and the No More Heroes games. Did you play Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze by the way? You said you were going to get to it at some point, and had asked about it.
No I didn't. I got caught up in other things, I forget when I even said that but something must have come up im sure. Now I have a big project I'm working on that has nothing to do with the FF retro, so I'm not even looking for anything atm. Hell I might not even play Saints Row at launch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No I didn't. I got caught up in other things, I forget when I even said that but something must have come up im sure. Now I have a big project I'm working on that has nothing to do with the FF retro, so I'm not even looking for anything atm. Hell I might not even play Saints Row at launch.
You asked about DK during spring of last year. You do whatever you got to do. I will see if you want to catch up on Bayonetta or NMH you should start playing around mid to late August, or very early September. You got until the 28th for Bayonetta 3, so you got a minute. Other than that, go out and have fun with the project you're doing.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I mean... It's kind of hard to judge the why's of that. The pandemic likely gave a surge to video-game purchases thanks to people working at home or being unable to go outside or meet with friends, so any "downturn" could just be things equalizing out rather than game sales going down because of something negative. Not that it couldn't be true that people are spending less because they feel the need to save money, just that it's not necessarily the case.
Wouldn’t doubt it’s partly because people are spending the cost of a new game or more every time they fill their fucking gas tanks. Which could be more than once a week depending on how much you drive. Have to drive, for work, because working remote isn’t cool anymore either.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Speaking of Pokemon this happened this morning?

New Pokemon games in November. Now pokemon will turn into motorcycles for...i dunno...fucking reasons. whatever. New pokemon yay.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Because they are From Software. Though those men and women deserve a break and long rest. They've done more than enough at this point. I hope they're able to get some vacation time.
I'm worried it's a game by the B-team like Dark Souls 2 and it's going to be a huge disappointment to people after ER.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm worried it's a game by the B-team like Dark Souls 2 and it's going to be a huge disappointment to people after ER.
The fact Dark Souls II was able to be in a playable state, and still sold great, all things considered, is an amazing feat. The original director for DS2 had no idea what he was doing and had to be replaced by somebody else, if I remember correctly. While Miyazaki was working on Bloodborne. If it is a B team, it won't inherently be a problem. Just put somebody in charge that knows what they're doing, or somebody that helped assist with Miyazaki heavily. DMC 3-5 we're basically B teams to Clover Studios. Itsuno and his crew went from "B Team" to S Team.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I thought this was how Miyazaki was given the Demon's Souls project. DId it happen on DS2 too?
All all I know is that for DS2, Miyazaki was an advisor early on in the game's production. But was hyper focused on Bloodborne for the majority of the time. He more or less left the B team to their own devices.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
OR, maybe it will be a smaller, more focused game and you’ll end up liking it more :)

I thought this was how Miyazaki was given the Demon's Souls project. DId it happen on DS2 too?

He took over Demon’s as it was going nowhere beforehand. With DS2 he kinda said peace-out, Ima be over here in Yharnam lol. I would guess either of their teams have more honed experience with their game types now though. ER was possibly handled by a B team early on while Sekiro was in the later stages. It can go either way and hopefully their talent is spread well across both teams now.

I’m guessing it’ll be a new Armored Core.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I’m guessing it’ll be a new Armored Core.
I serious don't understand why people keep bring up hope that Armored Core will make a comeback, those games were garbage imo. There is a reason why people don't make mech-shooters anymore, because the concept is flawed from the get go as a video game experience.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I serious don't understand why people keep bring up hope that Armored Core will make a comeback, those games were garbage imo. There is a reason why people don't make mech-shooters anymore, because the concept is flawed from the get go as a video game experience.
I never played AC so I have no expectations but I'm interested to see how post Souls FROM handles a Mech game.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Careful, LIQUID!!! might hear you.

I never played AC so I have no expectations but I'm interested to see how post Souls FROM handles a Mech game.

I’ve never played the others. Maybe rented one a long time ago. Basically my main experience with mechs is that little bit in MGS4, and I’m actually content with that lol.