General Gaming News.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Dumbass bit it real hard, when he started insulting the Microsoft and Xbox fan base.
Same way he and the rest of Epic talked shit about the Unreal fanbase to go deepthroat Microsoft.

So the lesson is probably to make sure you've got backers with a vested interest in seeing you get a new, larger fanbase before you take a giant shit on the one you had.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Glad to see their greedy arrogance causing them problems.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Within that story -

This is the kinda of bs I was lamenting in the main GoW thread.

Just yesterday we reported that some late-game spoilers for God of War Ragnarok had started spreading throughout social media, warning fans of the series to mute keywords and stay off Twitter, Reddit, and YouTube as much as possible to avoid any surprises being ruined. Some of those leaks are still out there as of the time of writing, which had many wondering if Sony has even noticed the situation.

This is why devs need to make statements, because it’s provoked by this bs.

I highly doubt this was an accident, so it’s like why can’t people just follow directions? Surely they were clear and respectable enough. Have some self control and don’t be a shameless lowlife idiot. Shouldn’t be that difficult, but this leak bs just seems to only be getting worse every generation. “Just don’t watch the spoilers!” is beside the point (see Cory’s reaction for starters) and we shouldn’t have to alter our internet habits because someone had to be a bad apple.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
which had many wondering if Sony has even noticed the situation.
If Sony truly cared like they did with a certain Part 2, they would be copyright claiming those videos right now or whatever gets uploaded.

Now that the word is out, anybody that's deeply invested in this game just don't go to any of those sites or voice social media. I know it sucks, but that's how it happens with crap like this. You all want 24/7 connection? This is what it gets you.

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Playstation VR 2 incoming soon. Kind of expensive though, considering it's basically the same price as the actual PS5. But if it's as powerful as they claim, it's still a pretty cheap VR option for people interested in that.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Playstation VR 2 incoming soon. Kind of expensive though, considering it's basically the same price as the actual PS5. But if it's as powerful as they claim, it's still a pretty cheap VR option for people interested in that.
Considering the article that someone posted recently about Microsoft losing money on Xboxes, I do have to wonder exactly what Sony's business model is with the PSVR. Are they losing money on the hardware but making up for it with peripherals and games? Hard to believe considering how niche VR remains.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Considering the article that someone posted recently about Microsoft losing money on Xboxes, I do have to wonder exactly what Sony's business model is with the PSVR. Are they losing money on the hardware but making up for it with peripherals and games? Hard to believe considering how niche VR remains.
Consoles are usually sold at a loss. Game sales and subscriptions are where they make up that money most of the time. Then of course console sales towards the mid/end of the console's life where production is much cheaper also helps.

That is was xbox is so baffling. They are losing money on xboxes and not actually releasing any games to make money back. You can argue that they are making money on Gamepass subs, but a lot of those subs are only 1 dollar or free with other purchases. Then you factor how much they spent on buying publishers and developers like bethesda and activision and i cant imagine MS has any hope to make any profit out of the gaming division for quite a long time.

Another thing to consider on the Gamepass front is that if MS is losing $200 per console, that means every single Xbox owner would have to sub to Gamepass for nearly two years to make up that $200 loss. That doesn't include whatever MS is spending to keep games on Gamepass in the first place.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Consoles are usually sold at a loss. Game sales and subscriptions are where they make up that money most of the time. Then of course console sales towards the mid/end of the console's life where production is much cheaper also helps.
Yes, that's why I find the existence of the PSVR baffling. It is, essentially, a peripheral. And yet, it basically functions as a console. So it doesn't really have its own peripherals as far as I know, subscriptions seem irrelevant to it, and they don't have that many VR games in the library. So how the heck is Sony making money off this thing? Is it actually profitable on its own?

That is was xbox is so baffling. They are losing money on xboxes and not actually releasing any games to make money back. You can argue that they are making money on Gamepass subs, but a lot of those subs are only 1 dollar or free with other purchases. Then you factor how much they spent on buying publishers and developers like bethesda and activision and i cant imagine MS has any hope to make any profit out of the gaming division for quite a long time.

Another thing to consider on the Gamepass front is that if MS is losing $200 per console, that means every single Xbox owner would have to sub to Gamepass for nearly two years to make up that $200 loss. That doesn't include whatever MS is spending to keep games on Gamepass in the first place.
In fairness, I'd imagine there are people who buy Gamepass subscriptions a year at a time. Also, while I don't know how most people use their consoles these days, my relatives in the US used theirs as a multimedia device. They'd buy movies on it, watch Netflix on it, even listen to Spotify. Perhaps these services are a more significant revenue stream than we think.

But yes, I have to wonder how the heck they can possibly be profitable after releasing essentially no games and selling significantly less consoles than the competition. If they're in it for the long haul, Godspeed I guess. Y'all should really release at a least one good game though.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yes, that's why I find the existence of the PSVR baffling. It is, essentially, a peripheral. And yet, it basically functions as a console. So it doesn't really have its own peripherals as far as I know, subscriptions seem irrelevant to it, and they don't have that many VR games in the library. So how the heck is Sony making money off this thing? Is it actually profitable on its own?
I don't know what the profit margin on PSVR is so there is no way to tell, but if it's like the first VR they did it will get some of its power from the PS5 itself. The Oculus Quest has been a very successful VR system because of it's independence from wires or high end PC's. So I would imagine there is an audience for VR the same way the Wii had an audience. While it might not be a sit down and play all the time system, it's still a fun cool toy to break out with friends or when you just want a different type of experience. We'll have to see how it shakes out. At least Sony is TRYING something different on top of also making great games, which is more than you can say for Xbox since they've done nothing since that stupid fucking Kinect failed.

Y'all should really release at a least one good game though.
I've said this before, but as much as I bash on MS it isn't because I want them to suck (though i think it's funny). I bash on them because I want MS to be good, to be a strong competitor in the gaming market, because competition is what pushes everyone to be better. And when one company is so far and away the other people in the field, then they get greedy and complacent and that means they start to suck. I need Microsoft to get their fucking act together so that Sony stays on that grind to be the best. If Microsoft fails, Sony becomes King and no longer has to try.

Frankly it would also be cool if Nintendo would come back to the console world and stop being a weird gaming toy.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Already said it before, but this looks to be one of the better video game live-action adaptations. It seems like understanding the source material really helps make the show/movie look great. Who would've thought? /s

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
We shall see.....

How they fuck it up.
The thing about this one is that even the trailer from a few weeks ago looked really good. Unlike Halo or Netflix Resident Evil, where I had a feeling they were gonna be bad from the get-go, this series look like they are actually trying.

But you are right. We'll have to see the actual show to see how great or disappointing it is

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
ns. It seems like understanding the source material really helps make the show/movie look great. Who would've thought? /s
We shall see.....
How they fuck it up.
Trailers are shown at sixty bullshots per second.
How is that a 1991 Van Damme action movie did the source material of Double Dragon better than the Double Dragon Movie (1994)?

I've noticed we have been getting better adaptions, but Hollywood still has a few bad hangers they won't let go or keeps them around for dumb reasons. Not helping matter is that certain gaming companies don't care how good or bad adaptions, so long as they get the cash or royalties.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Because Van Damme is the best action hero we've ever had or ever will have.
As far as action stars from Western society, we got Scott Adkins, Michael J. White, and Mark Dacascos. Adkins was even a protege under Van Damme.

White and Mark got roles, but a lot of their work went straight to DVD or TV shows. Both turned out great and still doing fine, and been getting more recognition between the late 2000s and 2010s. Though I feel Mark got screwed hard at the time, because of Double Dragon (1994).