General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Halo: Combat Evolved is officially of drinking age [in the United States] today. Feels like forever and a day ago that I came across this game and it and it's progeny would consume so much of my gaming time. Lots of fond memories, lots of fun, lots of friends made. Then Halo 5 happened, and I haven't touched Halo since. I might toss in The Master Chief Collection this weekend; after all, it was the last decent thing done with the franchise in nigh a decade.
Oh man, as soon as i saw the flood, i realized why the game was rated M 343 Guilty Spark; The library was one of the most terrifying video game levels I had ever played until that point.

Shame that the flood is near non-existent now.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
The TGA 2022 nominees are here; Go cast your votes or w/e

Glad to see TLOU Part 1 not hogging up all the categories, and i was surprised Diablo Immortal was nominated for anything in the first place

Yeah my 5 votes were mostly Tunic. The rest I hadn't played or wouldn't vote for it in that category (Elden Ring came up alot as the only option Id played, and it certainly isn't my GotY, the innovation category was a hilarious joke with all the open world RPG sandbox sequel games, and best narrative was an even funnier one)

Also I had a chuckle that they basically gave Nintendo their own category (with one LEgo game mixed in) for family. Guess they couldn't be bothered playing the indies for that one.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Bunch of mofos is what they are
I'm all for giving everyone, even evil companie, benefit of the doubt. But unless they release a similar statement when the original reddit post by Marty was released, it's hard to take their "this has incited harassment" claim seriously.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Fuck you both. You have no right to even say something like that, after all the crap you supportred and enabled.

If Twitter dies, then video games will still thrive just fine. People will have to use other avenues.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Oh man, as soon as i saw the flood, i realized why the game was rated M 343 Guilty Spark; The library was one of the most terrifying video game levels I had ever played until that point.

Shame that the flood is near non-existent now.
The Flood feels like a tricky thing. I kinda miss them, but I think from a narrative standpoint I'd be annoyed if they came back. Oh the flood, again?

But not like 343 is taking the story anywhere so.....

Flood showing up in non-story modes like Firefight would be a ball though. I did appreciate their addition to ODST Firefight even if they were kinda jank and the balance was iffy.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Blizzard is likely just going to work out another deal, this reads simply as a contract ending and a new contract needs to be worked out.

As for Volition....well Gearbox aint exactly making great shit either so maybe they'll make shit together and it'll be shit.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I call it, too big to fail since people were hoping Volition legit died after Saints Row Reboot failing to meet their expectations. Well maybe they will get their wish or they dont.

Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Naughty tactics

A former employee of Final Fantasy publisher Square Enix has been arrested and accused of insider trading.

38-year-old Taisuke Sazaki, whose video game credits include work on numerous Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles, allegedly bought shares in Japanese development company Aiming shortly before Square Enix publicly announced the studio was working on a new Dragon Quest mobile title.

Nippon reports that Sazaki acquired shares worth 20.8m yen (around £125k) between December 2019 and February 2020, after allegedly hearing details of Aiming's project.

A friend of Sazaki, 40-year-old Fumiaki Suzuki, reportedly acquired 26.4m yen's worth of shares (£159k) around the same time.

Square Enix formally announced Dragon Quest Tact, a free-to-play tactical role-playing game for iPhone and Android devices in February 2020. The game then launched in Japan that July.

Both men were arrested today by the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office's special investigation squad. We'll keep you updated as the case unfolds.

Earlier today, Square Enix announced more details of its upcoming Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 Remaster, which it is developing itself.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Blizzard is likely just going to work out another deal, this reads simply as a contract ending and a new contract needs to be worked out.

As for Volition....well Gearbox aint exactly making great shit either so maybe they'll make shit together and it'll be shit.
Shit + Shit = Shit.

Math checks out.

Sorry, if you want good jokes you'll have to talk to me after I've had at least another cup of coffee.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I call it, too big to fail since people were hoping Volition legit died after Saints Row Reboot failing to meet their expectations. Well maybe they will get their wish or they dont.
I'd a little sad to see the SR reboot fail hard because I did like the series(more then GTA at any rate) but at the same time, I was never hyped. It was more of a "I hope they can bring this back sucessfully AKA GOOD" and that didn't happen, so it's pretty much where it was before.

Oh well. I can go replay SR2, SR3 and SR4 whenever I need to relive the good times.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Shit + Shit = Shit.

Math checks out.
I'm good at math.

In other news, Pokemon's newest game is not getting great reviews because it once again has shitty performance, wack graphics, and the Switch simply is an underpowered machine that is crippling game development.

OR Gamefreak just can't afford good developers despite making more money than God.

I dunno.